October 2016 Moms

Future pregnancies anyone??

par_mach_kaipar_mach_kai member
edited November 2016 in October 2016 Moms
I'm sure some of you want to smack me for mentioning it in the throes of newborns that don't sleep...but anyone want to talk about when/if they want to have another baby and timing? I didn't see a thread on this, apologies if I missed it.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I thought after the first trimester that I would never want another kid simply because of the way the pregnancy made me feel. Felt better in the second trimester and became uncomfortable again in the third. Yet, the day after I gave birth, I missed being pregnant so much. And despite the sleepiness of having a newborn, I can't wait to have another one :) 

1. How many kids do you have now?
2. Do you want any more? How many?
3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing?
4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy?

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

Re: Future pregnancies anyone??

• 1. How many kids do you have now? Three biological children and a step-son (who I love just as my own!)

2. Do you want any more? How many? I know I said I was done before, but now I just don't know. I do think I want another. LATER. Feel free to slap me...

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? I would say 1.5-2 years is ideal, 4 years max. My older brother is 15 months older than my twin sister and I, my younger twin brothers are 4 years younger. I am and always have been close to all of them, had the boys been younger I don't know if we'd still have that bond. My youngest sister just turned 13 on the 28th (14 year difference) and her being around is more like having a second daughter. I love her, but our relationship is just different. Too much of a generation gap.

4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? Yes, I would be more cautious and press my concerns more with my OB. 

• 1. How many kids do you have now? Just this new one!

2. Do you want any more? How many? I have always wanted 3 but I have to have a RCS unless I have babies Elsewhere (At least 1.5 hrs away) and not sure I can do c-section recovery two more times. Soooooo Probably just one more.

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? I'd like to start TTGP when Baby B is 16-18 months old. 

4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? Pregnancy was overall great. Just looking forward to not questioning every little thing as a BTDT mom (though I'm sure there will still be questions). Oh and I'd like to not be super pregnant all summer haha 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many kids do you have now? Just the one!

2. Do you want any more? How many? Definitely one more, maybe two. We'll see. 

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? We plan to start trying again when Reagan turns one. I want my kids to be close in age. Plus, DH and I are both 30 and if we want to have a third, we need to get to it! 

4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? I don't think so... I mean, there are things I wish had gone differently, but none of them were in my control. I hope to try for a VBAC next time, but I know virtually nothing about them, so I've got plenty of research to do between now and then. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How many kids do you have now?
    Just one. 

Originally I wanted to have 3, but I'm leaning more towards 2 now. 

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing?
    Since she's our first I don't really know, but I'm thinking about 2 years apart. My sister and I are 8 years apart and we have absolutely no relationship. Part of it is due to the fact that we lived in separate households, but partly because of the age difference. 

I would want to be in better shape and get to know the OB side of the practice. I adore the midwives, but with the possibility of being high risk again, I would want to at least know my doctors before I deliver. With Hazel I had to change doctors when I was admitted because I developed preeclampsia, so I had no relationship built with them.
  • 1. How many kids do you have now? one wee bebe
    2. Do you want any more? How many? I think one more would be good - I feel life is richer with siblings.
    3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? Hoping for the next to be born at the beginning of summer to minimize my leave. I'm thinking we might aim for just over 1.5 years and if that doesn't take then wait another year and get more serious. I can't wait too long because I just turned 35 one day after giving birth. I want to have the second before I'm 40 anyway.
    4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? I like to think I'd relax a lot more and probably do less research/obsessing. Also I won't be able to just lay around since I'll have a kid! 

Honestly, this baby is kicking my ass and a second may not happen (by choice, or by inability to have another for all I know). However I am coming out of the "how does anyone handle this ever" phase and back into the very misguided "other people do it so clearly I can too" mindset. If she ends up with colic or being a godawful tot, I may change my mind...

• 1. How many kids do you have now? one and currently in the midst of the adoption process for another
    2. Do you want any more? How many? biologically one or two... 
    3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? Our little guy we are adopting will be 3 in November. We are hoping to start trying again when this LO is about 18-20 months. 
    4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? I will have to work really hard to try for  VBAC but I desperately want it to be a possibility. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
    3 boys
    Before this one I only wanted 3. As selfish as it sounds I want to try one more time for a girl, well maybe. 
     2-4 years, because I think it's easier to keep my self sane when the youngest is out of diapers and more independent. 
    Get to the hospital as soon as the contraction starts no matter how many minutes apart they are. My labors are getting shorter and shorter and I sure do not want to deliver in the car on the way to the hospital.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    two
    nope. We decided if we change our minds later and want another that we will look into fostering or adoption. 
    DS and DD are 21 months apart, and she was a surprise so no choosing was involved. Had we chosen, they would've been around 3 years apart. It would have been nice to have one potty trained, and have the ability to explain things to the older one & have them understand some things. However I've found lots of positives to our timing- they both nap for example. 
    no. This was my third pregnancy and I definitely felt like I knew my way around this time. 

• 1. How many kids do you have now? Two

2. Do you want any more? How many? No

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? There is four and a half years between our two kids. We probably wouldn't of waited as long but our first born had health problems from 16 months of age to about 3.5 years of age that took up alot of time and energy and we couldn't even think of adding to our family at that time. Now that our daughter is here we are super happy with the spacing of 4.5 years as our oldest is somewhat independent and goes to school 3 days a week. Plus there is no jealously.

4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? If I were to get pregnant again I would try to be in better shape before and during as I noticed a distinct difference between the two pregnancies. With the second I was about 25lbs heavier and not working out regularly as I was recovering from an injury. However, I know I did the best I could with the situation I was in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    2 girls

possibly one or two. Leaning more towards one. 

Currently the girls are more then 3 1/2 years apart. There are good and bad things with the gap. But that much time isn't an option if we have another. We would probably have to start trying next year when this lo turns 1. Having 2 in diapers makes me nervous though! 

because my dd was 'older', she was pretty self sufficient so she was able to entertain herself when I felt sick (which was always). A one year old would not be able to do that so my whole attitude and how I handle things would have to change. 
  • 1. How many kids do you have now? This is our first LO!

2. Do you want any more? How many? Yes!  I want to have 3 kids, DH wants 3, so we'll see.  It's not that he doesn't want 3, but he's very financially conservative so he's concerned about the cost of raising 3.  I grew up with one younger brother and was always jealous of bigger families so I really hope it works out to have more than 2!

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? We'll probably start trying after LO turns 1.  I think 2 years apart is ideal.  Both DH and I were 3 years apart from our siblings and I think the age difference was a bit much.

4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? Hopefully I'll feel less anxious next time, but I'll definitely make decreasing my anxiety a priority from the start next time.  Also, I ended up having an unexpected c section this time and since it was due to LOs head being too large for my pelvis, I will have to have planned c sections in the future, so that will be really different.  No waiting around and extra week for baby to come and no 26 hour labor!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• 1. How many kids do you have now? 4
    2. Do you want any more? How many? we are officially done.
    3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? My kids are 22yro, 15 yro, 13 yro, and 5 weeks old. I got pregnant in high school with my first. Then I was a surrogate 3 yrs ago which triggered wanting this baby.
    4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? Nope
  • par_mach_kaipar_mach_kai member
    edited November 2016
    1. How many kids do you have now?
    - one

-Definitely want another one, possibly a third but I don't think I would ever be able to get DH on board

Still not sure yet, but maybe when this LO is at least 18 months old. I want to breastfeed for a year and that would give me at least 6 months of having my body all to myself. The WHO says at least 2 years but not more than 5 years is ideal.

As I mentioned above, I spent a lot of my pregnancy not happy with all the changes when I expected to love every minute of it. I was also very busy, working a second job and going to school as well- which I think contributed to a lot of my negative feelings. If/when I get pregnant again (if I am able to plan it), I will definitely not commit to having "extra" things in my life so that I can enjoy it more. Of course, I will always have LO now with me :)

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• 1. How many kids do you have now? Just this one cutie pie

2. Do you want any more? How many? At least 1 more (would love to have a little baby boy), if i find that we are financially stable in the future then i wouldn't mind having 2 more kids. My mom and both my aunt and uncle have 3 kids so that would seem ideal to me.

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? In my perfect world i would like to try for another one when baby girl is around 3 yrs old. i think it would be much easier since she will most likely be in school by then. 

4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? I would definitely exercise next go round, and try to relax more.  This is our rainbow baby so i was always mentally freaking out, even during labor!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How many kids do you have now?-Just this new one
    2. Do you want any more? How many?-We definitely want one more and that will probably be it due to our age and careers.
    3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing?-Planning to start trying again when this LO is about 18 months old, so they'll be a little over 2 years apart if I get pregnant as quickly as I did this time around.  I think two years apart is a good gap, and also I'll be almost done with my master's degree at that point.  I really don't want to try and have a toddler and newborn while still in school.
    4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy?- Try to exercise a little bit more during pregnancy.  Also I'll go to the hospital earlier in labor as I progressed super fast with this one and I suspect it will be even faster the second time around!
    Me: 35 DH: 39
    Married: 10/11/15
    Baby girl Addie born 10/12/16 <3:)<3

• 1. How many kids do you have now? Just this one. 

2. Do you want any more? How many? I thought I would want one more but man, this is kicking my ass. I'm not sure I could do it again, and I had an easy pregnancy and delivery! It will also depend on what job I have next because right now this little baby is pretty expensive (plus I want to make sure we would be able to devote as much money to a second child's college savings as we are for Ellen right now).  

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? I wouldn't try again for at least another year and that will put me at 35-36 for that pregnancy so it's possible I could have some issues that I didn't this time. 

4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? I'd try to eat better.  I gave in to my cravings a lot.  My workouts were good but I still gained more weight than I would like.  I'd also ban google from my computer. 
  • 1. Just the one!
    2. We've always said 2, but recently I've been thinking about 3 total. It depends on how things go adding the second. 
    3. The next one will have to be in at least 3 years, because H needs to finish school and get a new job so we can buy a new house before the next one. 
    4. I would try to eat a little better. I pretty much stopped cooking dinner around 4 months, and still haven't gotten back in the swing of it. Way too much fast food! 
    Four! 

Nooooo. Well, sometimes I look at LO and think that I MIGHT want another one. But then the other three will do something that makes me want to rip out my own uterus. :D

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? DD1 and DS are 22months apart, DS and DD2 are 20 months apart and DD2 and DD3 are 27 months apart. I think I prefer the larger age gap. DD2 is much more independent than DD1 and DS were when the others were born.

Nope. All my pregnancies have been "by the book" so to speak.

Baby 1 - 10/2010 | Baby 2 - 8/2012 | Baby 3 - 6/2014 | Baby 4 - EDD 8/2016 - MC 12-27-2015 | Baby 5 - : 9/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    3 step children and 1 biological. All.4 are my babies. 

yes and no. Maybe 1 more, buy it would have to be under certain circumstances. 

Despite me missing being pregnant now, 15 months would be ideal. My brother and I are 15 months apart. 

Aside from wishing our finances were a little better(who doesn't), i can't think of anything I'd change. 
  • 1. How many kids do you have now?  One, this was my first.

2. Do you want any more? How many? Yes, we've discussed two. I very strongly only wanted two because of population growth(inb4flame) but now I second guess it because I absolutely loved being pregnant and I love my little pumpkin despite being ready to rip my hair out from tiredness.

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? 2-3 years for spacing but in honestly this first baby was a surprise and we'll probably try to wait until we are better off financially for number two. We are making everything work for number one but we definitely couldv'e been more prepared. 

4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? Ask me this again in a couple years ;)

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • 1. I have 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy.
    2. I would've loved one more but can't cause I've had 3 c sections and Doctor said it would be best to be done. I had my tubes taken out.
    3. I had 17 months apart my first two. That was too close for some reasons but after I made it through the hard stage it was easy. i have over 2 years this time and it's been much easier cause both girls understand and are at the age they are more independent and easier to entertain while I'm busy with baby. 
    4. No I didn't do anything I regret. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml