February 2017 Moms

Spooky Symptoms Thread-10/31/16

Re: Spooky Symptoms Thread-10/31/16

• @imalwaysme79 To me, it feels like she's chewing bubble gum and blowing big bubbles and then popping them :)
  • lfrank12 said:
    She seems to be hanging out pretty low for me. All the kicks have been at belly button or below.

ETA: I also have an anterior placenta so that may be why I'm feeling all the kicks lower
    I have an anterior placenta too, I'm wondering if maybe that's why I don't think I've felt anything. Anything that I *think* I have felt have been even lower than that. Almost where your belly meets your pubic area. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @imalwaysme79 I also haven't felt "butterflies" like I heard it would be. It's definitely more of a thump or pressure from the inside. It feels different from gas but is hard to describe. 

@ColeBug89 I am also having trouble staying asleep. I can fall asleep easily but I wake up several times throughout the night now when I used to be a really heavy sleeper. Lately I haven't even needed to pee it's just I wake up and my hip hurts and then I roll over and an hour or so later something else wakes me up. That repeats until finally I wake up around 4:30am and there's just no going back to sleep so I read until my 5:30am alarm. Then I'm exhausted by 8pm and fall asleep right away and the cycle continues!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• lfrank12 said:
    She seems to be hanging out pretty low for me. All the kicks have been at belly button or below.

ETA: I also have an anterior placenta so that may be why I'm feeling all the kicks lower
    I have an anterior placenta too, I'm wondering if maybe that's why I don't think I've felt anything. Anything that I *think* I have felt have been even lower than that. Almost where your belly meets your pubic area. 
    anterior placenta here too. Like winchestergirl I think it feels like someone flicking me from the inside. Mine all feel lower but I'm starting to recognize some of the higher ones.
  • @imalwaysme79 the first few weeks of kicks were super low for me too; right behind my pubic bone. (Still his favorite spot, I don't invite people to feel him kick often because it would involve putting a hand on my underwear, lol.)  At first it was like someone was just barely pushing their finger against me. He didn't kick me anywhere but there for probably two weeks.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @imalwaysme79 FTM and anterior placenta here. All of the first kicks I felt were suuuper low like that, too. (Now they're much higher, and strong enough to see and feel from the outside!) Mine felt much more like little pokes than bubbles or flutters. I am willing to bet that if you are feeling a similar sensation over the span of multiple days, it's the baby, not gas! I finally realized I was feeling the baby when I noticed I had felt the same little pokey feeling right around 9 or 10 at night for three nights in a row. My gas rumbles have never felt distinctly the same, in the exact same area, multiple days in a row, you know? Hang in there--I'm betting they're going to get a lot more distinct really soon!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Best of luck to you @AfKash! My bile function came back normal, but since I'm still itching and having misc other symptoms, we may retest again in a week or two. 
  • Yowza! I've missed a lot, today.  

Thank you,  @momousekee! I just got my results back today,  too. Biles came back normal for me,  too. that's a good idea to check them again in a couple weeks.  Unfortunately,  I did not ppass my 3 hour glucose challenge.  While it was very mild,  I have to go see MFM, now.  I'm embarrassed that I have this. Makes me feel like I eat too much or something. .

When I first started feeling the baby move,  I only felt the thumps. But NOW,  I feel the bubbles and flutters all the time along with the thumps and bumps. I also can "hear" the thump in my head when she kicks me. Lol. Its weird. 

• @AfKash Glad to hear your test came back normal, but sorry about the glucose test. I imagine it's tough, but try to keep in mind that it's nothing you did wrong, just the way your body is reacting to pregnancy. I've had massive anxiety about getting GD because my mom is type 2 diabetic, so I keep thinking of that as I wait to take my test!
  • Sorry to hear about the glucose test, @Afkash. But don't feel bad or embarrassed! It truly has nothing to do with what you eat--it just happens sometimes. Hope your visit with MFM goes well and makes you feel better!
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • @AfKash I think south asians have the highest rate of GD. It just wasn't in the cards. 
  • Thank you,  ladies! 
    @PerraSucia you're absolutely right that we do.  It just sucks now cuz I need to really watch my diet. ...and I have such a sweet tooth. Boo. 

• What are you ladies using for your skin care routine? I typically where no make-up, *sometimes* I will slap on BB cream, but rarely. I am so paranoid about picking a wash. I typically use St. Ive's apricot scrub, but it has salicylic acid in it (?) and that apparently is a no-no (?). I have a red mask on my cheeks and I am becoming more and more self conscious about it.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• srscott3srscott3 member
    edited November 2016
    @peachesnbean My Ob said it was fine to keep using my neutrogena face wash with salicylic acid (regular orange bottle). It's the pills for acne that shouldn't be taken during pregnancy. But that was just my doc, not sure what yours would say. Also, I still wear my normal makeup (lancome). Look good, feel good, play good :wink:

Also, I have a benzoyl peroxide one in the shower that she said is fine too. I just use it sparingly because it dries out my skin too much

• Spicyweiner Spicyweiner member
    edited November 2016
    AfKash said:
    I also can "hear" the thump in my head when she kicks me. Lol. Its weird. 
    Wait... what??
  • Thanks @srscott3 I was surprised to find the St. Ive's on the no-list! I bet its fine! I just read that the red mask could be related to my anemia. Sigh. So as if the bags under my eyes aren't enough... Let's add  an unbecoming rosey complexion! 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• @peachesnbean booooo anemia :( Not sure if you have an ULTA near where you live, but they sell a makeup line called IT Cosmetics. Which I absolutely love. There's a product called bye bye redness that is amazing. and one that I use every day called bye bye under eye. Also their CC cream has some really good coverage but feels very light. A little goes a long way :)
  • @peachesnbean - I don't wear face makeup (only eyes and lips), but I use Neutrogena makeup remover wipes and Dermalogica Special Cleanser as my daily face wash.  
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• What are you ladies using for your skin care routine? I typically where no make-up, *sometimes* I will slap on BB cream, but rarely. I am so paranoid about picking a wash. I typically use St. Ive's apricot scrub, but it has salicylic acid in it (?) and that apparently is a no-no (?). I have a red mask on my cheeks and I am becoming more and more self conscious about it.
    I have super sensitive skin so I use Bare Minerals face wash but a cheaper option that is just as good is Cetaphil-- safe for babies too! I have ccombinatio skin and it keeps me hydrated and clean.

I don't use much makeup but I've been using Bare Minerals there too -- it gives great coverage and lasts forever.
  • AfKash said:
    Wait... what??
    In my head. ... I imagine a thump sound whenever she kicks me.  

• @peachesnbean my OB said no to anything and everything with salicylic acid in it as well as benzoyl peroxide. which sucks because all of my face washes have that in them. I got Cetaphil cleanser, Simple (brand) scrub, and Cetaphil moisturizer. They seem to be doing what they need to - I was worried because I battled awul cystic acne for so long but everything seems fine! I also use my regular foundation and concealer when I need to and was told that was okay.
  • @peachesnbean have you used the the st. ives apricot scrub for long?  It is very very harsh on skin and I think using it as a regular cleanser is too much, and is probably what is giving your skin its redness.  I would get a very gentle non scrubbing/non foaming cleanser for regular use and only use a scrub once every week or two.  I have very fair sensitive skin that can turn ruddy if I don't use the right products so I have to be careful about too much irritation as well.  I would also invest in a great moisturizer/night cream for this time of year.  I use Epionce and Eminence on my face and Kiehls on my body, as well as some other products here and there that my dermatologist and esthetician recommend.  I'm also strung out on pure shea butter and sweet almond oil for the belly/breasts right now.
  • AfKash said:
    Wait... what??
    In my head. ... I imagine a thubmp sound whenever she kicks me.  

• @MissMerciBeaucoup I use sweet almond oil too!  
  • @perrasucia it's nice isn't it?  I'm trying to ward off stretchmarks - and I know that if I'm going to get them, it probably won't matter what I put on my skin.  But at least I feel like I'm doing something to help, and it helps with itchiness!  None yet - fingers crossed!
  • I've been using Nivea in shower lotion after perra recommended using one ( I got a cheap version haha) with almond oil and I really like it. 

• @MissMerciBeaucoup I've used the St. Ive's for a while. I typically only use it on my cheeks and because thats where I break out. Maybe my skin is just super sensitive in pregnancy to it? I use an all natural night moisturizer too. Hmm.

• Is anyone feeling a lot of pressure? Maybe just from the baby being low? I swear I didn't feel ANY of this until after 30 weeks last time. I'm on my feet all day teaching and I'm really noticing it.
  • edited November 2016
    @peachesnbean My OB is also totally fine with salicylic acid in my face wash (I use Neutrogena oil-free acne wash, which has 2% salicylic acid). The amount you could possibly absorb through your skin during a normal face wash is basically nil. She is largely of the opinion that as long as it's not prescription, it's fine. My OB is pretty chill overall, though, and thinks many common "no no's" for pregnant ladies are based more on fear than science, so take that as you will! Your doc might feel differently.
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • @peachesnbean for redness or any dryness, try finding a straight Vitamin E creme. It works wonders for your skin! It can be thick, so I usually only wear it at night as a hydrating creme or alone without makeup. My favorite is Derma E Vitamin E 12,000 IU Creme (found at any vitamin cottage, GNC, etc. and sometimes at CVS, Walgreens or a regular grocery store). Its a white and blue/purple container.

For acne, if anyone is concerned about Salicylic Acid and wants to nix it, I've read that Sulfur acne treatment is actually safe for pregnancy. PeterThomasRoth has a Therapeutic Sulfur Masque that has worked wonders as a full face mask or just occasional spot treatment for acne. Ive had the container for 2 years now and it's still going strong! You can find it online or in stores at Sephora. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Man you guys stretch marks are genetic you're either going to get them or not and it doesn't really matter what you do. Some people are just more elasticy. 
    I can confirm this sad news. My dad is a dermatologist, so right from his mouth. And he's been practicing for 40 years, so I believe him :) He said the lotion might help with itching, but that's it.  He does recommend people use retin-a after you deliver, but it's a no no while pregnant. He said it helps with the redness and fades them faster. Not sure if it's okay while BF though, I should probably ask! 
  • Man you guys stretch marks are genetic you're either going to get them or not and it doesn't really matter what you do. Some people are just more elasticy. 
    I can confirm this sad news. My dad is a dermatologist, so right from his mouth. And he's been practicing for 40 years, so I believe him :) He said the lotion might help with itching, but that's it.  He does recommend people use retin-a after you deliver, but it's a no no while pregnant. He said it helps with the redness and fades them faster. Not sure if it's okay while BF though, I should probably ask! 
    Yes,  could you please ask and get back to us about the breastfeeding?! Thank you so much in advance!