Monday ticker change HALLOWEEN!

nwshaynwshay member
edited October 2016 in April 2017 Moms
How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: Do you love Halloween? Hate it? What was your best costume?

Edited because of auto correct

Re: Monday ticker change HALLOWEEN!

• Loading the player...
  • @SDSwenson hope you feel better soon.  My DR said that food poisoning was dangerous for pregnant mamas so be careful and call the doc if it gets worse! w
  • 18 weeks. 

Artichoke or sweet potato. 

No. 

Heartburn. A verifiable baby bump! The start of a linea negra (mine is from my belly button down). Increased 2nd trimester energy - I've been working out the last few weeks! 

@Missa0830 I was told that any one of the 4 doctors in the practice, depending on who is on call, could deliver if it's after hours.

Rave: increased energy. 

GTKY: Eh. I haven't dressed up in about 20 years. I am sure I'll care once we have children. I am hoping to have some trick- or- treaters tonight. 

• How far along are you? 15 Weeks!

How big is baby? Box of Crayons

Appointments this week? Not until next Tuesday :(

Symptoms? RLP is starting to kill me.  It has been waking me up at night and today for the first time ever the right side of my pelvic region felt sore all day, like I really hurt my muscle.  I'm not worried because it doesn't feel like cramps just a pulled muscle.  I just don't know what to do to help it.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just annoyed about the RLP.  Wish it was next week so I could talk to my doctor about it.  

GTKY: Do you love Halloween? Hate it? What was your best costume?  I love watching the little kids dress up and hate watching teenagers dress like a "hobo" with a crappy shirt or throw a mask on just to get candy.  

• dlynn484dlynn484 member
    edited November 2016
    16 weeks!

An avacado

Our gender ultrasound is Wednesday! I have an appointment with my doctor on Friday. I'm hoping we will actually hear the heartbeat this time!

Nausea is subsiding (yay!)! Still not sleeping great, crazy dreams when I do sleep, amongst other symptoms that I can't remember right now.

I decided to announce on Facebook today. Now that I have, I'm so nervous things will go wrong. I decided at this point, if something does go wrong, we would probably be vocal about it. 

I love Halloween. I love this time of year.
  • @boone484 yay! We both find out gender on Wednesday. If babies cooperate. I know how you feel about sharing. Since I shared I've struggled with fearing things will go wrong and with people being more excited for me than I'm prepared to be. Hoping you get lots of support!
  • How far along are you? 
    18 weeks

How big is baby? 
    an artichoke

Appointments this week? 
    no, 2 next week - anatomy scan with gender!!!!  and regular every 2 week appointment

Symptoms?
    hmmm...I've been questioning whether it is sciatica pain or something else.  Its literaly just a sharp pain in my right buttcheek lol..when I walk, and not always every step but often.  It may go away for a day or two then its back.  A friend said baby may be sitting on a nerve.  I'm gonna ask next week.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Rant: a little annoyed with some miscommunication with the front ladies at my OB office, hopefully it will all be sorted tomorrow.
    Rave: I think the nausea has finally passed, I feel like I have a tad bit more energy (not napping daily anymore lol) and DH and I got our crib :)

GTKY: Do you love Halloween? Hate it? What was your best costume?
    ehh, not my fave...we aren't party people so we don't dress up.  I do dress as a cat every year at school for our Storybook Character Parade.  I'm partially not a fan because the day after Halloween means CRAZY students. I also can't handle scary movies, Halloween Horror Nights, etc.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm having the same lower right pain @nolegirl1185 it gets really bad sometimes! I don't know what to do to make it better.

@Thecavfamily I was weirdly excited about that line showing up!  probably because I'm not showing yet and no other symptoms!

@Missa0830 I think it's very common. most group practices you just get who ever is on call.
  • @SDSwenson I thought mine was only evident because of the stretched skin on my lower belly, but a few friends told me they never got the line or did, but post-partum. I, too, was weirdly excited for the linea negra,  heartburn,  and every other sign/symptom that this pregnancy is progressing. 
  • 1. 16w1d.

2. Avocado.

3. None.

4. Still exhausted but nausea appears to finally be chilling out! Hallelujah!

5. I'm finally out at work so that is kind of nice.

6. I super love Halloween! My girls do, too. Last year DH and I were Mr and Mrs Incredible. So fun!

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.

• @Missa0830, super common. Practices typically have one dr on shift at the hospital for births at a time. I felt worried about it with DD1 and got the only dr I hoped not to get. He was awesome to deliver with though! I never would have thought he would be. The second time I knew it would be fine regardless and ended up with the I ly dr from the practice I had never met. I was perfectly fine. The dr really isn't in the room barely at all until baby is crowning. The nurse is the main person in there unless you have a doula. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @HGRich  What time is your appointment today? Mine isn't until 3:00 cst. This day is going to drag on!

@SDSwenson I hope you are feeling better!!

@Missa0830 There are two doctors at my office. They typically alternate weekends being on call. My doctor occasionally goes on mission trips and the other doctor will cover for him. I'm hoping he won't have anything going on next April. 

• @boone484 mine is 3:30 CST. It really is going to drag. I'm so anxious I called to confirm it ten minutes ago. Hahaha. I can't believe I'm one of those people. 

• I hope you had a great appointment! @HGRich

DS is very excited!
  • @boone484 yay! Congrats! 

For us the old wives proved their merit: 

• Congratulations!!! @HGRich