April 2017 Moms

Facebook group?

2»

Re: Facebook group?

• I'd be more than willing to start a FB group. I am a regular poster so maybe more people would recognize me? I don't mind friending ppl so I can add them to a Secret group then unfriending. I would be willing to admin it until we get rolling. However I'd prefer to do this as the last of us reach 20 weeks, so about a month from now. Early December ish? As people feel more comfortable they can join. I would suggest we cut off joining early in March as you want people you know before the nitty gritty gets going. 

My J13 FB group has been lifesaving for me and we have become an extremely tight night group. Our actual bump board died a few months after los were born which can naturally happen 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • allybadry said:

IMO, the facebook group should be left until we are much further along and have a steady and stable group of regular contributors. 
    This makes me a little sad because I don't get on here more than once every week or so.  Facebook is so much more user-friendly for me on my phone.  Also, since I don't log in much, I don't post much, and even when I do I'm sure it's amidst others who are "regulars" and I just kinda skip in for a second and then I'm gone for a week again.
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• edited November 2016
    This is my third BMB so I will attest to the list of active members being vastly different 12 weeks post birth. The regs join a facebook group while still pregnant, then the lurkers start posting on TB and eventually they start a facebook group, and somewhere along the lines TB implodes with mass bannings and censorship and an exodus to an off-site occurs.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• allybadry said:

IMO, the facebook group should be left until we are much further along and have a steady and stable group of regular contributors. 
    This makes me a little sad because I don't get on here more than once every week or so.  Facebook is so much more user-friendly for me on my phone.  Also, since I don't log in much, I don't post much, and even when I do I'm sure it's amidst others who are "regulars" and I just kinda skip in for a second and then I'm gone for a week again.
    I know who you are @Tinkerbell413!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • I want a FB group for support NOW in addition to after the babes are born.  This board is super slow and I feel like a fb group would be more active. People will drop in and out regardless of when it's started.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I was wondering this too! I don't think it's too early for a FB group and I would join one now. 
  • edited November 2016
    I would love to join an April group on FB.

There are closed groups and secret groups too. The secret is so it can't be found in a search I believe or perhaps just 0 info is given in a search.
    i have a local mom's group that is always switching between the 2 depending on the size of the group.
  • I actually have a second facebook account I had to create for my information technology class that we could use as the "adding people" profile.  Then you guys can just unfriend me after I added you to the group.  My real name is really really generic, so I'm not really worried about being stalked or anything.
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019