October 2015 Moms
Options

Stabby Saturday Anyone?

I know its been super dead in here but this is really my only place to vent so I'm making this out of my own necessity and invite anyone and everyone to join in.

Re: Stabby Saturday Anyone?

• Options
    So we live near exH family. Him, his wife, kids, parents, brother, everyone. I used to have a great relationship with his SIL but she ruined that a couple years ago with some low blows. Now because I deal with them with my children and because I am a super nice person who hates to be mean, I see the ex-IL's periodically in passing or at a function. For Damien's party we kept it pretty low key with my SO's family, my family and a few close friends invited. All in all I think we had maybe 30 people kids included here (an incredibly low number with how large my family is). Ex-H and his wife gave us a present for Damien when we picked up my two oldest. Naturally when I did the Thank You's for his party I made and gave them one. We did one with a picture from walmart with a short little note saying thanking you celebrating my day basically. Fast forward to yesterday Ex-IL wanted to do a pumpkin patch with all the grandkids. In doing so they always include my step boys and Damien as their own, which we appreciate so much and we love! We had a great time at their house doing them and what not. While we were there we gave the thank you to Ex-H and his wife. Later i get a text from Ex-SIL saying how she's genuinely hurt that I invited my ex and his wife to the party but not her and her family. I was like WTF?!?! I explained as nicely as I Could in my now ragey state that I did not invite them but they gave us a gift so they got the same thank you that everyone from the party got because I felt that it was most appropriate. And that we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings which is why we kept the party to a minimal and didn't invite any of that family. I'm so frustrated. She said Oh, and that was it to my response back but now I'm just annoyed, frustrated, and mad. Like I'm doing the best I can to keep a line between ex and new family, and make everyone happy at the same time. I am just over it.

Of course this all happens as I'm starting my period so my normal emotional self is even more emotional which means I'm a little irrational but I'm trying so hard to keep myself calm. I'm just over peoples crap!
  • Options
    My in laws picked up the smash cake for the party yesterday. We picked the design, ordered and paid for it. They just needed to bring it to the party. They took it upon themselves to make the bakery add a number one to the front. Not a HUGE deal but I still wanted to punch someone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Melissa9481 I don't blame you!! I'd be furious! It isn't a "huge" deal but you ordered it how you wanted. They don't get to choose that
  • Options
    Navigating family is the hardest part of being a parent so far. Especially in laws. I've pretty much decided as long as my little family is good, that's enough.