April 2017 Moms

DR appointments week of 10/31

any one going on Halloween this week?  Going to wear a costume or just go in regular clothes?

any one else have appointments for the first week of NOVEMBER! (seems crazy it's already here)

Re: DR appointments week of 10/31

• Taylor72Taylor72 member
    edited October 2016
    I have an appointment tomorrow, I will not be dressing up, but I am super anxious about it.  C'mon 930!

ETA - update after the appointment.  Baby girl's HB was 149.  Dr wanted to do a bonus sono since they told me last time I had placenta previa.  I've still had some bleeding so, not shocking at all, the placenta is still covering the cervix.  good news is baby is okay and she is going to let me keep working which was a worry for a while.  There was a new sono lady today and she didn't know how to print the pictures so I didn't get any take home photos for DH. UGH. oh well.  Next appointment on Nov 28th is the AS
  • I have an appt tomorrow. It will just be weight, bp, pee in a cup and doppler.  I might wear my pumpkin shirt. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Having the anatomy ultrasound on Tuesday. We are team green but I'm still stocked to see how much baby has grown. 
  • @Taylor72 @andrea0418  good luck at the appointments!!

@dax28  good luck and let us know how it goes.  and dont worry about some "limited results" (I got spine and heart limited and freaked out", it just means they cannot fully see, but nothing indicates a problem, if something did, they would keep checking! 

@HGRich woohoo please let us know when you feel like it.  Do you have names in your mind yet?  

I have one appointment on Friday, vaginal ultrasound (eeeek yuck yuck) to measure my cervix.  I am irrationally afraid of incompetent cervix (even though I have no risk factors) and my obgyn will measure it just in case.  Hope I don't need to be stitched up, please wish me luck.... Also since it's an US, I might be able to sneak in a bit of a proper look around to see my baby boy again!

In other news, my husband sold his old car in order to buy a "family" car.  Family car in his interpretation is a maserati ghibli. *rolls eyes*.  We are picking it up today (looks gorgeous by the photos and videos), and I can't help but think that this is the car I will be sitting on my way to the hospital, probably already in labour - so kind of freaking me out to pick it up, but in a good way.. not sure if this makes sense.  

Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • Finally have my 2nd appointment today. Just a regular urine, weight, BP, Doppler check.
  • @smallanimal yes--I have two favorite names I've had in mind for years. One girl, one boy. But DH isn't sold on them and they're a little too popular for my taste. Even though they're family names and meaningful. Ugh. We'll talk about it after we find out I guess!
  • dlynn484dlynn484 member
    edited October 2016
    We have a gender ultrasound on Wednesday! I will have an appointment with my doctor on Friday. Hopefully we will hear baby on the doppler this time. His doppler was not working last time. 

Edited because half of my post was eaten. 
  • I have my appointment on Tuesday morning. Just a normal appointment with my midwives. So, we will have a decent amount of time to just talk. It is a goldmine of answered questions and tips for a new doula, like myself. I am going to be asking about the intense leg/hip/groin pain I am dealing with and if there is anything I can do for that. I will also be asking about my depression that has flared up and what I might be able to do about that. Also, I want to clarify a couple of hospital policies that I am not sure about. (for myself as well as clients who also give birth at that hospital) My next appointment will be at 20 weeks, the same week as my anatomy scan. So, I want to know if it matters that we meet before or after the ultrasound. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just returned from the anatomy scan. Everything is looking good but the wiggly baby wouldn't roll over so couldn't get a clear picture of the face. Also kept legs tightly closed the whole time, so we are still team green for now. 
  • @jdupree15 Dumb FTM question: When they can't determine sex at anatomy scan, do they schedule another one to confirm?  We're dying to know boy/girl and I'd be so bummed if they couldn't determine and we had to wait for the next u/s... whenever that is!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @schef070911 They typically will reschedule for a couple days later. But they try to do everything they can during your visit the first time. Have you drink water, eat a piece of candy, go for a walk, etc. Something that may get baby moving into a different position.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • jdupree15jdupree15 member
    edited October 2016
    @schef070911 pretty much what @KirstinH88 said... They also weren't able to get a view of the baby's face so they definitely want to do another one. Just waiting to talk to my OB to reschedule. 

Also a little bummed that we weren't able to find out today... but excited that we'll get another ultrasound... so nice to see the little one wiggling around in there. 
  • With my anatomy scan with ds he had his legs closed and we couldn't see anything. They got all the other measurements so they wouldn't schedule a follow up just to determine sex. I had to go to an elective place  to find out. 
  • Finally had my 16 week appointment today.  Nothing special, just weight, Doppler, and scheduled my anatomy scan for the end of the month.  Excited to see our little baby!
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my anatomy scan today. It was a disappointment. I thought they'd walk me through things, and point things out, but they didn't. A student did the first 45-60 minutes of the scan, then her supervisor came in and did some more scanning for 20 minutes or so. The student said almost nothing the whole time. She might have said nothing at all had I not said "Is that her heartbeat?" to which she said, "Uh yeah it is" and then told me it was 148 and perfectly normal. Baby was not being entirely cooperative so they had me use the bathroom in the middle to see if she would turn so the tech could get a different view of her heart. When the doctor came in, he showed me her mouth and her teeth (still stuck in her gums, of course). 

I almost felt bad for making DH come because it was so boring, and it took almost 2 hours. They gave me a 3-d printout, which I don't like because 3-d ultrasounds of fetuses this young look like aliens. 

So it's great that the baby is healthy and looks fine, but I thought it would be more interesting for me and DH.
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @catem07 what a bummer! I'm sorry you had an uncommunicative student doing it. Takes all the fun out of it. 
  • Had an appointment this morning. Took the dr a few minutes but found the heartbeat and it was in the 140s and everything looks good so far! Have to go this week for the maternal serum screening blood work and have another appointment scheduled with my gp if I don't hear from my ob before that appointment. If I do hear from them before then I will cancel and continue with my OB for the rest of the pregnancy 
  • I had my appt today. LO was dodging the doppler so Dr. couldn't catch the heartbeat, just the baby's kicks haha. He said he felt like he was playing marco polo with it. So he went and got the ultrasound because he wanted to hear the heartbeat, I was glad to see the little nugget wiggling around in there. He said the baby was clever and sneaky because most babies at 16w are horizontal but mine was head down so he was looking in the wrong spots with the doppler. This baby does seem to have a bit of attitude, especially with my OB bc baby does not cooperate for him at all lol! And we get to find out what we're having in a little over a week, so excited! 

@catem07 that sounds like the longest scan ever, especially if they're not talking at all! I think my one for DS was only about 30-45min and some of that was from concerns with his clenched hands (ended up being fine when he was born). Maybe it took so long because of the student and then the supervisor needed to double check their pictures? I'm glad your LO is going great, but sorry it was so long and not very interactive for you both!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • Had my appointment yesterday.  It was an internal ultrasound to measure cervix length.  All results came back perfect, so very relieved and happy.  Managed to get a sneak peak at the baby too. Only saw the top of his head and one little hand moving, but quickly checked the heartbeat too :smile:
    Doctor said all my results were fine and that my uterus was growing nicely.  Cannot wait for my 20 week anomaly scan!!!  3 weeks more.. I may do a private scan prior. 
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)