December 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 10.31

How many weeks?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/raves/questions?

Symptoms/cravings/aversions?

GTKY: What is your favorite candy? Have your favorites changed during this pregnancy?

Me:27   H:30
Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
Trying to conceive since 01.2014
Low AFC and azoospermia
IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Monday Ticker Change 10.31

• Options
    cayaylonglegscayaylonglegs member
    edited October 2016

How many weeks?
    35! 5 weeks left holy cow.

What size is baby?
    Pineapple, bunch of carrots, BUNNY!

Upcoming appointments?
    Next Monday

Rants/raves/questions?
    I had my baby shower yesterday. It was lovely despite the fact that I have been sick all week. My family stuck mostly to the registry which surprised me. Although they didnt mark off what they got and now I have 4 mirrors and 3 play mats. 
    Rant: Fedex keeps delivering our stuff to an address a street over. This has happened at least 3 times since Christmas. Thank goodness that the people who live there are honest and bring over the packages.

Not so much a symptom but I am sick. I thought Inwas getting better but I definitely overdid it yesterday and today I have lots I need to get done. 
    Craving: soups and orange juice 
    Aversions: anything strongly scented

GTKY: What is your favorite candy? Have your favorites changed during this pregnancy?
    I am generally a fan of all candy but this pregnancy I have craved butterfingers!

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks? : 33 weeks. Crazy.

What size is baby? Savoy cabbage, bunch of celery, a ferret

Upcoming appointments? BP checkup on Thursday.

Rants/raves/questions? Patting myself on the back a little because I'm 2 presents away from being done with Christmas shopping yus.

Symptoms/cravings/aversions? Mini donuts are a thing for me lately. Still having aversions to pan chicken. :/

Uhhh almost all candy is my favorite haha. First trimester I didn't really want sweets but now? pfffttt
  • Options
    How many weeks? 34 weeks... although I realized that on my calendar at work, I skipped this week in counting since 24/31 were combined so I had to adjust the remaining weeks. I was confused, ha. #Monday

What size is baby? muskmelon, cantaloupe, butternut squash, savoy cabbage (thought this was already done), quokka (looks like a chipmunk), basketball hoop, length of baguette bread (must be short)

Upcoming appointments? Appointment tomorrow afternoon, probably just a quick check-up unless my OB has any big concerns.

Rants/raves/questions?
    Rants: Not loving my double chin, but whatever. Just another month and some and then hopefully that will work it's way back to normal. I have embraced my larger thighs and legs, ha.

Raves: We finally ordered our new leather recliner for our upstairs living room on Saturday, and it will be here tomorrow! I also put most of the smaller baby stuff away that I have gotten from my 2 showers, and separated the stuff that will need to be washed before putting away. And by put away, I mean it's at least in the babies room. I still need to organize, but have a lot of days off coming up to do that.

Question: When do you schedule the peds appointments after they're born? I plan on bringing him to my general practitioner doctor, as she is a family doctor and said she'd easily take him in as a new patient whenever he arrives.

Symptoms: The usual swelling of my feet/ankles/hands/fingers/face. Other than that, I actually feel pretty good. Some back pain here and there, but nothing too terrible.

Cravings: None, which I haven't really had at all during this pregnancy.

Aversions: Still some chicken. If it's with something, great. But it's by itself (like a lone chicken breast, even with some topping), I just can't choke it down.

I love sweets; however, I can only have so much of anything sweet lately before it's too much - which is probably a good thing. Otherwise, I still love Kit Kats, Twix, 3 Musketeers, and the Halloween (and Christmas) Reese's PB cups (they're just better at the holidays in the shapes)

Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks?
    34 Weeks
    What size is baby?
    butternut squash, cantaloupe, pineapple. Whatever fruit is about 18 inches long and 5+ pounds. (Whaaaaat?)
    Upcoming appointments?
    This is my last week of no appointments
    Rants/raves/questions?
    In an attempt to stay positive.. I keep feeling my belly and looking down thinking of how much I am going to miss this when I'm not pregnant anymore. I love feeling so connected to this baby and the fact that I'm never alone.
    Sciatic nerve pain is so much better. I'm feeling like a whale and hate having to wear jeans every day.  The fluid that is retaining in my legs is annoying it feels like memory foam :\  I really need to pay better attention to when/what I'm eating on the weekends to avoid the acid reflex. 
    Reese's has and probably always be my favorite candy.  Who can go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter?
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks?
    34 weeks - 5 weeks to go! 36 days to be more precise

What size is baby?
    From @Kacie209muskmelon, cantaloupe, butternut squash, savoy cabbage (thought this was already done), quokka (looks like a chipmunk), basketball hoop, length of baguette bread (must be short)

Upcoming appointments?
    34wk appt tomorrow morning, not anticipating anything exciting.... shots/bloodwork is done, had an ultrasound last visit, RCS has been scheduled, nothing is going on. Prob just a quick in and out

Rants/raves/questions?

Reeses pb cups....mmmmm. No change there, have always loved them
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lurking

@LinziLoo09- I'm sorry you had such a rough weekend, yuck!

@Kacie209 - we were told that a pediatrician would see the baby daily while we were in the hospital and they would tell us when he needed to be seen once discharged.  I think usually it's within a week but could be recommended sooner if there are any medical concerns. 
  • Options
    How many weeks? 33 weeks

What size is baby?  Pineapple, Celery

Upcoming appointments?  Ultrasound Wednesday to check growth.  I'll be doing those weekly until he's born.  I get to see him a bunch. :)

Rants/raves/questions?  Nothing really...

Symptoms/cravings/aversions?  Sleep isn't going so well, lol.  I am waking up every two hours like clockwork. 

GTKY: What is your favorite candy? Have your favorites changed during this pregnancy?  Yum, candy. :)  I'll take anything sweet.  Recently I've been really wanting cake though.

• Options
    How many weeks? 33 weeks!

What size is baby? Celery??

Upcoming appointments? None this week! I get a growth ultrasound next week though cause I am measuring so much farther ahead. 

Rants/raves/questions? Had my baby shower yesterday. I specifically asked for no clothes and got just mostly clothes. Like some 5T outfits?? I know I should be grateful but I am actually more annoyed than anything. Why do a registry at all?

Also life is getting super busy. I find myself feeling defeated. 

GTKY: What is your favorite candy? Have your favorites changed during this pregnancy? Kit-Kat. And hasn't changed
  • Options
    How many weeks?
    35 weeks

What size is baby?
    Carton of one dozen eggs, Pineapple, Honeydew melon

Upcoming appointments?
    2x per week starting this week - an ultrasound and an NST every week because I'm old. 

Rants/raves/questions?
    My bp is borderline hypertensive, especially when I go in to the dr (they give me anxiety!) so my doctor is talking about inducing early because "something could go wrong" in the next 4 weeks.  Not a super big fan of that

Starting to move a little slow, especially when I first stand up!  Also I have lots of lovely skin growths (skin tags mostly).  Hot.

I really like mini peanut butter cups (not the big ones as much) and heath bars.  I'd say I'm less interested in sweets while pregnant though.
  • Options
    How many weeks?  34 weeks

What size is baby? Muskmelon ?! I need to educate myself better on all these different fruits & veggies

Upcoming appointments? I start my weekly appointments next monday :|

Rants/raves/questions? I had my work baby shower this weekend and it was great. I only have a few more things I have to get before the baby is here plus some of the stuff I need for my own after care. This may be TMI but STMs how long does the bleeding afterwards last for some?

Symptoms/cravings/aversions? Eh. Nothing out of the normal.

Snickers! and Almond Joy.

Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    How many weeks? 33

What size is baby? Celery 

Upcoming appointments? This Friday - just a check in! 

Rants/raves/questions? Husband and I ordered a rocker from Buy Buy baby that was supposed to be available about now - I check in on it and they tell me the manufacturer never received the order (sounds like their problem!) So my options are wait or get a temporary chair - and I don't feel like bothering with a temporary chair I just want my chair that I paid you $400 for, is that so hard? 

Symptoms/cravings/aversions? Not many issues so I am thankful - just running pretty hot these days and sweating more than usual - it would.l be nice to get some actually fall weather here in the south. 

GTKY: What is your favorite candy? Have your favorites changed during this pregnancy? Reese's PB cups or sour patch - haven't changed! 
  • Options
    How many weeks? 35! 

What size is baby?  Pineapple, says The Bump.

Upcoming appointments?  Nothing this week, had my 34 week checkup last Friday and baby was measuring about 5.1 lbs and 27th percentile. Not sure what that means, but doc wasn't worried, so way to go, baby! We also had our childbirthing class last week, which was really informative and helpful. I feel less scared of labor and delivery now.

Rants/raves/questions?  A rave is that I am happy to be pregnant on Halloween. I don't really love Halloween but it was fun dressing up this year, and it's extra special because it may be a once in a lifetime thing depending on if we have another baby and/or time of year when I'm pregnant. 

A rant is that my back friggin hurts.

Symptoms/cravings/aversions?  Besides the backache, I am finding it much more difficult to get around in general. No cravings or aversions though, so that's a plus. I'm trying not to eat everything in sight because I am about maxed out on where my docs wanted me to be with weight gain and I still have a couple weeks to go.

I have never been a big candy person... but I could definitely do some damage on the candy this year! I am trying not to eat a bunch, but we always buy what we like for Halloween in case there are leftovers. So we have Twix, Crunch, Butterfingers, Snickers... mmmmm...

• Options
    @choneycu What was the original estimate the rocker would come in? We ordered one last week, or the week before (I can't remember), and they said it would take 12 weeks. Hopefully they can get something rushed out to you. I can see us having the same problem, which is usually our luck that something crappy happens *fingers crossed*
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    For all those with registry woes, you are in good company: I got 2 bouncers, 4 playmats, and 6 blankets. Fortunately there were plenty of people that got us things we really needed or gift cards, but I was kind of irritated that we got ZERO bottles, ZERO bibs, only 1 pair of onesies, ZERO diaper creams, and zero of a lot of other things we needed. Fortunately we got to return stuff, and a friend donated a lot of clothes so now we are ready for Ashton, but yeah... annoying. I always buy from the registry for people. It's not a difficult concept.
  • Options
    @Kacie209 we ordered ours 10 weeks ago and were told 10-12 weeks. I'm glad I checked into it at the 10 week mark. Now they are saying they will rush it and quoted 4-6 weeks. Cutting it way closer than I wanted. 
  • Options
    @dmontgo I was shocked that at our baby shower we didn't get any bottles at all.
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    How many weeks?
    33 weeks!
    What size is baby?
    Celery 
    Upcoming appointments?
    Nothing until 36 weeks. We do have a "meet and greet" appt with a pediatrician on Friday.
    Rants/raves/questions?
    I'm pretty much laughing at myself all day these days- as I feel pretty pathetic trying to do anything. When you get stuck in your shoes, or can't even roll over in bed... oh dear. I guess that is kind of a rant and a rave.
    I've been getting more and more clumsy the last week or so. Last night I stubbed my toe on DH's shoes and my toe still hurts! It's not his fault, because they were put away in the closet, but when I was walking past them, I couldn't see them around my giant belly :/ Very minor, but just one of many ran into it because I couldn't see it stories. Does this happen to anyone else?
    I love Reese's and Snickers- which I still do. However, my candy cravings have mostly been for gummy or sour things during pregnancy- weird. At least it's Halloween and I can indulge in it all :) 

We have been pretty lucky with our shower gifts so far- my friends have mostly given us things from our registry with maybe one or two small things off registry. The big mystery will be the shower my MIL is throwing me this coming weekend. It's 3 hours away with mostly DH's family and family friends that I don't know super well. I'm mostly expecting that they will go off registry, which is a bummer as who wants to spend all that time returning things at 8 months pregnant?!?!