Friday Ticker Change 10/28

KMD1106KMD1106 member
edited October 2016 in May 2017 Moms
How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to?
May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Friday Ticker Change 10/28

• How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? Brussels sprout, lime, or fig, depending on whichever app you ask. I assume the lime is sideways, not top to bottom. 

Appointments this week? Next week I have one.

Symptoms? I've been more nauseated this last week than ever in my life. I thought sickness would ease up, but it's not. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Exercise is one of the only things that eases my nausea, but I had to miss my workout this morning, because my nausea was so bad last night. I woke up a time or two, and I had trouble getting to sleep. 

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever travelled to? Mayan ruins at Uxmal in Mexico while on a cruise.      
  • How far along are you?: 12 weeks

How big is baby?: A plum!

Appointments this week?: Just a check in with my doctor next Thursday.  I had a great appointment last Monday and got to see the baby jumping around on the ultrasound!

Symptoms?: Constant. Nausea.

Rant/Rave/Questions?: I'm nauseaus all the time.  I'm on Diclegis but it only takes the edge off.  We're also living with my parents right now while we're in between houses.  Let's just say it's interesting with us all being under one roof, me being pregnant, and have a 3 year old.

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever travelled to?: I would say Egypt was definitely a "wow" factor place I've been to (I spent a month there).  I learned and saw so much.  But Aruba would have to be my favorite relaxing, fun place to go.  It has the most beautiful restaurant on the water (called The Old Man and the Sea) and no matter where else I've traveled, there's nothing like watching that sunset while having a glass of wine with your toes in the sand.

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...

How big is baby? small lime

Appointments this week? None, although I might see if I can make one (see rant/question).

Symptoms? A little nausea and RLP

Rant/Rave/Questions? I had a nightmare that I miscarried last night. It has me freaked out. I'm considering calling and seeing if I can get in just for peace of mind. Would you or is that silly?

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? I LOVED La Rochelle, France, where I studied for a summer. It was such a beautiful city on the ocean. I also really loved Negril, Jamaica, where we went for our honeymoon. I don't think I can pick a favorite between those two. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? Ferrero Rocher chocolate :)

Appointments this week? None

Symptoms? Nausea is a bit decreased- now more of a "bleh" feeling. Tired, but that's gotten better as I've upped my exercise again!

Rant/Rave/Questions? DS has been waking up at 4:30 AM lately, and I am not a fan of that. Getting though the workday has been rough. I may break down and go back to coffee soon. Trying to make it past the first tri before having any caffeine...but I'm not sure I'm that strong. 

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? Germany, definitely. I had never had a specific desire to go there, but went to visit my husband when we were dating and he was studying abroad there (he used to live there in high school and is fluent, so I had a built in tour guide). It is AMAZING. We're still kind of hoping to move there. Particularly depending upon the outcome of the election...
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• How far along are you?  11 weeks

How big is baby? A large fig

Appointments this week? Monday!!! I can't wait

Symptoms? Fatigue but if I sleep enough I feel okay for the most part instead of a slug. RLP seemed to have disappeared completely which got me worried but I'm trying to relax until Monday.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nothing at the moment.

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? Top three are Turkey, Ireland and Kauai. If I really had to narrow it down, I would probably say.. Cappadocia, Turkey. The landscape is insanely beautiful and we did a hot air balloon ride at dawn there. And there are some cool underground stuff too.

• **How far: 13 weeks! TB informed me that my 2nd tri. starts today (which I already knew, and they're a few days early, but I'll take it!). ** the babies are lemons. ** next apt is Wednesday. **symptoms: acne still. I feel like I'm in HS again. And so tired. **gtky: we honeymooned in Savannah and love it there. We also love the Gatlinburg area.

How big is baby? Lime

Appointments this week?  none

Symptoms?  Tired and lack of energy. Peeing all the time. I can't make it through the night without getting up to pee. Seems much earlier than with my first. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? DS is not a good sleeper. I think I was up every single hour last night.  

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to?  French Polynesia. We spent 10 days between Moorea and Bora Bora when DH returned from a deployment in 2013. It was amazing.  

@KMD1106 I had the same nightmare with my first. I think it's something that all women worry about in early pregnancy, even if subconsciously, which can lead to those dreams.  
  • @clebl24 Bora Bora is on my bucket list! I'm dying to go there!

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • clebl24 Thanks for sharing that. I didn't have super vivid dreams like that with DD, so it freaked me out a little. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• How far along are you? 11 weeks... at that quarter mark and soon to be tri!   :)

How big is baby? A little key lime...

Appointments this week? No, not for a few weeks.

Symptoms? Nausea is letting up, foods are wicked bland and boring... but the worst is that I'm terribly exhausted... freakishly, horribly, walking-dead frame-of-mind tired. It's actually scary and dangerous when I'm driving, I keep feeling my eyes droop heavily... I took a morning nap and afternoon nap yesterday and still was yawning at dinnertime. This is my biggest worry right now. (And it doesn't help that it gets dark so early!)

Rant/Rave/Questions? I have a family houseguest this weekend who sometimes annoys me. They can't help it; we're just different in a lot of ways. Not ten minutes in the door and we've already covered how bad traffic is here, how crappy the weather is, and how stupid Halloween is. Here's me, in the other room, on my computer, trying to get some work done, and my tongue hurts from biting it! I'm pretty easy-going but, I don't know, is it wrong to blame the pregnancy for my complete lack of patience?

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? Someone earlier mentioned Ireland, and that's my personal pick. We were able to meet family and see the homestead (still a farm) where my great-grandpa lived (so, my grandma's own dad before he came over) and it was pretty amazing. I felt a real connection and got to meet some wonderful folks, but even beyond that, the countryside is simply beautiful. Every turn in the road brought new vistas and idyllic towns and sights to pull over and explore, and driving on the opposite side was an adventure.  ;)  Just gorgeous. I'd love to go back. (Oh, I just remembered this: People there would say to us, not "have you been to Ireland before" or "when were you last here" but instead would all say "welcome home!" and "when were you last home?" as if we belonged. I loved it! So welcoming!)
  • I hope you all don't mind me joining in here!

How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? Fig, lime? I'm not super sure

Appointments this week? I have one on Wednesday

Symptoms? I have been so tired this week. Some dizzy spells. (Possibly TMI?) I had some spotting today and I haven't had any since 8 weeks. So that kind of bummed me out.

Rant/Rave/Questions? None

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? I went to mexico once and got to see the pyramids, so that was pretty neat! From everyone's answers, I need to travel more!
  • How far along are you? 
    -12 weeks! 

How big is baby?
    -the size of a toy soldier 

Appointments this week? 
    -I had one on Tuesday! Saw little 2.0 and confirmed there was only 1 baby. 

Symptoms?
    Nausea still comes and goes, getting better though. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    -I'm so annoyed. My doctors office called today and said they are no longer taking new patients. I'm not a new patient! I'm 12 weeks and have been seen twice! Now I'm being referred off post (non military hospital). Fort Sill is the worst ladies! Armpit of the Army. 

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to?
    -I haven't really traveled much. I saw the arch in St Louis, that was pretty cool.
  • How far along are you? 13 weeks, woohoo! 

How big is baby? Haven't looked at my appt yet, lets see...Kiwi/ Large Laduree Macaron (Love this one!), and whatever my ticker shows...

Appointments this week? I had a NT scan on Tuesday. Dr. called today, said everything came back perfect.

Symptoms? Gastro. Either I can't go or I really go, ugh.

Rant/Rave/Questions? My newest niece was born Tuesday and I can't wait to go see her tomorrow and get some newborn snuggles in.

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? Ireland, for our wedding! 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • What?! I'd be throwing a big fit. You can't be new when you're established!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @bacorrea Seriously, call them back and complain. You are a patient of record & deserve a valid reason why they will no longer see you. That totally stinks. So sure, find another OB, it is what it is, but still lodge a complaint. They need to know that's not okay to inform you so abruptly like that, without a solid reason, nor written communication.
  • @SKZW @nda_roxybabe I will probably file a complaint on Monday. It won't really do anything though. The hospital here is in shambles and apparently they lost more OBGYNs than they were prepared for? This is what we get when we "cut military spending!" I mean don't get me wrong I'm super annoyed, but I'm not delivering here. We move in February. I would probably be more angry if I was supposed to deliver here. 
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks!

How big is baby? A lime

Appointments this week? We had our first midwife appointment this past week. It was very exciting! We also have another ultrasound on Nov. 3 (due to SCH), and a prenatal with our RE on Nov. 8. :)

Symptoms? Feeling a bit more energized, but the nausea is still kicking around (albeit, not as bad), still needing to pee a lot, and I've started having some lower back pain on and off. No bump yet...but I can feel that my uterus area is swelling when I touch it! Hopefully that bump is just around the corner :)

Rant/Rave/Questions? Has anyone else had lower back pain?? Mine was really bad on Thursday! 

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? This is so difficult! My favourite city was probably Venice, but my favourite country was probably Japan. I also really loved Hong Kong! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married: 10/4/14, Together Since: 5/21/06
    Children: 1 (girl, 3 years)

TTTC #1 since April 2015, Started Treatment Dec 2015
    5 Cycles of IF treatment until BFP! (IUI, Gonal-F, Letrozole)
    BFP: September 5th, 2016
    Born: May 22, 2017

TTTC #2 since September 2020, Currently in Testing phase 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oops! A day late again. 

How far along are you? 
    13 weeks!

How big is baby? 
    A matchbox car or a lemon 

Appointments this week? 
    We had an appointment on Thursday. Heard the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler and even got to hear some kicks. I had appointments every 2 weeks up until now because of previous loss but now we will do monthly. Getting used to monthly will be a struggle. 

Symptoms?
    RLP like it's going out of style! Especially when I sneeze. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Rave: I live in a small town that literally has nowhere to shop for maternity clothes. So yesterday I got out of town and bought 2 maternity tops and 3 pairs of pants. I don't need to be in them full time now but it's going to happen soon! 

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? Hands down Jamaica. It was the best vacation ever. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• @bacorrea How can they even do that?? You've been seen by them already. That must be so frustrating! 

@mspacman34 Sorry about the spotting! I had some dizzy spells around week 10 (I think it was week 10) they were awful! It helped me to put my head down when they happened. I hope it eases up for you. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• How far along are you? 13 weeks

How big is baby? Lemon

Appointments this week? I had my NT scan on Thursday. Baby is looking great, but my SCH has gotten bigger by about an inch. I get to go back for another ultrasound in two weeks to check on it. 

Symptoms? Still just really tired. Luckily MS seems to have officially gone away, although I do get really nauseous if I wait too long before eating. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I am supposed to be flying to Colorado in 3 weeks for a family reunion/Thanksgiving holiday, and you aren't supposed to fly with a SCH. I am so bummed and have to break the news to my dad & sister. Hopefully the airline doesn't give me a problem with refunding my son & mine's plane tickets.

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? I went to Paris in 2007, only for 4 days, but it was fantastic! I loved all the history and everyone was very friendly.

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21

• Late posting! I've been without phone and Internet for a few days.

How far along are you? 12 weeks! 

How big is baby? A Plum :)

Appointments this week? On Wednesday! Can't wait!

Symptoms? Most have gone away. (Thank God!) still feeling tired a lot though.

Rant/Rave/Questions? None this week.

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? I haven't really traveled outside the US. But Gatlinburg, TN and Redding, OR have to be some of my favorite places. Both have just gorgeous scenery.
  • jdebaie said:
    @clebl24 Bora Bora is on my bucket list! I'm dying to go there!
    You won't be disappointed. DH and I hope to go back once our kids are old enough to enjoy it. 
  • I'm a tad late...

How far along are you? 12 weeks 3 days

How big is baby? Plum

Appointments this week? Right at 12 weeks I had my NT scan. Everything looked great! Always fun to see the baby!

Symptoms? Nausea has gone away. Peeing a lot more! 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I just feel so freakin' lazy all the time! Ready for more energy!

GTKY: Where is the best place you've ever traveled to? Australia
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @roper2617 loved Jamaica!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker