June 2017 Moms
Options

IF Check-in Week of 10/31

I hope you're all doing well and taking on first tri like a boss! I've noticed that I don't feel sick every day now, but it does happen about every other day or so... I'm trying to cherish those days in between where I feel like myself.

@Cythe I just wanted to say a few words to let you know how much we will miss you over here. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you will have success very soon!

To be added to the check-in, here are a few questions for you to answer:

1. What is your EDD?
2. How long did it take you to get your BFP?
3. What is your diagnosis?
4. What is your treatment/history?

PAGING:
@helloaustin123  tx: none  EDD: 6/1/17
@abelandrocio  tx: FET  EDD: 6/1/17
@NurseSHS13  tx: Clomid  EDD: 6/2/17
@lukafoo74  tx: none  EDD: 6/3/17
@wifeinraleigh28  tx: FET  EDD: 6/4/17
@brij2006  tx: Metformin, baby aspirin, B-complex  EDD: 6/7/17
@NamelessAria  tx: Clomid, baby aspirin  EDD: 6/9/17
@kahlan82  tx: IUI  EDD: 6/10/17
@JessErinF  tx: none  EDD: 6/10/17
@cateyes543  tx: DE FET  EDD: 6/11/17
@beckij34  tx: IUI  EDD: 6/13/17
@Elyse1384  tx: FET  EDD: 6/14/17
@erkie  tx: none  EDD: 6/15/17
@kmd0501  tx: Letrozole  EDD: 6/18/17
@mrlight  tx: IUI  EDD: 6/19/17
@kdanjou  tx: IUI  EDD: 6/19/17
@lumilumi  tx: IVF  EDD: 6/20/17
@ClaireCF  tx: IUI  EDD: 6/21/17

QOTW: Any good book recommendations? Not just about pregnancy... but anything! I'm always looking for books to add to my reading list!
***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20

Re: IF Check-in Week of 10/31

• Options
    QOTW: So I haven't read it, but my friend has and loved it.  It's called The Light Between Oceans and might hit home for many on this thread.  Maybe a bit of a TW almost.  My friend said it is about a family (man and wife) suffering through IF who make a decision that has major impact/consequences.  

I really like historical fiction (eg the Dante Club, any of the Dan Brown books) and always recommend those.
  • Options
    QOTW: Any good book recommendations? Not just about pregnancy... but anything! I'm always looking for books to add to my reading list!

Oh my goodness, Girl on the Train.  If you haven't read it, do!  It's amazing!

I'm more suspense type of reader, but love getting lost in fiction.  I'm also a self-help type of book reader.  So here's some I've read lately in both categories.
    Suspense:  Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker, House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker (kind of weird), Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, Feed by Mira Grant
    Also love the I Am #4 series.

Inspirational: The Millionaire Mind by Thomas Stanley (amazing!),  Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin, Rhinoceros Success by Scott Alexander, The Legacy Journey by Dave Ramsey, Retire Inspired by Chris Hogan (I'm a numbers junkie).

Of course some of my favorites are Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games.
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 I really like Dan Brown, too!

QOTW: I just finished the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, and if you haven't read it yet, all three books are really good!  The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult is also really good.  I really liked the Percy Jackson series by Rick Roiordan (even though it's for YA).  I have a wide range of book preferences (mysteries, fantasy, classics, Southern literature, historical fiction, etc.), so I tend to just recommend my most recent reads.

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/
  • Options
    @brij2006 I like Girl on the Train, too, but, I'm kind of worried about how the movie will be, considering it's set in America instead of England.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 I'll have to look into that book! Books about IF or loss don't trigger me, and I always love a good read!

@brij2006 I agree, The Girl on the Train is a fantastic book! So is Ready Player One! I actually just finished reading The Cursed Child and I absolutely loved it... and it made me miss reading the Harry Potter books. (As I'm typing this I'm wearing my Hermione costume that I'm wearing to work today and for passing out candy tonight)! I'll definitely add your other recommendations to my list! Thank you!

Lately I've been reading a lot of books by Liane Moriarty and Jodi Picoult and I pretty much love all of them!

The Good Girl is a great thriller. I also recently enjoyed reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @mrlight The movie was disappointing.  Save it for a Redbox rental.  Both my H and I read and loved the book, but were disappointed with the movie.

@wifeinraleigh28 I am holding out hope that The Cursed Child will come out in audio form.  That's the only way I can read a book.  I don't sit still long enough to physically read one.
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • Options
    I'm in such a book rut right now I'm loving these recommendations!

A few months ago my mom got me The Art of Waiting by Belle Boggs, which is about her struggle with infertility. I enjoyed it, she had a lot of good insight and also had a lot of interesting information about fertility and treatments. 

Another book I've been recommending to a lot of people is Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan. It's about this girl who had an infection that basically caused her to exhibit signs of severe mental illness and she can't remember months of her life, and so she goes back and basically researches what happened to her. It was fascinating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Feeling pretty good this week!  The nausea has kicked in but is more like an annoying queasiness that lingers all day and gets worse when I'm tired. Oh...and I'm tired to the point that I can't function. I took 3 naps just yesterday!  Needless to say I am hustling to get the laundry done before stepson gets home and it's trick or treating time. 

As for books, I've been reading Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children. My stepson wanted to read it (he's 10) and has been struggling with reading comprehension in school so I figured what better way to help than read a book together. Now we can chat about books instead of whatever Pokémon is lurking in my kitchen. Plus it was a good spooky read for the season
  • Options
    I love the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown.  They are marketed as YA but read much more as adult. 
    If you haven't read Stephen King's The Gunslinger series, get on that.
    I read a lot of sci-fi and fantasy and I love Naomi Novik.  She has a great series called Temeraire and also a one-off book called Uprooted which was terrific.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    QOTW - I agree with Girl on the Train! I also really like the Divergent series! I need to get back into reading. These are all great suggestions!