February 2017 Moms

Fitness Check In 10/31

I am jumping the gun because I actually have something to talk about! LOL sorry @Xstatic3333

1. What are your goals for this week?

2. How did you do with last week's goals?

3. Rants/raves/questions/complaints?

4. GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween movie/special?

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Fitness Check In 10/31

• I went to pre-natal yoga finally on Saturday and it was really really great! I am so excited to go back. Only issue I had was the pigeon pose on the right side. When I was done my SPD was KILLING ME but when we switched and I did it on the left it was so so much better! I am going to have to utilize some more blocks and pillows this week on the right side to get a lesser stretch. 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• Sorry I slacked this week and thanks for starting it @peachesnbean! I'm so glad you liked prenatal yoga! Pigeon can definitely be really intense while pregnant, and I can only imagine SPD really exacerbates that.

1. Walk every day and attend the two prenatal yoga classes that I've bought and paid for!

2. I did okay. I wasn't able to make any yoga classes but I think I walked at least a mile every day. Eating healthy was tough because I have been SO HUNGRY but that seems to be tapering off now.

3. I need to stop being lazy and get a support belt, darnit!

4. Tough one! I really love all the Halloween episodes of The Office. Last night we watched Poltergeist which was also lots of fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • Any advice on restarting a workout after months and months without going to the gym? I try to stay pretty active generally (we don't have a car so I walk everywhere, and was pretty active over the summer with hiking, swimming, etc.), but things have lapsed since fall came around... I figure starting light (easy treadmill & weights) is the way to go, but are there any dangers to the baby in starting a gym routine halfway through pregnancy? I'm about 22 weeks right now. 
  • die frau said:
    Any advice on restarting a workout after months and months without going to the gym? I try to stay pretty active generally (we don't have a car so I walk everywhere, and was pretty active over the summer with hiking, swimming, etc.), but things have lapsed since fall came around... I figure starting light (easy treadmill & weights) is the way to go, but are there any dangers to the baby in starting a gym routine halfway through pregnancy? I'm about 22 weeks right now. 
    My MW said that restarting activity that you did pre-pregnancy was ok, but I'd check with yours first in case your circumstances are different! If nothing else, most seem
    to be fine with walking and prenatal yoga. 
  • I am jumping the gun because I actually have something to talk about! LOL sorry @Xstatic3333

1. What are your goals for this week?
    Zumba Toning, Zumba, and Yoga. Also, not eat all my kid's candy.
    2. How did you do with last week's goals?
    Sigh I have been so bad with goals lately. We've been so busy and I've been so tired that a lot has been falling by the wayside. 
    3. Rants/raves/questions/complaints?
    SPD-BS. :( That's it.
    4. GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween movie/special?
    Hocus Pocus. We watched The Little Vampire with the girls and it was really cute to them at a healthy level of scared. (they keep asking to watch it again).
    @die frau - Talk to your OB/MW. I took 10+ weeks off of exercise because of my HG. Prior to I had been working out 3-5x a week (Zumba, Pilates, PiYo, Yoga, Eliptical, and Strength Training). My MW okayed everything but told me to keep an eye on my heartrate and breathing since we are breathing for 2 now and to resist jumping. Later she also revoked eliptical work because of my SPD.   So really, its a case by case business.