Baby Names
Options

Lucia vs. Fern POLL

kaswansonkaswanson member
edited October 2016 in Baby Names
Looking for a MN to go with FN Naomi (current top choice for FN). These are our top two pics right now for MN and reasons:

Fern: my great-grandmother's name. She was a singer and worked at the same radio station as Ronald Reagan when he was young. She died young, killed by a drunk driver. Her daughter, my grandma is very close with me. Misses her mother greatly. 

Lucia: I've always loved the name Lucy and had a great-aunt Lucy. DH hates it and thinks of Charlie Brown. But his family is Swedish and celebrated Santa Lucia, so that is a special Christmas tradition for them. Also, the baby will be born close to Christmas. 
DD #1 Eva- April 2011
DD #2 Violet- October 2013
DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

Lucia vs. Fern POLL 111 votes

Naomi Fern
72% 81 votes
Naomi Lucia
27% 30 votes

Re: Lucia vs. Fern POLL

• Options
    Naomi Fern flows better 

• Options
    I think Naomi Fern flows better and seems like it has more meaning to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I alawys go for the name that has meaning :)
  • Options
    Naomi Fern sounds beautiful and it has a lot more meaning to you (from what you said).
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    These are all great names, but I don't love the way Naomi flows with either Fern or Lucia. Fern sounds like  wonderful sentimental option, why is that not a contender for first name?
    The McC 3 - DH, (38) Me, (34) and DS (3)
    A.J.M. - Born 6/11/13 after 17 BFNs including 1 failed IUI.
    Maybe Baby #2 - Started TTC Feb 2015. Called it quits after 29 cycles. 
  • Options
    How do you want to pronounce Lucia? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options
    I don't like the flow of Naomi Fern at all... Maybe because I don't like the name Fern. If you're pronouncing Lucia the way I am it sounds lovely and very exotic.
  • Options
    @moneypenny77 and @CaboBride2015, we'd pronounce it like Lou-see-uh. I feel like Fern is a little bit abrupt after "Naomi" but I know middle names aren't used all that often. Gah. Not sure what to do!
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016