January 2017 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change (10/30)

What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: 

When's your next appointment? 

GTKY:  What's your favorite fall food?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change (10/30)

• 27 weeks and currently embarrassing myself at the airport singing along to Macklemore "Can't Hold Us" that's playing over the PA system.

We have a Baby 101 class this Friday and Saturday, though it will probably be more for H's benefit. My brothers are 12+ years younger than me so I'm familiar with how to handle infants. 

Rave: really excited for H. He has started getting some phone interviews and invitations to come to campuses for tenure track positions. He has spent months stressing about finding a job for next year (and his anxiety over this has caused his head to retreat up his own ass; I'll be happy to have my empathetic partner back once he lands a job).

Check up on Friday.

@canavara I've made a similar cranberry sauce and loved it (but also found it to be pretty polarizing). Adore the citrus flavors and the tartness.
    It isn't fall for me until I've had apple cider and apple cider doughnuts or pumpkin bread. I haven't found the doughnuts yet, but the pumpkin bread and cider have been checked off the list.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 
    30 weeks- only 10 more to go (ish)

This week we put together the high chair and I washed and put away the swaddle blankets and burp clothes.  I ordered a lingerie bag for all of the little socks and mittens which came yesterday so now we need to go through all the clothes and see if there are any we think we need to exchange for a bigger size.  I also put a sweater into my hospital bag- it's the only thing in there right now but it's something.

I had a very hard weekend.  I commute by train and walk a couple blocks to my office everyday.  Most days I get some cramps/ contractions from my commute, but they subside within a few minutes of being in the office.  Friday, they never stopped.  They were inconsistent and baby was kicking and moving more than normal, so I tried to ignore it, but around 2pm I finally called the doctor.  With an express train my commute is about an hour and a half door to door, but during the day it can take an extra hour to hour and a half since all the trains are local- so I was ordered to go home by my doctor.  They didn't need me to come into the office or hospital (the nurse thought the doctor was going to send me to one of those), but I was told to go home and lay in bed and drink plenty of fluids all weekend.  The contractions have calmed down a lot but if I am out of bed/ reclining position for too long I feel my stomach tightening again.  I am also really sore, which isn't really helping.  I am worried they are going to put me on bedrest this week at my next appointment.  My MIL's shower for us is this weekend and they live 4 hours away- I feel like we might not be able to make it if these contractions do not calm down.  I feel bad, but I need this little girl to keep cooking a little bit longer.  I am planning on going into the office tomorrow, but leaving early and bringing my laptop home.  I really wish I had brought it home Friday, but I didn't think 1) that I could carry the laptop while in contractions and 2) I thought the contractions would stop and I'd be fine by now.   Hopefully tomorrow I wake up and everything is back to normal.  FX.

Tuesday I have an appointment scheduled with a different doctor in my practice.  I was suppose to start rotating, but I really want to see my doctor one more time since I have been having contractions all weekend.  I'm sure the other doctor will be fine, and the rotating is done so I don't feel this way going to the hospital, but I still don't like it right now.

I love pretty much all fall foods.  I was worried that I would have GD and not be able to have apple cider doughnuts or any of my aunt's 4 amazing stuffings this Thanksgiving.  Luckily I passed my test and have been snacking on pumpkin doughnuts/breads along with chicken wings during football games.   So looking forward to Thanksgiving in a few weeks.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• 31 weeks! Starting to see the light at the end of this long pregnancy journey. 

I wish! Holy eff, I just want my house to get done and to start prepping baby stuff. I'm sure most people can relate, but here is how it goes with every single person who asks me about being pregnant: "when are you due?" "Around New Years." "Oh! Christmas or New Years baby!" Insert story about child born on Christmas or New Years. "So, do you have everything in the nursery ready?" "I have a huge renovation going on right now, so until the dust is gone, I can't start doing anything." "Wow, you must be freaking out!" Seriously people, just stop. You annoy me enough by telling me that baby could come Christmas or New Years because you act like that thought never crossed my mind, and then you remind me I cannot yet set up for baby. I get it, people are just being nice and making small talk, but stop. Gah!

Minus crazy aches and pains after exercising/end of the day, my only complaint is that when I am getting up at the end of the day or changing sides in bed, I literally feel like a beached whale flopping around. I have actually made sonar sounds to my husband to make light of the situation. The larger I keep getting, I realllllly miss my body.

In a week and a half, two week appts have begun!

I love making soups, especially in the fall. I'm pretty into jarring/canning and feel very out of my element being away from my house and my jars and all of my things for soup prep/storage. This is just my week of complaining apparently :smile:
  •  I'm sure most people can relate, but here is how it goes with every single person who asks me about being pregnant: "when are you due?" "Around New Years." "Oh! Christmas or New Years baby!" Insert story about child born on Christmas or New Years. "So, do you have everything in the nursery ready?" "I have a huge renovation going on right now, so until the dust is gone, I can't start doing anything." "Wow, you must be freaking out!" Seriously people, just stop. You annoy me enough by telling me that baby could come Christmas or New Years because you act like that thought never crossed my mind, and then you remind me I cannot yet set up for baby. I get it, people are just being nice and making small talk, but stop. Gah!
    Yessssss, this. I like when they also chime in, "Oh god, you better hope it doesn't come on Christmas because that would be THE WORST!" and it's like, "And when it inevitably does, all I'm going to do is remember your crappy opinion that you voiced, jerk." My family has a long history of babies coming early and my grandma has 9 kids... no joke, 3 of them were due in early January (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) and those 3 all came either on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. My aunts and uncles are now all in their 50s or 60s and have never once complained about their "unfortunate" birthdays--my grandma always made sure they had parties and were properly celebrated.

As an anecdote for the renovation too... one of my friends had her baby about 3 months ago. They moved into an old house they bought about 2 months before and did a massive renovation. I ran into her at the OB's office like 2 weeks before her due date and was like, "Do you have his nursery set up?" She played it off so cool and calm like, "Pfft no. It's fine. Babies can sleep wherever. We'll have it ready when it's ready." He ended up being a week late and I'm pretty sure his nursery wasn't complete until a day after his due date and everything was fine (and I'm kind of jealous of how calm she was able to stay through that!)
  • rdh33rdh33 member
    edited October 2016
    What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 
    31 weeks! He likes to grind his head against my cervix and use my ribcage as a foot rest. I'm also convinced this baby is a redhead (I have very bright red hair). He thinks he's being cheeky, but I'm up here thinking, "I've got your number, buddy." We're going to get along just fine, indeed. I'm madly in love. ;-) 

Prepping cloth diapers, washing and organizing the mountain of clothes my mom has purchased, designing and building a closet organizer (H), selecting artwork and building frames. The nursery will be a guestroom for another 2 weeks, but the dresser is there. 

I'M HOME. Over the last 8 months, I've been away from H for a total of 16 weeks -- 11 trips out of state that put about 11,000 miles on my car. I got back last night and get to telecommute until December 15. (Not going back to work at that company.) There are no words to describe how good it feels to be home and know that I don't have to leave again in 3 weeks. 

I'm in a similar boat as @canavara -- very few normal symptoms. I do have some gnarly varicose veins but they aren't bothersome. I have insomnia for weeks but I think being home will help. 

Wednesday. 

I like to mix cranberry sauce with a bit of mashed potatoes and dressing. Just typing that makes me hungry and excited for thanksgiving. I too love a very tart cranberry sauce. Oh, and hot apple cider. And mulled wine. I lived in Poland for a while and the best lunch breaks I've ever had happened there -- walking around the Christmas market in Krakow, sipping mulled wine and eating fried cheese and sausage. 
  • @LilLynch2015 FX you have an uncomplicated trip to work tomorrow to get your laptop and that your checkup goes well! I'm sorry that you might have to miss your shower. 
  • What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you?
    30 weeks!!  He's over 4 pounds!  

Baby sprinkle on Saturday. 

Nov 12 

Stuffing 

** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @canavara preach. I also personally don't think Christmas or New Years would be bad birthdays! I feel like New Year's Eve would be the most fun bday. H and I aren't into presents (would rather spend money on vacations!) so every person who mentions Christmas/presents and that crap I try not to take too seriously.

My sister gave me my nephew's rock n play so I have no worries about where baby will sleep, I just love decorating and organizing and can't wait to do all of that. It's less about the baby, more about my want to nest and make everything look pretty! It's like a bowl of ice cream is in front of me and someone says I can't eat it. Patience! 
  • TinaBelcherTinaBelcher member
    edited October 2016
    Morning!! 

31 weeks, seriously starting to freak out that we have less than 6 weeks left..... 

Work is so busy that I've had no time for anything! Yesterday I finally started putting shower gifts away, put the strollers together (holy shit the double frame stroller- Joovy Twin Roo- is HUGE!) Started our thank yous too but put those down to carve pumpkins  :D oh and besides coming home outfits for the girls and stuff I use too often to pack away already our hospital bag is ready to go! 

Sleeping is currently the worst. I can't sleep on my back but just laying on my back to rest my hips hurts my lower back so badly, and laying on my sides hurts my hips! I wake up feeling about 7 million times worse than when I went to bed, limping out of our bedroom. 

No appointments this week- enjoying it while it lasts! I had to take a whole day off of work on Tuesday next week to fit 3 appointments in between 3 different doctors (2 in different locations at the hospital and one at my OB) and that officially starts my 4x a week appointments. (I'll always have the first 3 on either Monday or Tuesday and the last one Thursday or Friday) at the NST and BPP at the hospital they can decide at any point to just not let me leave so that's why I was hot to finish packing our bag! 

All of it. Fall is my jam! Thanksgiving turkey and mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce (I'm definitely partial to the canned, barely real food cranberries)  :D  Soups, gimme all the soups- my favorite thing to make from fall through spring! Cider, Halloween candy, apple everything,  <3 I love fall
  • 31 weeks! I've been feeling consistent hiccups from Baby, it's so funny! Also have a grinding sensation in my rib cage, pretty sure Baby is enjoying keeping its head up there. Wish s/he would flip!

Cleaning, cleaning, more cleaning, but in reality, going to end up sleeping instead...

I've been so incredibly dizzy this week! And then the dizziness turns into a massive headache that Tylenol doesn't even faze. I think I'm going to break down and get a coke to give me some caffeine and hope that helps. I can hardly think straight.

Got a check up on Wed. Tomorrow, we are touring a ped's office. That'll be interesting.

Fall favorite food: I'm not sure...I guess chili since it's cooler could be considered a fall food. I love making it and just eating it for days cos it's cheap and easy and I get creative with the spices.

Adding to the Christmas/New Year birthday: I am so sick of people saying how horrible it's going to be! Like, chill, I have it planned out. I read a mom's story about how she gives her kids x amount of money every birthday and they use it for a gift, birthday party, adventure, whatever they want. Last year, her son planned his entire birthday party and budgeted the money they gave him and actually had a really cool pool party with some money left over to get a toy. So my kids won't have to worry about holidays and birthdays being so close, they're still going to be able to individually celebrate their birthdays, maybe just a little early or later so that they can have a party with people actually attending. My brother said people will just give them one big gift instead of individual for Christmas and their birthday and I said they better not or I will talk to them about it. I really don't see any of my family doing that though.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Thanks @rdh33 contractions aren't too bad while I'm sitting at my desk... not looking forward to carrying the laptop though.  Planning on working until 3ish so that I don't have to deal with rush hour crowds on the trains and should be able to get a seat on the trains easily.  

For the holiday birthday discussion I was telling my also very pregnant co-worker a few weeks ago that I was hoping she would be 3 weeks early because I was worried about the holiday birthday.  I have a few December birthdays in my family and they all agree it takes away from their birthdays- but I'm not sure they would have had that much of a different experience with a June birthday.  The one I was most worried about was New Years Eve- I read a story about someone with a NYE birthday and he said it's the worst because all of your friends and family count down to the end of your birthday every year.  My co-worker pointed out to me that I have no control over her birthday- that is all on her.  So if she comes out on Christmas or NYE and hates it- it's her own fault.  I feel like you can always want your birthday to be a different time of the year.  I have a February birthday and would have loved a warmer month birthday so I could have outdoor birthday parties.  I know people with summer birthdays that had issues planning parties because school is out of session and people are on vacation.  Plus I know 5 people with birthdays today and they say the same thing about planning parties, because everyone is celebrating Halloween and trick or treating.  All of their childhood parties were Halloween themed.  There is always going to be some issue with a birthday- as long as you make the effort they should remember that you tried to make it different and special than the rest of the holiday season.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• DH's birthday is July 1st, so growing up, school was always out and people were always celebrating 4th of July. His teachers tried to celebrate his half birthday, but once they realized that would be Jan. 1st, they gave up. This year, I planned this wonderful beach trip to St. Augustine and we had 12 friends come and we all stayed the weekend. It was so miserably hot. We enjoyed the time at the hotel, but the beach was too hot to walk on, we couldn't enjoy touring the fort, and we ended up cancelling the trolley tour because I was so over heated. IMO, birthdays are what you make of them. Now I know not to do a beach trip for DH's bday lol. We'll probably just have a pool party at our condo next year.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• newyearsbaby5newyearsbaby5 member
    edited October 2016
    Birthday wise, I'm actually kind of hoping LO comes between Christmas and New Years (though for me personally, I want him to GTFO at the safest, earliest possible time). We go to England every year to see H's family from before Christmas to after New Years and I think it would be so special for that set of grandparents/family to get to throw the b-day celebration every year since they will get limited grandchildren time anyways being across the pond. Even if it doesn't fall between those holidays, they'll still get to plan b-day fun which i'm excited about. 
  • Just got back from my doctor's appointment and my cervix is still closed.  Everything else looked fine and I was approved to travel the 4+ hours to go to my MIL's shower this weekend too.   They want me to walk around every hour or so, but with the amount of water they are also telling me to drink I think we will be pulling over at every rest stop between Princeton and Oneonta.  Hopefully everyone else with appointments this week are just as successful!
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Glad to see you had a good appointment @LilLynch2015. I hope you have a nice time at your shower this weekend!
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker