January 2017 Moms

10/31- 11/6 Apps, u/s, b/w etc.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween!! 

Anything baby related on the schedule this week? 
** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 10/31- 11/6 Apps, u/s, b/w etc.

• Regular appt tomorrow, stupid three hour gtt Friday :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OB check-in on Thursday and elective 4D ultrasound on Friday! We haven't had any U/S since the anatomy scan at 18 weeks, so I'm really, really excited to hopefully see his face finally (if he doesn't hide it in the placenta or something silly, but fingers crossed). Last time we saw it at 18 weeks, I swear he looked just like my fiancee and his dad, so I'm curious to see if the resemblance is still there now that things are mostly fleshed out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Just an OB check up on Tuesday! Maybe going over anything that needs to be talked about from the growth scan I had last week! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• 28 week check up and glucose test on Wednesday.  Will be discussing if they still think I will need a growth scan for measuring big. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • NST on Tuesday and Friday. Check in with regular OB on Friday as well. @cjs260 I meant to tell you that they did a growth scan for me this weekend and baby was big. Even bigger than yours! But still in the normal range. I found this hilarious since just last week we were discussing my lack of weight gain and worried about baby being small. I'm a little skeptical he or she is as big as they say, given my fundal height is only a week ahead, but whatever. I know the growth scans have a decent margin of error either way, but it was very ironic. MFM told me anything over 95% or less than 10% is what they're concerned with. And even then additional scans may be necessary since it is hard to get a truly accurate reading. 
  • Ultrasound (second anatomy scan) Tuesday and 29 week check up thursday. I assume my 1 hr glucose was good because I didn't hear anything back and I did it 2 weeks ago.
  • Regular 28 week appt Tuesday.  I'm going to discuss my wacky high and low numbers from my CBC a couple weeks ago.
  • 30 week appointment on Tuesday. I'll be doing my glucose test and having a cervical length check. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Two week OB check and endocrinologist appts tomorrow. Also going to actually set up things in the nursery. It has all just been piled in there for about two weeks now. Ready to get this show on the road!  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 28 week OB visit tomorrow and I get to schedule my growth anatomy scan for 30 weeks and will schedule the rest of my appointments from here until delivery!  I feel like we are finally getting a little closer to the end!
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• 31-32 week check up this morning. Baby girl is head down and very low. When the ob checked my cervix (totally forgot how extremely uncomfortable that is BTW ...) she was like "oh my God that's her head!". So that's why I've been feeling so much pressure! I'm not dilated, but they are running a couple tests because she is basically out of room to move at this point and they want to make sure she isn't trying to make her way out too soon. I should have results this afternoon. Also, if my contractions get any closer than about 15 minutes I need to go in to be monitored. Not a bad appointment, but I'm really hoping baby girl stays put for a bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Good luck @ashleysparkle720! Hope your tests come back great. I'm not having contractions, but my cervix is short and funneling so I'm having the same concerns as you. I'm hoping it won't shorten rapidly since I'm not having contractions, but maybe that is wishful thinking.
  • Good luck @ashleysparkle720! Hope your tests come back great. I'm not having contractions, but my cervix is short and funneling so I'm having the same concerns as you. I'm hoping it won't shorten rapidly since I'm not having contractions, but maybe that is wishful thinking.
    The only reason I'm stressing is because DD1 was born right on the edge of premature. So I pay way more attention to symptoms than I would if she was born at 40+ weeks.  I hope contractions hold off for you !

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • L&D tour appt on Saturday. I'm ready to bombard them with questions.
  • Childbirth course starts this Thursday, DH is getting anxious to attend because he knows he will be overwhelmed!! 
  • @AshleySparkle720 did your OB check your cervix because she felt so low or is it just standard for them to do that? 
  • Just a regular 30 week apt today! I can't wait to see what she will look like at our ultrasound in a few weeks.
  • @AshleySparkle720 did your OB check your cervix because she felt so low or is it just standard for them to do that? 
    Because I've been having contractions and feeling so much cervical pressure. typically I don't think they start checking until like 36 (?) weeks

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • edited November 2016
     Rhogam shot and 3D ultrasound on Friday! at my anatomy scan baby girl didn't cooperate for the 3D so I'm anxious to see who she looks like !

Edited due to the bump eating most of my post. ugh!
  • I have an ultrasound on Friday to check growth. I'm anxious to see him and know that he's doing ok. It seems like forever since our 18 week anatomy scan. 
  • Had my growth scan today. First time seeing the little stinker since anatomy scan a while ago. He's been massively hanging out on my right side for about the last week or so, causing discomfort. I was so curious to see how he was positioned over there since I've been poking him to move over and I can't figure out what's been wiggling back at me.

Well, he woke me up last night with so much movement and this morning I could tell he had moved towards the middle now. Yay -  more comfortable!  Scan showed he was head down basically snow angel-ing. Sure enough an hour after my appt he wiggled back to the right side again & we're back to wrestling. Now I can't figure out what is what again! I want to know if it's his butt or what that is so uncomfortable over there, dang it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had my glucose test this morning. My office only calls if you failed so hopefully I don't hear from them! Also had my DTaP shot and regular check up. We talked about kick counts and when to call in in regards to BH contractions or signs of early labor. It's all starting to feel so real. 

Scheduled to go back at 32 weeks for an ultrasound to check on baby's size and then a visit with the dr! 
  • We have our birth class and L&D tour this Saturday. Just getting it done in one shot so it's out of the way. I have already seen a room since I had a scare a few weeks ago but excited to see the rest and have a refresher on birth.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Had another appointment this week for a symptom check in and cervical check. No changes (yay!), get to go back home on bedrest for at least 4 weeks until 32. Then I can slowly start doing things. Maybe no more bedrest by week 34 if we get that far. Oh, and gtt normal! Some good news. 
  • @Litzi Glad to hear you had a good appointment and the bedrest is working for you! It definitely makes me feel better about being stuck at home all day. Fingers crossed you make it to at least 34 weeks! 
  • Congrats @litzi! I'm dealing with a cervix problem too; it's nice to hear some positive news. I hope we all hold out! I'm 31+2 today and really wishing we could fast forward about 3 weeks.
  • @christac1010 thank you! bedrest is not fun at all, but there are no other options it seems. i'm a bit upset a cerclage wasn't offered at 23 weeks, but oh well. we'll just hope bedrest is enough!

@LoneStar21416 31+2 is already an awesome place to be! It would be amazing if we could make it past 34!! Cervical problems suck. So scary and they have no idea what causes it or how to fix it. 
  • That's exactly what's been going through my head @litzi -- the unknown about it all. My doctor keeps telling me I could go full term or I could go early. It's really difficult to feel like you don't have a good understanding of your odds and constantly feel on edge. As if pregnancy wasn't uncertain enough...

My goal is to try to stay in the present moment and not worry about the future. Will be much easier said than done, but it's all we can do! Just go day to day, as I'm sure you are too. Keep in touch and let me know how you're doing. You too @christac1010!
  • Had a checkin appointment with the nurse practitioner this morning and was asking about the position of the baby. She said they don't normally check until around 34 weeks but tried it anyway since I was asking and was convinced the baby was head up based on the fact that she found a big hard lump on my top left and when she poked it, it moved... but couldn't confirm because my uterus tightened up immediately after she checked. Ugh. I hadn't even considered that he might be in frank breech position. I definitely feel his feet on my right side. She was just like, "Well, there's not much we can do... we'll check again a couple of weeks. There's still time. It's okay. No sense in worrying over something you can't control anyway..."
  • Drs office called to tell me I passed my glucose test, yay! My iron was really low though. I need to add in a supplement, which isn't too surprising as I needed to with my son. I took extra iron in the beginning but stopped when my energy levels picked up on the second trimester and didn't notice a change so I thought I might be good to go. Apparently not though, and they also want me to come back in for additional blood work because it was so low. 

Anyone else ever ever need additional testing for low iron? 
  • Had my rhogam shot this morning and this afternoon I'm getting a 3D ultrasound! she didn't cooperate at my 20wk one so pretty excited to hopefully get to see her little nose and lips!
  • @nolemomma14 I had to have a second test done for my anemia. The CBC (with hgb, hc, etc) gives them an idea of how deficient you are, but the second blood test actually tests serum levels so they can better understand the cause of your anemia and if anything needs to be done extra to treat it. In my case, it was just typical pregnancy anemia and they kept me on a 2x a day dose of ferrous sulfate 325mg. It's been 3-4 weeks and I've noticed a pretty big improvement from it in how fatigued I am. Hope yours is just as uneventful!
  • @canavara glad to hear yours was just normal for pregnancy! Hoping to get similar results. Thanks for sharing!
  • Drs office called to tell me I passed my glucose test, yay! My iron was really low though. I need to add in a supplement, which isn't too surprising as I needed to with my son. I took extra iron in the beginning but stopped when my energy levels picked up on the second trimester and didn't notice a change so I thought I might be good to go. Apparently not though, and they also want me to come back in for additional blood work because it was so low. 

Anyone else ever ever need additional testing for low iron? 
    My iron is low all the time. super annoying! Yay for passing your glucose test!!

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • @nolemomma14 I am in the same boat, I have to take an iron supplement twice a day and then go in for retesting in a week. My iron level was at a 9 and they would prefer it to be at a 13 but would accept it as low as an 11. I've been taking the pills for about 2 weeks now and have not   notice a spike in energy. I have had stomach cramping and extra heartburn from  it though! yay for unwanted side effects!