Trying to Get Pregnant

Help with OPKs please

So i took 2 OPKs today... I got the samples from the same cup. My digital one had flashing smiley face (high fertility). (Yesterday was definitely negative). The cheaper one was not even remotely positive! The line was super faint. Is it because my hormones may not be high enough? My CM is not slimy, my temperature dropped by 1 degree this am.. and I don't have ovulation pain. What does this mean?

Re: Help with OPKs please

• I thought a flashing smiley was not peak fertility? It means "high fertility" which is before peak fertility and is measuring a different hormone than peak would be measuring (lh)? someone else on here will definitely know more though.
  • edited October 2016
    So i took 2 OPKs today... I got the samples from the same cup. My digital one had flashing smiley face (high fertility). (Yesterday was definitely negative). The cheaper one was not even remotely positive! The line was super faint. Is it because my hormones may not be high enough? My CM is not slimy, my temperature dropped by 1 degree this am.. and I don't have ovulation pain. What does this mean?
    I believe this question would / may be better placed in a WTO thread (for future reference). That being said, it sounds like you're using Clear Blue Advanced Digital OPKs. If that's the case, flashing smiley is high fertility but not peak fertility. I know some women (myself included) have gotten false + opks. 

Read the newbie guide and lurk. A lot of your questions can be answered that way.

Sorry for the huge picture. It's not letting me resize it.

CB.PNG 134.1K
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • adirat said:

I don't understand your confusion about the tests. If you didn't get a positive on the OPK then yes, your hormones are not high enough to make it positive so you're not close to ovulating yet. It's not hard to figure out. 

This is question is too ridiculous to be real.
    @eggplantface This is like the OPK question you were dreaming of...
    That's why this seems so fishy. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• This means your LH hasn't surged yet and I wouldn't expect ovulation until after you do get that peak reading. You don't need to have sex yet if you don't want to.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Hi! As someone who just started using OPKs last month I know it can be confusing ! As someone else mentioned I would highly suggest getting the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. You can get it on Amazon fairly inexpensive. good luck!!!

Pregnancy Ticker