February 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC*!!! 10/28

2»

Re: FFFC*!!! 10/28

• Options
    @winchestergirl care to share with a bunch of internet strangers? I'll keep it a secret I promise! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I have a few recipes like that! I'll share with certain family members so the secret will never die with me (morbid, I know). But other people will ask and I'm so possessive. 

I'm also the nutjob that has copies of recipes in the firesafe right along side birth certificates and social security cards
  • Options
    @yogadevil I definitely don't mind sharing in my own family! I think it's sad when family traditions are lost between generations. In this case, it's not a written recipe, it's one of those you'd have to be in my kitchen while I make it. My granny did not measure anything except her pound cake - everything else she taught me to measure with her hands. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @Starfish113 last night he was watching a video with a kid and dad about "toilet monsters" and not only was the toilet dirty, but the dad demonstrated like every aspect of how a toilet works. I was like what's are you watching!?!?!? I guess if your kid wants to be a plumber that is a great video. I just rolled my eyes and went about my business. What can you do?
    Omg and the weirdo adults who post videos of unboxing toys? Where do these people come from?!?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl those are the best recipes :)
  • Options
    @jstringfellow19 at least once a week we have to take the lid off the toilet for my kid and explain how a toilet flushes from pressure. I need to find this video 
  • Options
    @jstringfellow19 at least once a week we have to take the lid off the toilet for my kid and explain how a toilet flushes from pressure. I need to find this video 
    I wish I knew what it was called now. I bet if you get on YouTube and just search "toilet monsters" or something about "dad/son toilet monsters" you will probably find it. 

@Starfish113 The while adult playing with toys or unboxinh was what originally made me despise YouTube. It just creeps me out that these adults have nothing better to do other than play with kids toys. 
  • Options
    Umm did you guys see the thing where people were uploading videos on the kids channels of YouTube of Peppa pig like murdering the family? 
    I don't let V watch YouTube because I'm paranoid about that shit 
  • Options
    Oh looks like my link to the video got deleted. 

• Options
    @WinchesterGirl, my family had a couple of those handful of this,  pinch of that recipes and my Mom I guess sat down with her Mom and made her dump them into a bowl to try to get some actual measurements.   They are mostly for dumplings from my family! 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Spicyweiner I saw one for the mommy finger song where the fingers were guns and they were shooting the family. It was crazy because they had it in the middle and it was still the regular song. 

• Options
    Is this you tube kids too? I don't let her on regular you tube and haven't seen anything weird on you tube kids but yikes...
  • Options
    Yeah it was on kids YouTube. 
    A friend in my FB group from my daughters BMB posted it. 

• Options
    Oh I saw that Peppa Pig video too. So creepy and disturbing to know that those things aren't more closely monitored. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I haven't seen it but ive heard of disgusting things on YouTube like teaching kids to masturbate. One of the many reasons why my kid won't get an ipad/iphone for a present.
  • Options
    Ugh that sucks, I thought the kids one was a better option. She's always in the room with me when she's watching so I need to make sure this continues even when my hands are tied with a newborn! 
  • Options
    I just do Netflix 
  • Options
    I will never own a fake Christmas tree.

Real trees for lyfe!

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    I love the smell, but hate the pine needles everywhere. 
  • Options
    We use a fake tree that we love, but last year we helped set up, decorate, then take down our neighbors tree (he's 81) and he has beautiful hand blown glass ornaments, his theory was that the sharp needles keep unnecessary touching down lol. But I did get pricked hard enough to bleed a couple times throughout the process.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Some kinds are more prickly than others @kswiger06. I think it's Douglas Firs that look great could pretty much take an eye out. Frazier firs, H's favorite, aren't as bad. Real trees are super important to me. I've had a few people ask if I'll "bother" this year in my massive pregnantness and they get death glares. 
  • Options
    We have always had a real tree at home & carried on the tradition when i got my own house. I love the tradition of going to pick the tree, decorating it & the smell.  I dont love the bugs that emerge in the first few days & despite getting the kind that arent supposed to shed needles when it comes to taking it down & its a month old the needles go everywhere when removing the decorations. 
    Usually i hate taking down the tree & decorations cause it means Christmas is over but because there will be exciting things to come
    after christmas i dont think ill mind so much.
  • Options
    We go fake tree but that is because we leave for two weeks to my parents house. They have a real tree up there, so best of both worlds.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    I'm allergic to Christmas trees.  plastic is the new real
    Same here! While I am a bit sad I won't be taking my kids to pick out a tree I much prefer not feeling sick for the entire month of December! We'll find other traditions to make the holidays fun!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @marriedhamstermom we have a park around us where you ride a train to the North Pole to go see Santa and it's pretty much the best. We go at night time and the lights are all up and they have fake snow because sometimes it's 90 in December. 
  • Options
    We always had a fake tree growing up, my mom is allergic to pine. I am too. Hubby always had a real tree and was SUPER disappointed when I told him we had to do a fake because I'm so allergic to pine. But he's come around, he actually really likes the convenience of it now, no need to buy a new tree every year!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @PerraSucia that's a great idea. We have a train here that does a take on the polar express book so that might be something fun to do with a kid! Sadly we have plenty of real snow here in December usually. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    I love the idea of a real tree but I'm waaaaaay too lazy to pull the trigger. My prelit has had a strand out for like 3 years and I just turn it in the corner bc I'm that lazy. 

I am totally putting up all my Christmas stuff next weekend :) 
  • Options
    Well if @leslie1331 is doing it...I'm going to start getting out my Christmas stuff too! :D

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have to get my Thanksgiving stuff out first.  Respect the bird!  We are hosting Thanksgiving this year,  so it really needs to be done.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker