Trying to Get Pregnant

What's for Dinner?

What is something you have made recently that was tasty, easy, and had minimal cleanup?
Image result for yum gif
Image result for yum gif

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: What's for Dinner?

• Loading the player...
  • @antoto I love hot pot! That looks so amazing... I'm very jealous today!
  • SpongeWorthySpongeWorthy member
    edited October 2016
    @WillRunForWine21 I've been debating getting a spiralizer - thanks for the recommendation!  I had soooo many zucchinis in my garden this year and was running out of things to do with them, but I didn't pull the trigger.  Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas :)

edit: fixed tag
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy if you have a kitchenaid mixer they now make an attachment for that! its more expensive (the hand spiralizer is like 40 bucks, the attachment closer to 90) BUT it is a miracle and I have found a lot with that site/book that have sparked my imagination to create some yummy dishes
    Me: 32, DH: 31
    Together: 11/2008, married: 3/2014
    DH: Type 1 Diabetes, (dx 4/15) Celiac Disease (dx 11/14), Treatment induced Neuropathy of Diabetes (dx 7/15)
    DH SA: 11/16: low count and low motility
    DH SA: 12/16: borderline low, count and motility
    1/20/17: BFP, 1/24/17: CP
    5/17:low AMH (0.89)
    6/17: first IUI cycle, 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI: 2 follies, BFN (count 58 million, 97% motility)
    7/17: second IUI, 2.5 letrozole, OPK, IUI: 1 follie, BFN (count 9.5 million swimming- dont know percentage)
    8/17: third IUI, 5.0 letrozole, 

• @antoto Is that the same as pho?  I've been on such a pho kick - i've had it twice this week.  Whoops.

• Ohemgee said:
    @antoto Is that the same as pho?  I've been on such a pho kick - i've had it twice this week.  Whoops.

Nope pho is just soup served in a bowl.  Hot pot is something you actively cook and eat yourself while sitting at the table. You don't actually drink the broth that you use to boil the food for hot pot, you just eat the food.
  • @bumpybump Ooh, I love these! I make them in a muffin tin and call them meatloaf muffins. They reheat so well and you can make them such a great "clean out the fridge" dish. (Leftover carrots? Parsley? Celery? Mince it up and plop it in.) 

• Another one I love when I'm craving an Asian type dish but don't want to go through the work. 

Korean Beef
    Ingredients:
    1 lb lean ground beef
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1 Tablespoon sesame oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 – 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers (depending on how spicy you like it)
    salt and pepper
    1 bunch green onions, diced
    Rice, cooked
    Directions:
    Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown hamburger with garlic in the sesame oil. Drain most of the fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and red peppers. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions.

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Tonight for dinner we're having chicken pot pie. I made a few earlier this month and froze them. So it's a quick dinner tonight but not a quick recipe. I'll share one of my favorite quick dinners though. 

Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
    2 packets Ramen noodles
    Veggies (frozen stir fry veggies, broccoli, canned mushrooms, peas or whatever you have) about a cup or two
    Chicken or pork, about a cup or two (left overs or frozen work great)
    Onion
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon corn starch

Heat some oil in a pan and cook veggies. Season with garlic poweder, salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat more oil in same pan and cook meat and onion. Meanwhile cook Ramen noodles as normal. Simmer 1 cup water, Ramen seasoning packets and corn starch together a few minutes until thickened. Mix everything together and enjoy!

I hope that makes sense. I don't always follow recipes and just throw things together instead, so it can be hard to explain. Plus mobile typing.
    **TW**
    Me: 30  DH:30
    Together 2003, Married 2011
    DD: July 2005
    BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
    BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

• This is super simple but it's something my mom made when we needed a quick dinner or I wasn't feeling well so it brings back memories.

1 packet of Knorr butter noodles (or any other brand)
    Veggies - mushrooms, carrots (cut), celery, corn, etc

Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package
    About 5 minutes before they're done, throw in the vegies (or cook them in a separate pot)
    Mix all together when everything is done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Box of macaroni and cheese
    Ground beef
    Veggies like corn, mushrooms, celery (if you want to)

Cook macaroni and cheese like normal
    Cook ground beef in a skillet,
    Cook veggies in a pot

Mix all together when done. Feel free to add cream of mushroom soup for added flavor.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Box of macaroni and cheese
    Ground beef
    Veggies like corn, mushrooms, celery (if you want to)

Cook macaroni and cheese like normal
    Cook ground beef in a skillet,
    Cook veggies in a pot

Mix all together when done. Feel free to add cream of mushroom soup for added flavor.
    We do this but use a can of tuna and frozen peas topped with shoestring potatoes. 
    **TW**
    Me: 30  DH:30
    Together 2003, Married 2011
    DD: July 2005
    BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
    BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

• Great recipes! Just wanted to vouch for basically anything on budgetbytes.com. I use it all the time figuring out meals for the week. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • I made pulled pork enchiladas with creamy green chili sauce and homemade refried beans in my pressure cooker! Both were tasty! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @BertieMeetsGertie do you have an Instant Pot?

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• bumpybump said:
    @BertieMeetsGertie do you have an Instant Pot?
    I have a Cooks Essentials. My parents got it for me (from QVC I think). Pretty much the same thing as an instant pot. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• edited October 2016
    Ooh, so this is not dinner, but after spending way too much on takeout for the guys yesterday, this is so easy and fa-reaking genius!  I made these for lunch today.

PIZZA ROLLS!!! (Stromboli?)
    My MiL and Aunt make these for the girls, too, to snack on, with pepperoni, but we had ham, so I'm using that.

2 thin crust instant pizza crusts from the fridge section, pop-the-can type
    Plenty of mozzarella cheese
    Ham/pepperoni, whatever simple filling you like
    1 jar of your favourite jarred sauce, for dipping.

Preheat oven according to package directions (mine says 400°)
    Unroll the first dough into a simple rectangle that will fit in your pan lengthwise. ( best to work on a separate cutting board/work surface and transfer completed roll onto pan)
    Layer your shredded mozz generously.
    Layer your meat/ filling evenly (I made sort of a ham chiffonade lol)
    I was using two kinds of mozz, so I finished with an extra layer cut from the block.

Roll it up!  lengthwise, and try to seal the ends, so the cheese doesn't leak out and burn
    *Repeat the process for your second crust, and transfer both rolls to your greased baking sheet.*
    Bake until golden brown, approx 20 min.
    (Warm up sauce to serve on the side .)
    Let cool before cutting into ~ 1"- 1.5" slices and serve on a long platter.  Yum!

Just one tip though I learned from doing it today, with the ham, or other "wetter" toppings like spinach, mushrooms, etc. you may want to pat dry or press out the extra moisture so your roll holds together better.  lol  Mine were oozing a bit when I cut them, but oh sooo good!  I should have taken a picture! lol

**edited for clarity due to phone buggery**

ETA This looks like a similar, if somewhat fancier verson of what I did.  ;)
    https://www.simplyscratch.com/2014/06/homemade-stromboli.html