Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 10/28

2»

Re: WTO Friday 10/28

• Loading the player...
  • @khrun17 Usually FF will mark the second day as O if the OPK matches with temp.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Month/Cycle: 8

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: charting (temps, CM), pnv, b complex, maybe progesterone depending on results of bw. 

R/R: none, though I've lost a few lbs since starting the b vitamins and I'm def not complaining. 

CS/Q: Nah, nothing to see here. 

GTKY: When was the last time you had an aha / mind-blown moment? This happens to me a lot, but most recently.... I discovered that possum and opossum were two different animals. I didn't know opossum was a word (I thought people were saying a possum). This is similar to when I thought it was a (as in a single) stigmatism.... or someone was in acoma, acoma being the name of a condition. Sometimes you just need to see it in writing hahaha. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @NYTino24, that is so frustrating. Do you ever get pos OPKs? Maybe that temp drop is a crappy temperature.

@laurad75, wooowwww, I'm impressed with plane temping. Last cycle I used the excuse that my thermometer was too far away in my overnight bag to skip a day haha. 

@darkrose88 @hqinmd I like the VIP because of all the chart analysis/ stats you can obsess over in the TWW. Could be a pro or a con depending on your personality I suppose :)

And can anyone tell me if there's an easier way to tag than typing out the full name, maybe that will be my aha moment today lolol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Month/Cycle: 9 months, 2/2 TTCAL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Vitamin D, fish oil, CoQ10, BBT, CM, OPKs and HIO EOD/when we are in the same city starts tomorrow

R/R: I like this part of the cycle because it's the hopeful part of the cycle. It should work out that H's schedule will be perfect for this FW so that's good. 

CS/Q: Nothing. Just trying to stay entertained while I wait. 
    Image result for bored waiting gif

GTKY: When was the last time you had an aha / mind-blown moment?
    I guess the one thing I can think of recently was talking to the vet yesterday (took the dog in for his annual exam and a couple shots). We were asking him about what to do with his teeth because even though he's a big chewer, he seems to tend to plaque and we haven't been successful with brushing his teeth before. So he was explaining some other ways to work up to brushing his teeth (start giving the toothpaste just as a treat, then rubbing it on his teeth, then using the little finger brush on there) and it was one of those, "I am so stupid." moments. Duh. I should have figured that one out on my own. Oh well. Now we know!

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @nikkiandchris possum and opossum are different animals whaaat?? Update mind-blown moment!

and thanks to everyone for CM-related replies, I wait at least 12 hours between checks so hopefully that's enough time for ~things~ to pass.
    Me: 27 DH: 25
    Together: 08/08
    Married: 08/14
    TTC#1: 04/16
  • nikkiandchrisnikkiandchris member
    edited October 2016
    @tinyturtle yes! Opossums live in Australia and are much cuter than Possums. I am not sure of the plural on either of those words lol

Edit: Wait, that's backwards, Opossums are in the US, Possums in Australia 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KhRun17 no idea if I'm doing it right but I put positive if either of them are & write which one is in the notes

@shstephenson yay for puppies!

@NYTino24 @Pinky917 @Sailing_Mama @wabash15 @virginiaham thank you for all of the advice!

@WillRunForWine21 that's how I sing that song too!

@alysapuggles strep is the worst!  Feel better!

@nikkiandchris I had no idea they were 2 different animals!!!
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    edited October 2016
    @laurad75 Travel does not play well with charting. But it can still play alright with TTC. ;) I'm going to Vegas in a month. Did you happen to notice any places that would be good for a group dinner, preferably with a private room, fairly nice since this is a work function?

@purplg8r I HATE trying to manage groups of people I care about but I usually carefully keep separated. Ugh. But at a certain point, you just have to throw your hands up and let them all worry 'bout themselves.

@KhRun17 I think you can put both into FF. At least that's what I remember doing... I often use both. I would maybe do differently if Wondfos weren't hella cheap but they are so... And then once I feel like O is imminent, I'll do Wondfos a couple times a day. What @Saralee797 much more eloquently.

@shstephenson Re: Puppy. We require pictures!

@ahrains Hahaha. Your students are still fabulous. Sometimes they're also just little butt-covering liars. :)

@JuneRoseRuby Technically for OPKs, the line should be darker than the control. So that one's a negative. Usually I do a slow rise from pretty pale to maybe 50% control for a few days to one good dark day.

@Sailing_Mama What if you exclude yesterday but put in a temp the same as today's in for tomorrow?

@darkrose88 I really like the VIP features so I have it. Then again, maybe it only lets me indulge in BSC that I shouldn't be? But, it does give you more than three months of cycle/due date planning so there is that if your cycles are fairly regular and you're trying to plan schedules around future FWs.

@haylsbayls Unfortunately being so hydrated can make it really hard to get a positive OPK. It may be possible if you caught it at just the right time but it's tough. I had one cycle (100% certain I O'ed) that I never got a full positive because of that. In that case, I would just be sure to be right on the temping and to do the keep your Wondfos and tape them in a notebook together so you can see the change in comparison to the others. You could also just shift your water drinking some to more in the morning, less in the evening so your FMU is more concentrated.

Edit: Fixing wonky formatting.

TTC since Feb 2016
  • @kiki75 Thanks for the suggestion - I never thought about entering in a future date to see how that affected it. If I do as you suggested, it doesn't show CH, so I think I'll just exclude yesterday and hope that O is still coming, since DH will be home this weekend! 
  • @nikkiandchris I normally get 3 days of positive OPKs, but today's thread makes me think it will be a fallback rise and that I may have overhydrated.... Will do an OPK when I get home from dinner with the ILs and HIO just in case since DH hasn't a 24 tomorrow. Time will tell!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @wabash15 - somehow with our changing O dates we seem to still be hanging within a day or so of each other again! :) FX for you! 
    DH & I: 27
    Dating: 11/14/2010
    Married: 10/18/2014
    TTC April 2016
    BFP: 5/12/2016 ~ MC: 5/25/2016
  • Too late for the Checkin, but I can't resist the gtky: I saw a meme on FBI yesterday saying "slang" is short for "short language" no idea if it's true or why it's not SHlang then, but it makes sense!!!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @Kiki75 I struck out with all the restaurants we went to.  I know Vegas has a great culinary culture but I made some bad choices and the other nights were organized dinners that I was not impressed with.  Sorry I'm no help.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Buthayna well you know I'm saying schlang from now on. hahaha. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @laurad75 Info on which ones were bad is good too! Organizing group dinners is stressful and Vegas is pretty much the worst for them. Lots of great food to be had if money is no concern. :/

TTC since Feb 2016