February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 10/24/16

2»

Re: Symptoms Thread 10/24/16

• @MLROCHA I'm getting that cramping while peeing every night.  It's a struggle.  Walking around helps,  too. 

• @Xstatic3333 chocolate is supposed to make it worse.  :s
    LOL. That explains a lot actually since I've been going to town on shower cake leftovers. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My lower back has been killing me since I returned to work....sitting at the desk for so long.  Anybody have success with any of those cushions? 

• @Xstatic3333 Anything with caffeine can impact heartburn, including chocolate. However, a little chocolate syrup in my glass of milk has never made mine flare up, so YMMV. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • We're so in sync @concreteangell. FTR, I haven't found that coffee or spiciness triggers my heartburn so far. I also think the coffee is integral to keeping some of my other digestive functions going. What gets me is eating too much at once, letting myself get too hungry, pumpkin seeds (a healthy snack I enjoy), and that darn chocolate cake. I'm thinking it's a richness/fattiness issue.
  • We're so in sync @concreteangell. FTR, I haven't found that coffee or spiciness triggers my heartburn so far. I also think the coffee is integral to keeping some of my other digestive functions going. What gets me is eating too much at once, letting myself get too hungry, pumpkin seeds (a healthy snack I enjoy), and that darn chocolate cake. I'm thinking it's a richness/fattiness issue.
    You're so lucky. The second I down a cup of coffee, I need to pop a tums in my mouth!! Spicy food nearly kills me but I can't give it up, lol.

What triggers our heartburn must be somewhat different for all of us because I don't have a problem with heartburn when I eat "fatty" foods or over eat. I just get bloated as hell! 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @Patience7150 my reflux never went away after my last pregnancy. It eased up but I've been taking Zantac since I was pregnant with her. This pregnancy I have to take Tums as well.
  • madamerwinmadamerwin member
    edited October 2016
    Well, I have a new weird symptom, and therefore a visit to the midwife today... 

Starting late last week, I noticed a kind of sharp pain in my lower right side. It actually feels similar to the pain I would feel during ovulation before pregnancy, and I am fairly certain it's in the vicinity of my ovary. It's not constant; mostly when I get up/sit down, raise my right leg while standing. At first I thought it was gas pain, but it is always in the exact same spot, and it has not moved/gone away in almost a week. It has not increased in intensity over the past week, but it HAS increased in frequency. I was hoping it would go away on its own, but it doesn't seem to be, so I called my MW office yesterday.

The advice nurse didn't seem too concerned when I spoke with her, but since I have a history of ovarian cysts (and my sister had one during her last pregnancy), they're having me come in to get a checkup, and possibly an ultrasound to see what's going on. I am hoping it's not a cyst or anything else that could require surgical intervention, and maybe just scar tissue from my numerous pelvic surgeries. But ugh, it makes me nervous...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have noticed this week that I am ravenously hungry, almost every day. This is way beyond my normal "hangry" personality... for instance, I will get hungry at lunch, have a nice big salad with chicken, eggs, tons of nice veggies. Then an hour later I'm so hungry I feel like I didn't even eat lunch.

I have even on a few occasions this week felt simultaneously full and hungry, which I have never experienced before. I'm trying to space it out so I'm not overeating in one sitting, but if I'm still hungry in 30 minutes to an hour I'll eat something else.

This is a very odd turn from the last few months when I was rarely hungry, could hardly eat, and nothing sounded appetizing. It feels sort of like my body is trying to make up for lost time.
  • edited October 2016
    @Xstatic3333 I love chocolate too, and I've found that for me if I do my caffeine items in the morning, no heartburn issues. Any time after 3 PM and I will get heartburn. I have no idea why, but I seem to process it better in the mornings.
  • Sorry I disappeared, busy week.  My usual go to source has stopped listing categories and just listing general info.  All PPIs have the same info which is what I used to equate to Cat C.  I have always thought some of the classifications were off though-  Tums used to be Cat C(though now changed also).  I am in the camp that fetal development is well along and I need to sleep-  took lansporazole with all of my previous pregnancies and it was a life saver. 
    Thank you @scottipino.  I feel much better about having taken the lansoprazole,  now. 

• so many growing pains. i can really feel when this little guy is trying to become not so little. feels like constant pressure and cramping. never any spotting so i try not to worry. i am 24 weeks and all the charts say the next 4 weeks is a big growth time. but man it hurts. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • These fucking hemmies keep giving me a mini heart attack when I go to the bathroom and see blood. 
    Not cool, asshole. 
  • My feet have been really itchy. Tomorrow I go in for my 3 hour glucose test which they said actually takes four hours. And I will also be getting checked to see if I obstetric cholestasis. 

• The varicose veins in my calf are getting bigger. Boo. I wear compression socks, but they help very little with how much I am on my feet at my job.
  • I went to a rugby match last night & after standing
    for 2.5 hours on the terraces i have really sore hips.
  • I have my first migraine in months and it's been days of sucking 
  • So I left this morning for a kid/husband free target shop. Was so excited. Now I'm having the weirdest sensation in my legs. It's like restless leg syndrome but it's really bothering me while I walk... to the point where I'm just sitting on a bench in the store because it's too uncomfortable. This is a first for me. 
  • My hips are killing me at night. The pillow between the legs doesn't help. I'm anemic, but holding off on iron supplements as I already still struggle with constipation and have found nothing that work so to relieve it. I was anemic with my last and develope pica where I desperately wanted to eat nail polish! I literally had to keep myself away from it because the smell made me want to eat it so bad I wanted to cry. Crazy!
  • Ahhhh pica. I used to eat chalk and nailpolish during junior high.  I even had a preferred type of chalk that tasted better than the rest.  

• AfKash said:
    Ahhhh pica. I used to eat chalk and nailpolish during junior high.  I even had a preferred type of chalk that tasted better than the rest.  
    Wow, I never actually tried the nail polish, but I sniffed the shit out of it. Finally had to break away from that, hence why all nail play polish had to stay closed.
  • becks13-2becks13-2 member
    edited October 2016
    My left breast started leaking during sexy time this morning... I had no idea until my husband pointed it out. As a FTM that's the weirdest thing I've ever experienced. 
    That happened to my DH and I like two or three weeks ago when we were trying to have sexy time. I'm sure I don't have to describe what we were doing, but all of the sudden he was spitting and looking at me funny going, "are you lactating?" I had no idea since I hadn't even leaked before that. It was oddly embarrassing being a FTM also. Sorry if that was TMI >> <<
  • foxrosy said:
    @BeckS13 next time tell him to swallow not spit. That's liquid gold!  ;)
    I almost spit my coffee. 
  • foxrosy said:
    @BeckS13 next time tell him to swallow not spit. That's liquid gold!  ;)
    LOLOLOL I'm dying!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • These fucking hemmies keep giving me a mini heart attack when I go to the bathroom and see blood. 
    Not cool, asshole. 
    I had this problem in my first pregnancy & they were so bad after hours of pushing in labor. The Earth Mama Angel Baby brand Mama Bottom Balm cream felt so nice. (My Target sells it). Like a cool peppermint patty sensation for your sore butt! Love that stuff!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker