February 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change (10/27)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite animal? (Taken from Wednesday!) 

First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: Thursday Ticker Change (10/27)

• How far along are you? 
    25 weeks!
    How big is baby? 
    Cauliflower according to TB.
    Next Thursday 11/03 for my 1hr glucose test.
    Symptom changes? 
    Feeling baby girl kick a whole lot more!
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I'm out of coffee this morning :confounded:
    I'd say cats. I grew up with them and the cats I've had have always been so sweet and cuddly. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • How far along are you? 25 weeks

How big is baby? Cauliflower 

When is your next appointment? Nov 15 for glucose test

Symptom changes? So much back/neck pain!  I am NOT a sidesleeper ordinarily so avoiding sleeping on my back has me all out of alignment. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm soaking up every moment I can with DD in her last months as an only child. She is so excited to be a big sis, but she's been an only child for almost 7 years. She is such a kind, loving child, I know she will be the best sister. But right now I'm enjoying giving her extra love and attention. 

GTKY: What is your favorite animal? (Taken from Wednesday!) horses!  We have 4 of them that we love to ride. 

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    23 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Bunch of grapes or chinchilla 
    I just had my monthly check this morning and am waiting to get blood work right now for GD. Next Friday is the next appointment for an u/s to keep checking the length of my cervix.   
    Symptom changes? 
    Now that I've been trying to get in more activity (walking and prenatal yoga) my back pain has lessened. I'm also loving all the feels of baby moving as it becomes more and more. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I'm officially laid off as of December 31st, I had hope that I'd be able to stay in my job but there are no projects to work on. On the one hand it's nice to have some time off and I'll get full pay/benefits for 4 months plus severance but I wish it was starting in February so I'm not home for almost 2 months doing nothing. 
    I was obsessed with dolphins as a kid. We went to Mexico when I was 12 and I swam with the dolphins and told my parents that my life was complete and I could die happy. 

More recently I've been loving elephants since H and I went to Thailand on our honeymoon and went to this amazing sanctuary where we got to spend the day trekking with elephants. The nursery is going to be elephant themed!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 23 Weeks

How big is baby? Can of WD-40

When is your next appointment? Halloween for a Fetal Echo cardiogram. I'm ready to check on him :) 

Symptom changes? Hip/Back pain while trying to sleep. Extreme grumpiness from crappy sleep, lol.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I impulse-bought some double chocolate KitKats and candy corn on Tuesday, and my punk-ass husband took the whole bag of KitKats to work with him. He says I told him they were his. THAT NEVER HAPPENED!! They were awesome! I only had 3. *Insert dramatic disney princess crying here*

GTKY: What is your favorite animal? (Taken from Wednesday!) Our dog is pretty darn awesome, I'm going to have to go with her. Also, I am terrible at taking regular photos of her... bad sign for the kid to come :neutral:
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lafreeman21 I'm pretty sure when a guy says he thought we told them they could do something, it's because it's 100% straight up lies. My husband does that kind of stuff so I started stashing stuff lol. The other day, I poured a small glass of pepsi and let it sit there, then I drank straight from the bottle. When H went to get the rest I was ok with it because I kept my glass safe hahaha. Also my mil loves taking pictures, but she's not original with them at all and totally sucks at it. She kept buying newer nicer cameras and she only got worse. They always turn out blurry, she used to take a billion of our kids while trying to get a "good one". I'm not looking forward to that again, but all that's just to say that nobody can be as bad at pictures as her, so I think you will get great ones!! Lol :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    25 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Popped bag of microwave popcorn

November 15 and sometime before that I have to do the glucose test. I get to just show up whenever I feel like it. 

Symptom changes? 
    I'm tired again. And suddenly Hungry all the time. Nothing sounds good so I basically keep eating different foods to fill the feeling. It's weird.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    This is odd, but the baby will kick or hit way down so low that I keep saying it feels like he's coming through my vagina. **warning TMI*** so one night it was seriously unbearable pain and I thought seriously this baby is too low. So I stuck my finger up there to see if I could feel anything and sure enough he kicked my finger. I can feel him hitting me through my vaginal walls. It's not all the time, but is that normal? 

GTKY: What is your favorite animal? 
    I've always loved monkeys. Doesn't matter what kind. They are very fascinating. They are so smart and can learn amazing amounts of skills. It's pretty crazy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 This is traumatized me:

Does he move around if you move? I can sometimes convince tough guy to change positions if I lay on my back for long enough. Or maybe try head down with your knees on a chair for a bit? Maybe he just has a foot stuck down there?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lafreeman21 the pain is so insane I can't move. But maybe I'll try to get my body in more of an upside-down let gravity move him type of position next time. Yeah I said it was TMI and gross but after a while I thought geez what the heck is he kicking that I can feel it way down there. It actually made me wonder if we had sex, my husband would definitely feel that!!! No wonder guys get weird about sex and pregnancy. I like that though about elevating my legs, I'll try that next time for sure
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 It wasn't TMI for me, I'm just imagining that happening to me now, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited October 2016
    How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? grapefruit

When is your next appointment? Nov 3rd

Symptom changes? DH can feel baby kick now, pretty exciting!

Rant/Rave/Questions? I got a call that my OB is leaving my clinic. **tw** I'm pretty bummed since I've seen her through two miscarriages and with DS1 and DS2 **END of tw** I really like her. She even came and saw me after both babies where born on her time off. I don't really want to establish care with another doctor :( 

GTKY: What is your favorite animal? (Taken from Wednesday!) I love Alpacas! They are so cute and incredibly soft. 
  • 23 weeks
    Grapefruit
    11/18
    Tired and emotional, braxton hicks
    I've had a rough  week, and I chewed DH a new one for not helping me around the house, I've been tired n crabby n other than sometimes cooking he's been slacking with helping me clean up the house n I'm still working FT until Nov 17 at which pt I may start a new job...maybe. I just want a break! Tired of working FT, tho I got laid off effective 11/17, so unless I start a new job at the same company, that's taken care of in an unplanned way. Just a crab apple this week. 
    Hmm...fave animal.....that's tough....a white tiger? They're beautiful. I have a bunch of pets n luv them so its hard to pick a fav amimal