January 2016 Moms

Weekly Fitness Check In - Food Poisoning Edition!

maureenmcemaureenmce member
edited October 2016 in January 2016 Moms
So, in good news I already lost a pound this week!  In bad news, it's due to the worst food poisoning I've ever had.  Ugh.  We think it's norovirus that my husband and I got from someone sick who handled our food.  We both got sick at the same time Sunday night (my birthday - not fair!)  And Rose, our LO, started having diarrhea yesterday, and is home sick with dad, who is still not well enough to return to work.  So uh, fitness goals are mostly out the window this week and we're in survival mode, but I'm hoping the fact that I have only had a piece of toast since Sunday will guarantee at least another pound or two this week, haha.  (Trying to look on the bright side!)  Luckily, LO doesn't have any symptoms other than diarrhea so far and I'm really hoping it stays that way.  She's never been sick before so I'm a little worried.  :/

Anyway, I hope everyone else is having a much better week than I am and meeting all their healthy goals!  Now I'm gonna post my stats and sip some Gatorade!

SW: 215
CW: 209
Mini goal: 199
Pre Preg: 185
Long term goal: 150

Re: Weekly Fitness Check In - Food Poisoning Edition!

• mamadcbmamadcb member
    edited October 2016
    @maureenmce That's terrible! I'm so sorry and hope you are all feeling better soon. But hey, congrats on the weight loss :)

I have totally stalled. I weighed myself the other day and was up like 15 pounds. Clearly my scale is not accurate, but I don't know which number is closer to right-- the high or the low? It really shouldn't matter because I have plenty more to lose either way, but having no reliable feedback makes it hard for me to keep momentum. I'm scared to get on the scale again! Plus it's been rainy up here so I haven't been taking my morning walks. 

Here's to a better week ahead. 
  • SW: 225
    CW: 174
    Mini Goal: 170
    LT Goal: 149

@mamadcb I totally feel you. i suspect my scale is broken (sometimes it will vary by 5 pounds in 2 minutes) but I can't bring myself to use another in case I weigh even more...!

I wrote down my weight loss goal today, on paper. I got discouraged when I realized I still have 25 lbs to go to my goal weight, especially because a lot of the moms in our baby groups look thin and gorgeous now, and I'm still overweight. I actually weigh less than my pre-pregnancy weight but I wasn't happy then and only took break because I became pregnant. So I wrote down my goal with an "action plan", gave myself some reassuring thoughts about long term loss is best, and am feeling a bit better. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't check in last week...and almost didn't this week since I'm up three pounds. But, I have to stay accountable...right?
    SW: 206
    CW: 178
    Mini Goal: 175
    LT Goal: 160
    There have been a LOT of celebrations going on lately (birthdays, Halloween parties, a graduation...), so I fell a little off the wagon with my eating. I'm still eating healthy meals, but I've indulged in some desserts, and a few splurge-meals as well. I'm hoping this small setback will quickly be reversed as I get back on it! I also have been staying up late working on Halloween costumes (and not exercising), plus...I'm on my period, so none of those factors are helping! I've given up on working out this week as I finish up costumes, but I'm putting it in writing here that I will work out at LEAST four times next week. I hope to have a better report the next time I check in! 
  • nackienackie member
    edited October 2016
    I haven't checked in for a few weeks because either DS or I (or both of us) have been sick pretty much constantly since the beginning of the month.  I haven't been bothering to track my activity, try to watch what I'm eating, or weigh myself since that all takes way more energy that I have right now.  On the brighter side, I went in for a physical a few weeks ago and am officially back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  My dr asked if I was getting any exercise, but didn't seem surprised when i just laughed at her question.  Probably because she had also just asked about how he was sleeping. 
  • SW: 193 (weight at my postpartum visit)
    CW: 162
    Mini goal - 150
    Long term: 140

I have lost two pounds since last week! Didn't expect that, but I am not one to argue progress!!  

@maureenmce oh goodness! I hope you get to feeling better soon! I had food poisoning when LO was a month old and it WAS AWFUL.  Actually the husband had it as well :(