1st Trimester
Options

Symptoms questions

Hi there! My husband and I just decided to start trying, and I am a little confused by my possible symptoms. My periods are very irregular, for example my most recent periods were very light on 6/23 to 6/25, then normal flow from 7/14 to 7/21, then 8/21 to 8/26. Nothing since then. My period tracker app said I should have expected my next one around 9/25, but with the irregularity it is basically impossible to tell for sure. 

We had unprotected sex on 9/25, 9/27, 9/29, 10/2 and 10/3. I noticed my breasts hurt on 10/2 and they haven't stopped since. I've been uncharacteristically moody, got nauseous a couple times but only for a couple minutes at a time, and I have this weird feeling in my tum. Not really like period cramps, I'm not sure how to describe it. Almost like I'm flexing my lower abs all the time, but I'm not. 

My question is, for you ladies who experienced these symptoms, how long after they started did you get your BFP? 

Since I really have no clue when my 1st day of my missed period would have been, I am going crazy. I've taken 3 tests, and all were negative so far. I'm sure I've probably jumped the gun with the tests, but I'm very impatient! I have 1 left before I have to buy more and I want this one to count! 

Re: Symptoms questions

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, you're pregnant. Is that what you're looking for? Of course, I'm not God or a magician and neither is anyone else on this forum and none of us can look into your uterus. But I'll tell you yes to make you feel good because that's all anyone can do who is not a doctor or midwife actually giving you an ultrasound or blood test. 

I'm always genuinely curious when people post these what they're trying to find out and what sort of answer they expect to get. 
  • Options
    Just adding. On TTGP you posted that you're "new to the site", but your bio says you joined more than 3 years ago. So....
  • Options
    Asking if you're pregnant (even in a round about way) is still against TOU.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Everyone is different so don't worry too much about the symptoms this early on, I would say.  For me the first symptom was feeling just weirdly uncomfortable - I was in my husbands car, and I felt ever swivel or bump in the road , it was uncomfortable and unusual.  One day later, I started peeing "pregnantly".  You know, it comes out a bit slower than usual because of all the possible congestion in the area.  Not painful or anything, just comes out slow.  That's when I took the test and it was positive, but it wasn't even 4 weeks then.  I was 3w4d at that point.  So very early, and at that point it wasn't even a viable pregnancy, so could have gone either way. 

My mom reportedly threw up twice a day from 4 weeks onwards for 5 months.  I had none of it.  

So my advice is, dont worry too much and dont try to see or not see symptoms - if you are trying, just act like you are pregnant (no alcohol, vitamins take care, rest a lot) already.  Dont worry about mild cramps - they are normal! and good luck :)
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)