October 2016 Moms
Options

Gifts for first-time Daddy, from first-time Mommy and baby

DH and I are expecting the first addition to our family at the end of December; it's been a rough pregnancy (we were having twins, but lost one around 20 weeks, and our surviving baby's brain isn't growing properly--likely an effect of losing his brother through TTTS--so he may have some developmental delays, among other possibilities).  DH has been absolutely amazing through the whole thing. He's been to every single appointment with me, kept a level head no matter what got thrown at us, been there to comfort me and to pull me back to a stable mind frame whenever I've needed it, handled the more pragmatic conversations with doctors, taken over most of the household chores, etc, etc.

I want to get him a little something to show how much I appreciate everything he's done during my pregnancy, and everything I know he's going to do after our little guy gets here, but I don't know what. He's not into sports, he doesn't really go out with the guys, isn't much of a TV watcher, doesn't wear jewelry, barely carries a wallet, doesn't have a desk at work...so basically, he's the hardest person on the planet to shop for. He IS into music (he went to school for it) and video games, though. I was thinking maybe I could get him and baby matching outfits--onesie for baby, t-shirt for daddy--but I feel like he'd think that was super cheeseball. 

Any suggestions on a small, thoughtful gift from Mommy and baby to Daddy?

Thanks!
Linds
Lindsay

Re: Gifts for first-time Daddy, from first-time Mommy and baby

• Options
    UponAStar16UponAStar16 member
    edited October 2016
    I'm sorry for your loss. Nah, I gave him the gift of being a dad so that was enough imho. A lot of people here in O16 are busy and not bumping as much because most have had their babies, but searching TB in general for threads on gifts or checking with your December BMB would probably generate more ideas

ETA: just FYI a Trigger Warning would probably be considerate when going to other boards and posting about losses
  • Options
    agreed. i'm very sorry for what you have been through, but a warning would've been nice. as someone who has experienced multiple losses thar would have been appreciated. 

also, the internet has something called google. a quick search would've given you the answer you need. this group is a community of women who have all just had or are probably currently in labor and have been supporting each other for 9-10 months, and your random special snowflake daddy gift post is going to get zero love. 

and third, it's great your husband is supportive,  but why should anyone reward a man for doing what he should do in the first place. my husband has been absolutely amazing through this entire process, however, he got the gift of being a father, where is MY gift? 

tl;dr: NO. use google. put a trigger warning. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lol @kate08young i love that you just posted that. i figured she couldn't be any type of regular coming in here like this. 
  • Options
    mrszoessmrszoess member
    edited October 2016
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    Give him a BJ.

+1 Google. +1 Trigger Warning. 
     :D 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    edited October 2016
    We are a community, a family here. We've been supporting each other since the beginning. Whoever is reporting someone because you don't like that they told the truth, not cool... 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    Give him a BJ.

+1 Google. +1 Trigger Warning. 
    Hahaha
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    baaahahahaha @allythekid