Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Blood and clots question

I started spotting on the 10th, m/c confirmed two days later (missed, was supposed to be 8 weeks but was measuring 5). On the 15th I passed a large, nearly baseball sized clot but was too out of it (depression issues) to take it out of the toilet or examine it, I deeply regret this now. Over the next two days I passed silver dollar sized clots and lumps that were more firm. Since then (for the last week) I've only had light bleeding and lots of mucousy brown and red gunk. Tonight I passed a hard lump that looked and felt like a turkey heart. It bled heavily when I poked it and smelled terrible. Would this be the placenta? I go tomorrow for an ultrasound to track everything but I'm confused since I thought I'd already passed everything. Thanks all ❤️
                                      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                 Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                     "Squishy" 2007
                                                       "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                        "Fishy" 2012
                                                                        "Bean" 2014
                                                         "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                   "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                            1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                      Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                          Pancolitis

Re: Blood and clots question

• Options
    When you go to your doctor's appointment, definitely mention that there was a foul smell. I had the D&C, but my discharge papers noted that a foul smell would be a sign of concern (may be normal for a natural m/c, but I'd ask the doctor to be safe). As for the clots, my doctor said not to worry unless it was "larger than a grapefruit or softball." 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16
  • Options
    @sqfibemom. I hope your us went well. 

So odd that different doctors have different ideas on clot size. When I called on call the day after taking miso she said to call again if clots are bigger than a quarter !
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. The ultrasound went fine. No obvious signs of things left behind. We are on day 17 of bleeding now and I'm so over it so hopefully my doc tomorrow will have some options. Still turning pregnancy tests positive too so that sucks (thank goodness for ICs). I told the doc at the ultrasound place about my stinky clot and he said mention it to my doc and go to the ER if I pass any more clots or the bleeding becomes excessively heavy.

@SP128 after I had my other children I was told to tell them about any bigger than a baseball but with my miscarriages I was told ANY size clot if I hadn't been passing clots for a few days.

I just want to know when this is all going to end. My first two losses lasted a week maybe, this is coming up on three weeks now and it isn't slowing down.
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    @sqfibemom, that's so discouraging that the bleeding isn't stopping. I hope they have answers for you tomorrow (and please update us). I had a D&C a week ago. Only spotting today, but I'm living in fear of the heavy bleeding and clots returning (Monday was AWFUL). I just want it to be over too. 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16