January 2017 Moms

Weekly Bitch Fest! 10/24-28

2»

Re: Weekly Bitch Fest! 10/24-28

• I start my work day at 8:30 a.m. every day, and most of my team is located on the east coast, so they are an hour ahead. We have a daily meeting right when I get in every single day via phone call. Today, I called in and literally sat there for 5 freakin' minutes being the only person on the line. No email, no message saying we weren't having our call. It's just rude. I have other things I could be doing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @emy730 RAGE!  I hate it when people flake out on scheduled meetings, especially when it's the first or last one of the day and you could have been doing something else (or napping!). A pox on them!
  • Loading the player...
  • @emy730 Oh not cool. How many people are on your team? Did you find out what happened? I'm a remote employee on EST who works with PST people so I sympathize in reverse (I hate when people forget I'm EST and try to schedule calls at 2-4PM PST, when I should be done for the day), but hearing the opposite perspective now makes me want to be all the more cautious with scheduling morning meetings.
  • So I'm contacting those who haven't RSVP'd for the shower yet (next Saturday) I am getting several "Yeh I'll be there, btw I'm bringing *insert person I don't know*"
    What am I gonna say? No?? But like..... come on people. It's starting to add up and food is expensive!
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Who brings people the shower recipient doesn't know to a shower?! That's so bizarre! 
  • HJMorgan said:
    So I'm contacting those who haven't RSVP'd for the shower yet (next Saturday) I am getting several "Yeh I'll be there, btw I'm bringing *insert person I don't know*"
    What am I gonna say? No?? But like..... come on people. It's starting to add up and food is expensive!
    I'd speak with whoever is hosting and if they're not thrilled about it, tell the person that you're sorry but the shower is invite-only and due to budget restraints there is no wiggle room on that. 
  • canavara said:
    @emy730 Oh not cool. How many people are on your team? Did you find out what happened? I'm a remote employee on EST who works with PST people so I sympathize in reverse (I hate when people forget I'm EST and try to schedule calls at 2-4PM PST, when I should be done for the day), but hearing the opposite perspective now makes me want to be all the more cautious with scheduling morning meetings.
    There are 6 of us total. And no, I never figured it out. No one responded to my email, other than one person to say she was on a shoot. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • HJMorgan said:
    So I'm contacting those who haven't RSVP'd for the shower yet (next Saturday) I am getting several "Yeh I'll be there, btw I'm bringing *insert person I don't know*"
    I'd speak with whoever is hosting and if they're not thrilled about it, tell the person that you're sorry but the shower is invite-only and due to budget restraints there is no wiggle room on that. 
    @karaelaine1991 My mom is hosting, and unfortunately she is worse than I am when it comes to being able to tell people 'no'..... Lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HJMorgan Ugh. I was in that drama last week (which makes sense because our showers are the same day). Apparently everyone just assumed they could bring their children. Um it's a Saturday from 12-3 at a nicer restaurant party room. Why would you assume you should bring your 2 year old, 4 year old, or 7 year old? Not only would that mean children running around but that's also extra plates for my mom to buy (it was a significant amount too, like 10-15). Luckily my mom is the stereotypical Italian mother and shut it down. Plus now with my restrictions, people are definitely understanding. 
  • hjmorgan-2hjmorgan-2 member
    edited October 2016
    @christac1010 Ha! Nice! I tried to assume people would bring their kids and included them in my head count. BUT, some people are bringing like... their aunt.... or GRANDKIDS.... and I'm just like.... what?? Lol.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HJMorgan ummm no, that's so weird! I am with you though. I would have a hard time saying no but would be so uncomfortable having someone I don't know there. Also, I would feel really awkward being that person. 

@christac1010 I'm sure bedrest gets old after like 24 hours. But you are doing exactly what baby needs you to do!  
  • @HJMorgan my favorite so far is "I'm bringing my 4 cousins who will be in town that day." Wth? Thanks for letting me know 3 days beforehand.

I'm confused and irritated because I would never just bring someone who wasn't invited. Luckily my mom is just rolling with it.
  • @hayhay87 Woo hoo!!!!!! Back it up like 5 times!!! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hayhay87 OMG YAY!! Sooo happy for you!

Like @AlicjaB back it up! back it up!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HJMorgan and @AlicjaB oh believe me- DH's IT department has loaded it onto google drive and we're literally buying 4 flashdrives tonight (two of which are for our parents, but better to keep them in several locations...).  Lesson learned- do not yank a flashdrive out without safely ejecting!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry I'm so late to the party this week! Work has been killing me but I just hired an additional person for my team which I get more time to Bump lol. 

@mudderbear I hope everything is OK and no surgery was needed! FX for you. 

@cabu14 I definitely hear you on feeling stressed about budget and finances especially with our dues dates fast approaching. With my DD1 I sat my DH down, showed him the budget & showed him an exact number of what was NOT going to be coming in (my income for the 8 weeks I took off). I think this really helped because he could actually see where the money or lack there of was going. We always talked about it but I don't think he really understood until I broke off the books and showed him. Hoping you guys are able to figure everything out! 

My BF -- My grandmother (my dad's side) is not coming to my Sprinkle because she will feel awkward. My parents have divorced since DD1 was born. I told her it would be no big deal but she refuses.. so lame. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• @hayhay87 I'm so happy for you!! Now make a couple copies! 
  • Not really a Bitch Fit but.... I purchased this mug today on Amazon for me and my BFF Super excited! Being a mom to soon to be 5 Boys this rings so true for me!!!

Resting Btch Face Mug -15oz Ceramic Mug - Funny Mug - Novelty Gift - Funny Gift Idea - Gift Idea For Friend

• You know what's fantastic? When your toddler throws a tantrum beyond all tantrums while grocery shopping to the point that the manager is trying to help you shop and check out just to get you out of the store and people stop and stare and point. YES my child is flipping out. Your staring and pointing is SO FREAKING HELPFUL. 
    Ugh. Go about your day. Ignore the pregnant lady with the screaming toddler. We're good. Move along. 

Also fantastic? When said tantruming child pinches your flu shot injection site. Omggggg feels great. 
  • @katesmama0706 First of all, I'm sorry that your child was being a terror. Second, I'm sorry that people were assholes and staring and pointing. I hate when people do that... it's so rude! Here's hoping your day looks up!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @katesmama0706 that's the worst!! My DD was so awful yesterday. She refused to nap and the whole afternoon was a giant tantrum. The day ended with chili thrown all over the wall and floor. Hate those days. 
  • Found out yesterday that I failed the 3 hour glucose test. Had a mini meltdown at work I just could not handle the news at the time. Picked up my glucometer yesterday afternoon now I am waiting on a referral with a nutritionist. I feel so overwhelmed with everything. Luckily my DH has been very helpful and telling me that everything will be ok.
  • My two year old decided 4am was a good time to wake up. He fell back asleep for maybe an hour before waking up again and loudly singing Old McDonald for the next hour. Wtf buddy, go to sleep! Now he's up for the day and will no doubt be a disaster by the time 9am rolls around. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My two year old decided 4am was a good time to wake up. He fell back asleep for maybe an hour before waking up again and loudly singing Old McDonald for the next hour. Wtf buddy, go to sleep! Now he's up for the day and will no doubt be a disaster by the time 9am rolls around. 
    I'm right here with ya @nolemomma14. DD woke up at 5:30 after not going to sleep until 11:00p last night. WTF? How are you awake, kid???

Pregnancy Ticker

• My MIL had told my DH that she was having surgery to remove a tumor from her colon this Thursday so we decided to sleep over tonight and spend today with her...come to find out her surgery is now scheduled on November 14th and now she can't make it to my shower on the 19th...I'm sad that she won't be there but more annoyed that my husband made us sleep over last night instead of just driving the hour and a half drive to see them today because I normally cannot sleep in their house before I was pregnant so or course I am sleep deprived and grumpy right now.

i woke up at 3 and finally fell back asleep at 5 and stupid hubby's alarm was on full blast and went off at 6 and so I got maybe 3 hours of sleep if lucky while he was snoring away all night and tells me kindly oh hunny just go back to sleep, you don't have to be up. You don't think I would be asleep if I could? Haha wait until the baby wakes you up after he's born cause he's been having a dance party ever since your annoying alarm woke him up as well  :p
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm not sure who this BF is aimed at because it's totally out of my control and I'm going to sound like I'm whining... I was supposed to take my son to Disneyland today, just a mommy and son day, but he's running a fever and is really sad we can't go. He even tried to tell me he's not sick. So now, we're at home all day and I'll be dealing with a sick toddler and a sick husband... yay!!! 
  • KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited October 2016
    My husband has something against buying anything for this baby until after the shower (we literally have 3 showers!) anyway. He was ok with crib, dresser, car seat and stroller. Anything beyond that he just cannot and tells me to wait. Everyone has such cute baby clothes already and all i have to show is a darn stroller and a picture of a crib (it's on back order but hopefully in within the next week). Gaaah. I just want to buy baby clothes...i get it though, I do.. but still...let me buy one set of pajamas and I'll calm down.
  • @nlewis0819 sad news! Sorry to hear that!

@KarliQ88 my husband is the same way. We're having one shower but he won't let me buy even a tube of diaper cream. I will admit I've bought some onesies and a couple blankets because there was a clearance sale at Carters. His excuse was he didn't want a bunch of stuff just sitting around for months and months. However, my sister bought us our glider chair and we had to set it up incase it was broken and we had to return it (30-day return policy). That's all we have though. No crib, stroller, or car seat yet!

I talked to him and said that it was okay that we are postponing but I want everything set up and ready to go by Nov 31 and he agreed with that. Once my shower happens (this weekend) I'll get to get all the baby things. <3

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KarliQ88 - DH and I didn't see eye to eye on that either. He really wanted to wait until after our showers to buy anything but I told him After two years of trying for our take home baby and buying things for other people's babies I really wanted to buy something for my own - so I bought several sleepers that I really loved (dinosaur Jammies are my weekends!) and he just had to get over it lol. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I went to the flower shop in Shop Rite this weekend to order balloons or DDs 2nd bday party on 11/12.  The woman made a joke about how she hopes I "make it to the party" and then asked when I as due.  She looked horrified when I told her 1/3/17.  

BabyFetus Ticker

• I too need to give him a deadline then. I just don't want to be 9 months pregnant running around trying to get stuff we didnt get at the showers. Especially during the crazy holiday shopping. My showers are this weekend (1 saturday and 1 Sunday) then 1 is next weekend. So after that he has zero say!! Nope...not doing baby shopping in December. Way to crazy. I think Amazon will be my saving grace (besides clothes. I want to go pick those).
  • So this was the conversation I had with one of my coworkers this morning... he actually stopped dead in his tracks and was like, "Wow! You're huge!" I was taken aback. Like, seriously?! You see me everyday! Then I mention I have about 10 more weeks and he says, "Where are you going to put it all?!" Thanks... Luckily one of our female coworkers finally said, "just go in your classroom. Stop talking." I've been getting all kinds of comments lately! Thanks people...
  • I'm getting really, really irritated with my dad right now. I love the man so very much, but he dawdles worse than anyone I know about everything. He's been fitting in working on our upstairs in between his own work for like a year and a half. And something always seems to come along to muck it up.

Well in July, he finally came and fixed all the door jambs, painted them and got them ready for new doors and hardware. He bought all the new trim and baseboards and took them home to get them to the painter. The painter was having issues all summer because of the humidity levels being ridiculous (which they were, I will admit that), so he told my dad he was going to wait until September. I was fine with that as I don't want the baseboards being all gross.

Well it's almost November, and I asked my dad when he thought he'd be over to finish the new baby's room. He tells me that the painter hasn't gotten to my stuff yet. UMMM, what?! It's been 2 freaking months! And there's a definite deadline of a flippin' baby! He said he was going to call him again and figure it all out, but I'm so annoyed. Just make him get them done, or find another painter. 

I'm just ready for my house to be (almost) done. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been having terrible back/ribcage pain for a few days now.  H rubbed my back on Saturday and it helped, on Sunday but now it is back again. I have s prenatal massage booked for tomorrow. I'm just so bitchy because nothing is really helping and I feel like it is payback from having an easy first and second trimester.