February 2017 Moms

UO Thursday!

Re: UO Thursday!

• I don't like RHCP, but I do like Sublime. 
    Noooooo!  Growing up in OC Sublime was everywhere, ugh!

Also +1 to always having matching bras/undies.  I'm a lingerie addict and can't wear mismatched, need everything to be a set.
    How can you grow up in OC and not like Sublime?? 
    But now I'm curious where in OC, cus me too! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to match my under wear and bras a long time ago. Now, it's all I can do to occasionally throw out the undies with the elastic coming out. Im currently rocking mismatched socks. Same kind but different colored stripes. These UO are so interesting today! Im trying to think of one myself but so far I got nothing. 
  • @Spicyweiner I grew up in Irvine - don't judge :)  You?
  • @Spicyweiner I grew up in Irvine - don't judge :)  You?
    Anaheim, and not the hills  :p
  • I also never liked Blink 182, No Doubt, or the Offspring - all of which staples in my OC high school experience!
  • I also never liked Blink 182, No Doubt, or the Offspring - all of which staples in my OC high school experience!
    Don't worry, these were also staples of my frigid New England high school experience. I liked Tragic Kingdom when it came out, but I was super young then. Other than that I'm with you on all three. 
  • joyful08 said:
    My UO: I do not like Disney World, and I think it's  overpriced and overrated. DH and I currently have a pact that we will not take our kids there unless they are old enough to find out about it on their own, and ask to go.

Also I think calling it the happiest place on earth is a joke; I have seen tons of screaming, overtired children in that place. 
    My heart hurts reading this one. DH and I are actually leaving in the morning to go to Disney for a few days! I love it there so much more as an adult. Although I can definitely understand the hate towards it. I'm sure once we take our kids there it won't be as fun as just the two of us. DH and I hardly wait in line at all because of their new fast pass system and we booked the hotel back in April when they had their fall sale going on so we are going for a great price! I am a big Disney fan. :)
    My dad is rabidly anti-Disney, so we never went as kids until I was 14 or so when my mom had a conference in Orlando anyway and took us along. Didn't particularly impress me.

However.

A few months ago I stumbled upon an ad for a Disney cruise with the stops at different islands etc and I was like we need to go NOW. Of course it's expensive as f*ck but I can dream, right?
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• joyful08 said:
    My UO: I do not like Disney World, and I think it's  overpriced and overrated. DH and I currently have a pact that we will not take our kids there unless they are old enough to find out about it on their own, and ask to go.

Also I think calling it the happiest place on earth is a joke; I have seen tons of screaming, overtired children in that place. 
    My heart hurts reading this one. DH and I are actually leaving in the morning to go to Disney for a few days! I love it there so much more as an adult. Although I can definitely understand the hate towards it. I'm sure once we take our kids there it won't be as fun as just the two of us. DH and I hardly wait in line at all because of their new fast pass system and we booked the hotel back in April when they had their fall sale going on so we are going for a great price! I am a big Disney fan. :)
    My dad is rabidly anti-Disney, so we never went as kids until I was 14 or so when my mom had a conference in Orlando anyway and took us along. Didn't particularly impress me.

However.

A few months ago I stumbled upon an ad for a Disney cruise with the stops at different islands etc and I was like we need to go NOW. Of course it's expensive as f*ck but I can dream, right?
    DH and I just happened to find a good priced Disney cruise for our first anniversary. They had lowered the price because it was only a few weeks away and over Mother's Day. IT. WAS. AMAZING. Way better than going to the parks. There was so much adult only stuff that we didn't feel out of place not having kids. They treat you like royalty. We had been on a carnival cruise for our honeymoon and the two didn't even come close to comparing. But I totally agree the cruises are normally ridiculously expensive! 
  • Idk how you can be from OC and not love ND
  • I know!!  But I am a total dork with hippie parents and I grew up listening to The Band, CCR, Beatles, Stones, etc. etc. so I def didn't fit in with my friends on musical tastes at all.  
  • I looooove disney. I am okay with all u guys not liking it because that means it will be less crowded for me :) I try and go every other year to either disneyland or disneyworld. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @krob I take no offense I am that kind of girl - and I'll take it as a compliment!!  :*
  • I didn't know matching bras and undies was actually a thing... Well my DH doesn't care, if he's looking at my undies they aren't on long enough to matter I guess!

I do wear mismatched socks sometimes but not on purpose If I was lazy when doing laundry and didn't match them and then am running late I just grab two and go. All my socks are bright neon colors which I'm probably getting too old for but idc. If you're going to judge me on my socks then judge away, I don't have time to worry about those opinions.

I've never been to Disney :( My parents made us go on educational vacations like Gettysburg. I mean they threw some fun in there too but nothing like Disney. I hope we can take our kids someday but I guess I survived so they will too if we can't swing it.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I've been to Disneyland and DisneyWorld but only for very brief trips. Didn't hate it, didn't love my little sister whining. What I will say is absolutely magical is the Disney Cruise! We went when I was a teenager, and I had a blast. I Definitely plan on taking my kids on that. Why? Because they have onboard daycare that has fun kids activities, and an entire deck for adults only. Yes, I don't mind if I do book a spa day while my kids have tea with Cinderella. 
  • +1 to not being in to designer anything. The cheaper, the better. Ross for life.
    I don't care too much about brands but I buy well made leather designer purses bc they last so much longer. I'd rather pay $$$ for a purse that  will last 10 years than $$ for a purse that lasts a season. Even cheap purses cost 35! 

That being said, Dillards new year sale is the way to buy purses around here. 70% off Brahmin? YES PLEASE!
  • The socks and undies conversation is cracking me up.  I only wear black socks and black or nude undies.  Goes with everything.
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger we just took LO to Disneyland for the first time and I felt the exact same way! Standing in line with a screaming toddler for an hour and a half to ride Dumbo for 2 minutes was a joke!
  • Disney is amazing, we just got back yesterday. Dd has been 3 times and she is 18 months. It is so kid friendly and pregnant people friendly. As long as you use the fastpasses your wait in line is minimal. It was nice to take dd somewhere before she was walking and take her on rides. And Disney cruises are top notch. They don't compare to anyone else, it's the old saying, ' you get what you pay for'.

In regards to matching undergarments, that ish never happens unless it is coincidence. I am weird about my pj tops matching my underwear though. 
  • I don't think I've ever matched my bra and panties, like EVER. I have to get my bras at plus sized stores simply because my tits have always been HUGE -_-. I'm not a small girl per say, but underwear at plus sized stores usually doesn't fit me and it's way too time consuming and expensive to find single pairs of underwear to match up to bras so I just buy Fruit of the Loom 6packs and go with that XD

My UO regarding Disney would be... I hated The Lion King. Least favourite Disney movie ever, and I get such cock-eyed looks when I say that.  Simba was a really annoying character for me and I could never get into the story, even when I was little.
    My experience with Disneyland was an awesome one, but that was because I was eight years old and it was literally 20 years ago, lots has changed since then I imagine. My only lament was that as a little girl I didn't run into a single Disney Princess, not ONE. How the hell did that even happen?
  • @kswiger06 YAAAAAAAAS I CAN'T WAIT.
  • I also hate the word panties!! Also almost all my underwear is black like my soul.

i went to junior high in Irvine @MissMerciBeaucoup but then we moved to placentia. I think I'm older then you though. 

• @PerraSucia that's awesome - I went to Venado for junior high and I'm 35  :)
  • @TeacherMom2517 That makes me boil with rage! OMG leave your kid's genitals off the internet! And it is way worse th at it wasnt her own kid!
  • @PerraSucia that's awesome - I went to Venado for junior high and I'm 35  :)
    OMG if you guys knew each other that would be amazing. 
    Also, you need to meet up with us @MissMerciBeaucoup
    We're kind of alright people 
  • Yes please @SpicyweinerI want to be in the cool girls club and would love to meet up with you guys!!!  I need mom friends!!  
  • Yes please @SpicyweinerI want to be in the cool girls club and would love to meet up with you guys!!!  I need mom friends!!  
    I'll pm you! 
  • PerraSuciaPerraSucia member
    edited October 2016
    @MissMerciBeaucoup  i was lakeside! And The same year