February 2017 Moms

UO Thursday!

I haven't seen it yet, so...

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: UO Thursday!

• Loading the player...
  • I think music today is horrible. I would much rather listen to 90's and early 2000's. 

And I am in the same boat as @NiceyMeany
    I think this will be rather popular. 

• My UO: I do not like Disney World, and I think it's  overpriced and overrated. DH and I currently have a pact that we will not take our kids there unless they are old enough to find out about it on their own, and ask to go.

Also I think calling it the happiest place on earth is a joke; I have seen tons of screaming, overtired children in that place. 
    Yes! 
    H wants to take V and I'm like eeeerrrrrr nah.....

• My UO: I do not like Disney World, and I think it's  overpriced and overrated. DH and I currently have a pact that we will not take our kids there unless they are old enough to find out about it on their own, and ask to go.

Also I think calling it the happiest place on earth is a joke; I have seen tons of screaming, overtired children in that place. 
    Yes! 
    H wants to take V and I'm like eeeerrrrrr nah.....
    Don't do it! Resist the urge!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Double barf to RHCP. I'm guessing you like sublime too. 

Also kids melt down everywhere. Disney is magical. 
    Nope. Hate Sublime actually. RHCP music is just funny to me. I can karaoke a mean "Give it Away Now"
  • I still remember the times my parents took us to Disney as some of the best vacations. While overpriced, I do think it is something I want my kids to experience at least once!
  • tishb said:
    Double barf to RHCP. I'm guessing you like sublime too. 

Nope. Hate Sublime actually. RHCP music is just funny to me. I can karaoke a mean "Give it Away Now"
    I want to hear you do this, no wait I really want to see a pregnant lady sing this!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lfrank12 said:
    I still remember the times my parents took us to Disney as some of the best vacations. While overpriced, I do think it is something I want my kids to experience at least once!
    Completely this, i first went to florida when i was 11 & went back with a friend when i was 19 & they were 2 of my best holidays ever! Ive been to the paris one aswell with my husband and definitely want my child to experience it. 
  • I'm mid-range on Disney. I like it, it's fun, and I want to take my child there one time when he is between the ages of 5 and 7 (depending on maturity and walking ability). We're lucky to have a couple of options of cheap places to stay in Orlando. I'm not obsessed with it, I don't buy adult-sized Mickey gear, and I don't think I'll take him there multiple times. I like to travel to all sorts of different places and want to drag the offspring along with me if we're able to continue doing so in the future. 

I do have a weird ambition to run the Disney World Marathon. I think it would be a fun experience, and it's slower-runner friendly (I like to run long distances at a turtle's pace). H has talked me out of it for the time being because for that cost we could do a week in Ireland or something like that but it's on the to-do list for the future.

IMO, and I recognize that music is totally subjective, RHCP are the worst. I've seen them live a couple of times when they were on bills with bands I enjoy and they sounded really weak. I do like some of their really old stuff okay, but in their current state? Nah. 
  • My parents never took me to Disney but we had other awesome vacations. I went to disney when i was 23 for the 1st time.

I won't take my kids bc it is SO overpriced. 

My UO is that I dislike all amusement parks. I worked in the complaint dept (" Guest Relations") for Six Flags and I know a lot of gross stuff that happens in those places-- kinda poisoned the well.

I would high-five you so hard on this if I could. My H's family (not my H, for the record) is weirdly obsessed with Disney, and I DO. NOT. GET IT. Like, they've gone on family vacations to Disney even in the last few years, even though all of his siblings are in their 20s (only one of whom has a child, just born six months ago).
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • kswiger06 said:
    tishb said:

I want to hear you do this, no wait I really want to see a pregnant lady sing this!! 
    I haven't done it this pregnancy, but it has been done  :D
  • My UO: I don't really love pizza. I will eat it if it's the only option, but it's generally not something I would choose if given other choices... Once in a while pizza is great, but I don't understand how people eat it on a regular basis.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Vastra said:
    kswiger06 said:
    tishb said:

I recently did "Like a Virgin" at karaoke and "I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say No" for an audition. I will add "Give it Away Now" to my prenatal performance list. 
    Lol I would laugh so hard to see those!! Maybe even the pussycat dolls... the one like don't you wish your girlfriend was hott like me hahaha 

@yogadevil  our plan is to do an over the top Disney trip that that one day. We wanted to go this spring coming up, but I said I'd rather not with an infant. Also about the socks... I buy cheap thin Walmart socks that are neon colored and stuff. I always lose one somehow, (I'll give a possible reason below) but I end up wearing neon pink and neon green or something because it's all I could find. I hate socks so I don't put much into buying new ones. 

UO: I hate when people take their shoes off then put them back on without changing their socks. I carry extra socks in my purse when we visit people where I take my shoes off. Your shoes and feet will smell sooooo much better if you simply put on clean socks before sticking your feet back in a shoe. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't like RHCP, but I do like Sublime. 
  • yogadevil said:

My UO: It makes me cringe when adults purposefully wear mismatched socks. Its not cutesy on a 30 year old, end of.
    I absolutely cannot deal with mismatched socks! On anyone of any age. If i have a single sock come out of the wash without a match & still no match after the next wash then it goes in the bin.
    i also have issues with mismatched underwear - my bra & knickers will always be matching
  • I love posed pictures, and think candid/ lifestyle pics are rarely done well. 
  • @Lafreeman21 always. Im dreading once the baby arrives & horrible nursing bras that arent part of a matching set. When i buy underwear i get 3 or 4 pairs of knickers per bra. 

@Gretchypoo i have a separate drawer for bras & another for knickers so i can just pick out what i need easier.

i think it comes from my granny on my mums side as all my aunts & most of my female cousins on that side are the same. 

I sometimes go a little ott & match my underwear to what im wearing, like today i have on a red cardigan & there is red in my skirt & i have a red underwear set on.
  • homemake said:
    I wear mismatched socks ALL THE TIME. I used to have a thing about it before I met my husband but he converted me. It's really freeing actually. 
    I will wear mismatched socks if they are from the same package (like one pink, one blue) but nothing bothers me more than 2 socks of different thicknesses. It messes with my balance!
    Oh yah I can't do different thickness or texture.
  • I don't like RHCP, but I do like Sublime. 
    Noooooo!  Growing up in OC Sublime was everywhere, ugh!

Also +1 to always having matching bras/undies.  I'm a lingerie addict and can't wear mismatched, need everything to be a set.
  • homemake said:
    I wear mismatched socks ALL THE TIME. I used to have a thing about it before I met my husband but he converted me. It's really freeing actually. 
    I will wear mismatched socks if they are from the same package (like one pink, one blue) but nothing bothers me more than 2 socks of different thicknesses. It messes with my balance!
    Yes! This drives me nuts. But I rarely have to worry about socks, I wear flip-flops 95% of the time. 

• @Janefelicity color me impressed. I am not that organized. #newlifegoals

My heart hurts reading this one. DH and I are actually leaving in the morning to go to Disney for a few days! I love it there so much more as an adult. Although I can definitely understand the hate towards it. I'm sure once we take our kids there it won't be as fun as just the two of us. DH and I hardly wait in line at all because of their new fast pass system and we booked the hotel back in April when they had their fall sale going on so we are going for a great price! I am a big Disney fan. :)