UO Thursday 10.27.16

whatcha got this week? 
TW: MMC
BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
———
Diagnoses and Treatments
PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
———
BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

Re: UO Thursday 10.27.16

• Loading the player...
  • @emy730 - preach it girl. Never have I wanted to shove my head through a plate glass window and into a solid brick wall then when I was trying to format my masters thesis on Microsoft word. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• I feel like some people buy those insane toys for you just because they know how annoying they are going to be. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @shlecka or pass them on to you bc they hate them and hope you don't realize the underlying intention and think they are just being generous. My SIL has done that with me several times. I have a basket of toys I need to get rid of. 
  • I'm finding more and more that toys are overrated. Right now my kid's favorite "toys" are containers of old baby food.  He stacks them and I gave him his very own mini garbage can, and he loves to put them in and take them out.  Forever.

An entire playroom of toys, but this is what he loves.

• shlecka said:
    I feel like some people buy those insane toys for you just because they know how annoying they are going to be. 
    This is so true! I have a coworker who buys DD the most loud and obnoxious gifts for her bday/Christmas each year just because, quote, "I know it will drive you crazy, haha." Well, jokes on you bud, she's never received a one of them. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was just thinking about going through all of DD's baby toys and donating the ones that I can't stand the sight of.  We have a vtech plastic "zoo" thing that belongs in hell...Donating it may be too cruel to the next owner.

BabyFetus Ticker

• This is UO/BF....

I'm a Christina that participates in Halloween and loves horror movies. It doesn't mean I praise God on Sunday and worship the devil on the side....

'Cause ILs need a reason to question my spirituality apparently.........
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was just thinking about going through all of DD's baby toys and donating the ones that I can't stand the sight of.  We have a vtech plastic "zoo" thing that belongs in hell...Donating it may be too cruel to the next owner.
    Ugh, Vtech is the worst offender in the annoying plastic toy category.  I refuse to buy anything from them because all they sell is loud shit with lights and sirens and batteries that never die.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @underthesea I saw a Toys R Us commercial last night and thought to myself, we are never going in that store. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HJMorgan same here! Halloween is tied for my favorite holiday! On the same ticket It drives me nuts when people try to change trick or treating when Halloween falls on Sunday. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• shlecka said:
    I feel like some people buy those insane toys for you just because they know how annoying they are going to be. 
    This was totally how my uncle was - he and my dad actually had a competition going on to see who could buy the other's kids the most annoying toys. Pretty sure my mom and my aunt wanted to kill them both lol (more so my aunt than my mom; she's pretty tightly wound, whereas my house had six kids so things were going to be noisy and chaotic regardless of which toys we had).

I usually don't mind the noisy light up toys, but DH's aunt and grandma gave DD a little handheld piano for Christmas last year that is the bane of my existence.  It has no off switch and no volume control, so if it's in the toy box and any other toy touches it in the wrong way, it'll just go off. It got pushed under someone's couch at a playdate a few months ago and I seriously considered leaving it there, but I started to feel guilty so I did end up getting it.  But darn it, I hate that thing!
  • HJMorgan said:
    This is UO/BF....

I'm a Christina that participates in Halloween and loves horror movies. It doesn't mean I praise God on Sunday and worship the devil on the side....

Lol, I always find the Halloween haters to be funny - Halloween started out as a Christian holiday! All Hallows Eve = the night before All Saints Day... I do get that there are pagan ties, too, but it's definitely not a day strictly for devil worshipers. Especially with the way it's celebrated now!
  • HJMorgan said:
    This is UO/BF....

Lol, I always find the Halloween haters to be funny - Halloween started out as a Christian holiday! All Hallows Eve = the night before All Saints Day... I do get that there are pagan ties, too, but it's definitely not a day strictly for devil worshipers. Especially with the way it's celebrated now!
    It definitely did not start out Christian... just like Christmas, it was appropriated by Western Christianity but lol did not start that way. Samhain's been around a few millennia longer than all saint's
    I've seen conflicting research on the origins, with stats to back up either side. I'd rather not get into a debate :) but, regardless, I personally find the way that it's celebrated today to be very innocent and lighthearted. I have a hard time not rolling my eyes at people who say that dressing my daughter up and letting her trick or treat is the same thing as devil worshipping ... because it's definitely not. 
  • I'm in a few ID twin groups and the ones who already have their twins talk about how often they're stopped by randos for small talk about their twins and even pictures (??) and comments from everyonnnnne.

I'm straight up dreading this. I don't like talking to strangers, I'm NOT ok with random ppl taking pics of me or my kids, I would really like to be left alone forever please. I have a feeling that I'm going to turn into even more of a curmudgeonly homebody. :angry:  
  • emy730 said:
    I'm in a few ID twin groups and the ones who already have their twins talk about how often they're stopped by randos for small talk about their twins and even pictures (??) and comments from everyonnnnne.

I'm straight up dreading this. I don't like talking to strangers, I'm NOT ok with random ppl taking pics of me or my kids, I would really like to be left alone forever please. I have a feeling that I'm going to turn into even more of a curmudgeonly homebody. :angry:  
    Perfect a RBF now if you haven't already ;)
    If you need any help with your RBF, let me know... I am a pro! :smile:
    So many random people talked to me and asked me questions or gave unwanted advice when I was pregnant last time.  This time it's happened maybe twice in the grocery store.  Doesn't matter if I'm alone or with my daughter, people have not approached me.  I think my "pregnant mom of a toddler" face is a permanent RBF.  Not really upset by that though.

BabyFetus Ticker

• @rdh33 Besides the sex, the name is definitely the most asked question about him. We haven't really announced it because 1) the whole third debate and 2) it was my father's name so I don't care to hear any opinions. While it was lovely shouting it from the rooftops in the hospital, I don't care for it to be a discussion anywhere else. Not even at my baby shower. We're huge Bills fans and SIL got him a custom jersey with the name (MIL let it slip) as my shower gift. I had a flipping BF. We haven't even announced it people!
  • Zoomer Chimp looks freakishly evil. I would have nightmares of that thing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My friend just got back from vacation and she said that so many people were touching her baby. So now I'm worried about randos touching the baby.

@TinaBelcher I imagine it'll only be worse with twins. Why can't people be normal?
  • PMForbie said:

I love this group. Even when we broach an "untouchable" topic like religion, there's still respect :) Pretty good accomplishment that we're almost all in 3rd tri and have had very minimal drama.

My UO: This could just be pregnancy enhanced but I am hating everything coffee and tea. Give me hot chocolate. With mounds of marshmallows. And sprinkles. Oh,  you say it's 80 degrees out and this is Florida? I say, I don't give a flying hoot! I want meh hot cocoa!

I love hot cocoa and hate coffee and tea, too!! 
  • @PMForbie yes all the hot chocolate! Pregnancy is making me HATE the smell of coffee, and I was the biggest coffee addict. I've gotten quite good at making hot chocolate interesting