November 2016 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in - Week of 10/24

Weeks: 

Next milestone/appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Anything else: 

Questions? 

GTKY: What is one thing you've done that you would never do again?

Re: PGAL Check-in - Week of 10/24

• Options
    Weeks: 38+5

Next milestone/appointment? Last check-in... Appointment with the OB tomorrow and c/s Thursday

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I've been having a rough time this week. Between adjusting to the reality of having a c/s and getting to the point where I'm just (emotionally) done with being pregnant I've been doing a lot of crying this week. DH has to help me get up out of the recliners and sitting up in bed because it's gotten so hard to do by myself. I absolutely HATE feeling so helpless and I know that the next couple weeks probably aren't going to be much better as I recover from the c section.

Questions? Any tips on how to respond to people trying to make me feel better about not getting the birth I want? Both DH and my mom have made comments about the goal being healthy baby/healthy mommy and how at the end of this at least I'll have the baby in my arms. I get that, but I still feel robbed of the experience. Not only have I had to overcome the very really fears and emotional obstacles of PGAL but now I can't even give birth the way I want because baby isn't cooperating so yes, I'm getting my baby as the end result but nothing has worked out the way it should and it's not fair. The end result doesn't make it any easier to be forced into the one major birth scenario that I wanted to avoid the most. 

GTKY: What is one thing you've done that you would never do again? My ex husband convinced me to try a couple of illegal substances. I was not impressed and I'm over it. Will not do again.
  • Options
    Weeks: 35w5d

Next milestone/appointment? Appt on Wed to include strep b test

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I was knocked out by sciatica pain yesterday. DH was doing everything for me and I'm usually very self-sufficient so I totally get how you feel @tigerfish227 on feeling helpless and hating it. The pain has dulled enough (thanks KT tape) that I can manage to be at work, but I am so frustrated by things not getting done yesterday that I wanted to get done - I'm on such limited time!

Questions? No

GTKY: What is one thing you've done that you would never do again? Six years ago I moved across the county with DH - we had no jobs lined up, no where to live, just a couple friends we could crash with while we got on our feet. It worked out for us, but I would never do it again, it was so stressful when our savings started running out, and if we hadn't found jobs when we did, I'm not sure what would have happened to us.

@tigerfish227 - That is such an easy thing to say I think people don't realize that it's not actually reassuring. I'm sure I've said it on these boards and have seen many others, but as a fellow PGAL, I totally get how the disappointment must be magnified for you. I'm not sure how to respond - I guess I would just be honest and tell them that it doesn't make you feel better, even if it's true. Emotional honestly can make people uncomfortable so may prevent them from belaboring the point. *hugs*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weeks: 36w 1d

Next milestone/appointment? My next appt isn't until a week from Wednesday.  

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I'm still nervous about going to my appt next week at 37w 3d and finding out she's still not head down.  Right now she's all over the place.  At 32w my doc said she was sort of diagonal, but my NP didn't check at 34w.  I am sorry you aren't getting more support as far as how you are feeling, @tigerfish227 .  I would feel the same in your case :-(

Questions? No

GTKY: What is one thing you've done that you would never do again? Hmmm, that's a tough one.  I haven't really regretted any of my experiences.  I'll come back if I think of one.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @MollySm - it doesn't have to be something you regretted. Mine isn't - it was one of the best things I did, I just would never do it again! :wink: Also, I'm sorry you have so much uncertainty of whether or not baby is head down - I would be frustrated at that wait, too!
  • Options
    36 + 1
    my next apt is Nov 4
    im officially on maternity leave! Yay! I filed for SDI today so hopefully that processes soon. Having some minor mommy guilt over dropping off DD at her preschool BUT I've been getting stuff done so not too guilty. Today I have an eye appointment and tomorrow we get the carpets and the couch cleaned. Currently sitting enjoying a decaf mocha :)

never do again?: ummm I'm going to reach back to my early 20's and say I hope I never drink so much I black out ever again. I'd like to say never drink so much I get a hang over but that's probably not realistic ha ha. I guess we were all young and stupid once right? Thank god im older and hopefully wiser now ;)

• Options
    Done with the pre-op appointment...

Nothing too exciting. Basically, we just went over what to expect. They will do an ultrasound before starting the c section to verify baby is still breech. If by some miracle baby has flipped by then we will be sent home to wait for labor to start on its own. Dr said that it is my choice if we want to try an induction but that an induction would have a higher risk of still ending up in a c section we will opt to just go home instead. The likelihood that baby will be flipped head down is pretty slim so he isn't worried about a second flip if that's the case.

The hospital we are going to only has 2 c section rooms so I will be low priority since I'm scheduled and not an emergency which means I could get bumped to a later time. NBD. DH will still get to cut the cord and unless there is an issue, baby will be dried off(because it's cold in there) and brought straight to me for skin to skin and bfing. Dr said they usually get the baby back to mom before he's even done stitching mom up. This was probably the biggest relief of anything he could have said today. My biggest hangup with all of this was possibly not being able to do skin to skin right away and he didn't even hesitate when I asked about it. I'm still pretty emotional about not getting the birth I wanted but I'm feeling much less devastated and more prepared. More than likely I will have a baby in less than 2 days. Holy crap!!!
  • Options
    Eeeeeeeee!!!   Congrats @lajoliedreamer!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Thanks, @MollySm! I think I'm still a bit in shock!
  • Options
    How did it go, @tigerfish227? I hope to see a birth announcement from you soon!  <3
  • Options
    I'm sure!   It sounds like it all moved so quickly!   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    How did it go, @tigerfish227? I hope to see a birth announcement from you soon!  <3
    Getting ready to go to the hospital. We need to leave home by 8 this morning.

Congrats on your SUPER FAST birth! That's insane! I'm so happy for you!
  • Options
    Good luck,  @tigerfish227! ! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16