February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (10/24)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/24)

• Just from the most recent conversations that have been had on the board I've compiled so many unpopular opinions. Thank gosh it's Thursday.
  • @PerraSucia did they feed you something they weren't supposed to?!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • Aaaand I just discovered this in my scarf.  I'm just gonna tuck that part away and pretend it never happened. 

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • H and I are going out of town to Atlanta for a weekend away this weekend. We're staying in Alpharetta. Does anyone have any must see/do places to check out in the Metro Atlanta area?
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bumpasaurusRex what is that? A glob of ice cream? 
  • Jab3 said:
    @bumpasaurusRex what is that? A glob of ice cream? 
    Yep :(

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • @WinchesterGirl when I was getting allergy shots I was having reactions to everything. So I honestly have no idea 
  • @homemake @Spicyweiner Yikes, those are not reassuring stories! Luckily, our cat just has ONE tooth that needs to come out - the rest look very healthy. And other than the tooth issue, he is apparently in perfect shape. H is convinced he will live to be 20. I hope he's right, because this cat is pretty awesome. He has 23 toes, and I think they hold special powers or something.
    Sorry, didn't mean to scare you! 
  • @imalwaysme79 I'm not sure what you count as metro Atlanta, but we did a weekend trip up to atlanta once and we loved the Georgia Aquarium! The world of coke is also neat if you have an hour or two to kill, and it is visible from the aquarium which is how we ended up there also.
  • @imalwaysme79 I'm not sure what you count as metro Atlanta, but we did a weekend trip up to atlanta once and we loved the Georgia Aquarium! The world of coke is also neat if you have an hour or two to kill, and it is visible from the aquarium which is how we ended up there also.
    We did the World of Coke last time and loved it! I thought about doing the Georgia Aquarium this time, so definitely an option! Metro Atlanta is all of the suburbs surrounding the city...Roswell, Marietta, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, etc. 

• Just catching up on the randoms for the week. We were at Disney, that place is so expensive but worth every penny. 

I have never watched Gilmore Girls and don't plan to start. And I have only seen some random gossip girl episodes.  I did watch the remake of 90210 for awhile until the main character went all crazy like Misha Barton did in the O.C. I don't understand why the producers always make someone go on a drug and alcohol binge and then spend the following season trying to make the character repair their rep- I doubt it really helps the ratings. 

Poop stories are gross, I worked in a bank that had to put an employees only sign up on a restroom because people would poop all over the walls. 

I am so behind for the whole month of October. I just ordered DD's costume on Amazon; hopefully it fits. 
  • Everytime I see @Kashy17 username, a Kesha song pops in my head. I'm not even sure why, but it happens every time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just bought this and am super excited https://www.target.com/p/tamire-quilt-set/-/A-17319924

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @kswiger06 that is too funny!  
  • @imalwaysme79 I live right around the corner from Alpharetta. I'll think of some things tonight and send you a PM. What kind of things are you looking to do?
  • Dear lady who took the day off of work to take care of your sick daughter but is now walking around the entire office with said sick kid to introduce her to the entire staff: Please go the EFF home!! Why the hell are you parading her around spreading nasty germs????

• @imalwaysme79 I live right around the corner from Alpharetta. I'll think of some things tonight and send you a PM. What kind of things are you looking to do?
    Anything really. As long as it doesn't involve a lot of walking (like no park trails). We've been to Avalon, Marietta Square, Roswell Town Square and Roswell Mill. If there's any festivals or anything going on, that would be cool. Thank you so much!!

• Sigh.....2 year old appearantly wasn't happy with the quality of his nap and is now throwing a tantrum on the floor. Rainy and cold outside today so we are stuck indoors with this. And I wanted a second one of these why?  Oh yeah, they have some sweet moments ;-). How are all of you today?
  • @Spicyweiner ugh I hate when they give you rentals unlike your current car. I hate driving large vehicles and I swear I always get stuck with them as rentals. Meanwhile DH who drives a truck always seems to end up with little cardboard. I swear they must do it to amuse themselves when they see peoples reactions to a vehicle way different than their own. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @Spicyweiner I wanna live where my outside looks like that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Spicyweiner I wanna live where my outside looks like that.
    It's crazy because our neighborhood has a really rural feel, even though we are in the city. The freeway is only 5 minutes away. It's our little pocket of houses on a hill, with orange groves all around. 
  • @Spicyweiner stop, you're making me miss our house in San Diego.  :(
  • @Spicyweiner that's awesome! You get the best of both worlds and I'm super jelly. Where I live, it's for real rural. Like, so rural it takes 25 minutes to get to the nearest interstate. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am supposed to go to this get to know you type lunch meeting tomorrow with one of the company VPs and about 20 other employees where I work. They set it up a month ago, and gave a POC if you have dietary restrictions. Great, I emailed the lady with my allergies the same day. 

Now the meeting is tomorrow, she never got back to me so I ask, what is the food? She sends me a long list of stuff, the literal only thing I can eat off of it is green beans. So I declined and I'm not going. I don't care if you own the company, I'm not spending two hours on Friday sitting in a room full of people eating stuff I'm highly allergic to.

Because do you know what's worse than working late Friday? Spending Friday night in the ER pregnant being pumped full of drugs because people don't understand food allergies. I'm probably going to get an angry email about why I declined last minute, but quite frankly, I do not care.
    I'd totally tell her why. Disrespect of allergies is so infuriating.
  • @WinchesterGirl with my weird sudden crazy crying lately over ice cream cones, I would probably end up crying watching everyone eat foods I couldn't have. But that was super inconsiderate and rude of them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WinchesterGirl given that you responded with allergy info weeks ago i would send a snotty email about it. I may just be hangry though! lol
  • You know, I understand that my allergy is hard to accommodate compared to things like peanut allergies or being vegetarian. But, I gave plenty of advance notice, and they failed to follow up. I am sure I will be asked why I didn't go, probably in a very rude email, and I will tell them.

If your contact person isn't going to actually accomodate food allergies, why are they in charge of handling this sort of event? I mean, they picked BBQ for this lunch, which I not only can't eat, but the entire room will end up covered in sauce. The tables, the doorknobs...

I even specifically listed in my original email to her that I can eat no commercially prepared BBQ sauces, or many salad dressings. She then literally planned a BBQ lunch with salad and green beans.
  • @WinchesterGirl that is asinine and I would absolutely not go. And I'd plan a very tasty dinner at home for myself. 

Pregnancy Ticker