Pregnant after IF

**First Trimester Check In Oct. 24 New Leader Needed**

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

I am graduating to the second trimester board and we need someone to take over the weekly Check-In for this board. If you are willing, please say so in your post.

Also, I've tried to clean up the list of members as much as possible, but if I missed something, please let me know!

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD?
2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?
3. When is your next appointment?
4. Anything else you'd like to share?

QOTW: What are your preliminary nursery plans? (Are you doing a theme? Have you picked a paint color yet? Those type of things)

Congratulations to you pregnant bumpies!
@frustrated and ttc EDD? TWINS!
@babymama619 EDD 4/30/17
@BornReady EDD 4/28/17
@ADRIANAC1982 EDD 4/28/17 
@halips EDD 4/30/17 
@Steff_99 EDD 4/30/17
@clt2pwm11 EDD 5/1/17
@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17
@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17
@SanBL EDD 5/3/17
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17
@Tulumina EDD 5/5/17
@kristynelson13 EDD 5/7/17
@cato99 EDD 5/9/17
@PNW12RN EDD 5/10/17
@alaaronson EDD 5/19/17
@chickyclg EDD 5/20/17
@ddvj79 EDD 5/25/17
@LSatturo126 EDD 5/25/17
@kelrauh EDD 5/28/17
@crholmstrom EDD 6/1/17
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/4/17 BABY GIRL!
@bpfeiff1984 EDD 6/9/17
@NatalieGentry EDD 6/10/17
@beckij34 EDD 6/13/17
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17
@BWhitta EDD June 2017!!
DX PCOS + mild male factor
TTC since Dec. 2015
Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
Beta confirmed 8/22
EDD 5/1/17

Re: **First Trimester Check In Oct. 24 New Leader Needed**

• 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD?
    I am 9 weeks and 1 day today. My EDD is May 28, 2017
    I am exhausted, nauseated and have round ligament pain. I was on Diclegis which was helping amazing, but I ran out on Saturday and didnt know it would be so difficult to get. So, all of my morning sickness is back :(
    I go see the nurse at the OB on Thursday for blood work and medical background info. I go see the OB on 11/11 which seems so far away, and we wont get to see the babies then, not sure when my next ultrasound will be. 

QOTW: What are your preliminary nursery plans? (Are you doing a theme? Have you picked a paint color yet? Those type of things)
    I had plans from the get go, but now we are having twins. I had it picked out for what it would be for a boy (vintage transportation), and shabby chic for girl. Now that we are having twins, that will change if it is boy/girl. I don't have plans for a boy/girl yet as it will need to be gender neutral and I am not a huge fan of the normal gender neutral themes (like animals) 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD?  6 weeks today, EDD June 19.
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  The past few days I have been having nausea all day.
    3. When is your next appointment?  Today is my first prenatal with my regular doc.
    4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Counting down the days to my u/s next week.  I'm so anxious.  I just want to see a healthy heartbeat so I know this is for real!  After more than two years of trying it's hard to believe.

I have a nursery already set up from when my DD was a baby.  She has graduated to a "big girl" room so the nursery is empty.  I'll probably change a few details if we have a boy, but not much.  It's a neutral color decorated with a purple owl theme.
    I have to say it's nice to have a purpose for that room again.  My family had pretty much given up on us having more kids and were all asking what we were going to do with the nursery.  I got tired of saying "we're still trying!"
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Loading the player...
  • ADRIANAC1982ADRIANAC1982 member
    edited October 2016
    1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 13W 3D, Due date: 04/28/2017 

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Nausea, fatigue, and constipation :/  

3. When is your next appointment? 11/18/2016

4. Anything else you'd like to share? We finally told family and friends this past week, and the overwhelming response of love was incredible......BUT i could have done without some of the people saying its about time, or I was going to ask why its taking so long. 

QOTW: What are your preliminary nursery plans? (Are you doing a theme? Have you picked a paint color yet? Those type of things) We are doing a nautical theme because of my husbands love for the water :) or because of his traveling we may do an airplane theme, we have found a ton of vintage airplane stuff that we love as well.  

I am trying my best to include him in every aspect of this pregnancy because he has been so amazing I want him to know its not all about me, its about US....so far seems to be working great.  Especially because im not sure he ever expected to have so much say in anything for this baby :) 

Me: 34 DH: 43
    Married March 2012
    TTC #1 since 2012
    Dx: unexplained infertility (+ treated for hypothyroidism)
    May 7, 2016: IUI#1 w/Clomid - BFN :'(
    June 6, 2016: IUI #2 w/Clomid - BFN :'(
    IVF Consult 1 & 2: June 10, 2016 / July 15, 2016 
    Started Stims: July 15, 2016 (Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur)
    Trigger ----> 08/03 ----> ER on 08/05 ----> Transfer ------> 08/10
    BETA 1 (8/22) - 401  - BETA 2 (8/24) - 541 - BETA 3 (8/26) - 913
    Baby Chadwell's First U/S: 09/06/2016 / EDD: 04/28/2017
  • @kelrauh I love the idea of a vintage transportation nursery. That sounds so cute!

@kdanjou I hope the days leading up to your u/s pass quickly. I know how nerve wracking the wait can be!

I am 13 weeks today!

We are still waiting on our 1st trimester screening results to come back. I don't have another Dr. Appointment until the second week of November, so I'm kinda just hanging out.

As far as symptoms, I'm still nauseous often. I did have a weird nose bleed while at work Saturday which was bizarre. I never have nose bleeds, so I hope this isn't a symptom that will become regular. I've been experiencing some round ligament pain this week as well.

For our nursery, we will probably paint the walls a light gray. I have almost a full gallon left from the living room, and I just love the color. I'm thinking rustic woodland creatures (owls, squirrels, foxes) for the nursery or a Bearenstain Bear theme. I loved those books growing up, and I thought I could take some of my favorite pages and put them in cheap hanging frames. I also found a couple lamps and decorations that feature the bears. I don't know though; I have all kinds of time to change my mind.

We biblically announced our pregnancy yesterday! I shared some of our infertility story. People were so supportive, and I had a couple reach out with questions because they are just beginning their infertility journey.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @clt2pwm11 - my husband collects old boats, motorcycles, snowmobiles and we have a vintage car too. So, I thought the vintage transportation would be cute with old planes. I love your idea of the berenstain bears books. Choosing a favorite children's book would be an easy way to do a gender neutral nursery if I have boy/girl twins. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• 1. I'm 12w3d today. EDD 5/5/17

2. Still with the nausea, fatigue, and headaches.

3. My next appointment is tomorrow with my OB. Not sure if we will get an u/s or just listen to the hb on doppler.

4. We had our gender reveal party last night. I had sent the results (without looking) to my SIL who wanted to surprise us along with our families. She had cleaned out a big pumpkin and had my DS pull something out from inside. It was a small BLUE pumpkin! We are having another boy! So excited for my LOs to be brothers!!!

QOTW: DS is still in the nursery, which is on the main level of our house down the hall from our BR. We live in a ranch style house and have 3 additional bedrooms downstairs, but I am really tempted to put both boys in the nursery together for the next couple of years until they are old enough to move to big boy rooms downstairs "together." I've already started introducing DS to the idea, and he seems to like it. The room is a pale apple green with vintage Peter Rabbit and woodland creatures decor. We love it.
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @BlueEyedDreamer I love Peter Rabbit! Adorable.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 8 weeks as of yesterday! EDD 6/4/17.
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? ALL of them except vomiting! Seriously, I have all the symptoms but I believe it is my willpower that keeps me from throwing up. I'm so nauseous all the time, eating is hard, I'm so tired, bloated, gassy, etc. Also my boobs are so sore and my bras no longer fit so I bought a new maternity/nursing bra from Target last week. So comfortable!
    3. When is your next appointment? I have my last RE appointment tomorrow morning and my first appointment at my OB (nurse visit) on Friday.
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? I have 2 more weeks of PIO and I guess 4 more weeks before I can expect my symptoms to subside... (yes, I'm counting down)!

QOTW: We painted the room that would be our future nursery shortly after we moved into our house, mostly because I HATED the color that the previous owners had it painted and I couldn't deal. So we went with a light gray so it would be neutral. We're thinking we want to do an under the sea theme for our nursery! :)

@ADRIANAC1982 Ugh, I'm sorry about the "it's about time" responses. My sister (who WAS very excited) said the same thing to me when I told her we were pregnant. Why do people think it's okay to say that??

@BlueEyedDreamer Congrats on your little boy!!!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 well we purposely put WE ARE 1 IN 8 in the announcement but of course people skipped over that! We did not tell people while the process was ongoing BUT now we are very open about it.  We are proud as a couple to have made it this far 
    Married March 2012
    TTC #1 since 2012
  • 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 7w4d, 6/8

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? A little of everything, but the exhaustion is the worst. I don’t think I’ve made it up past 9:00 for weeks now.

@kelrauh I also believe I am having round ligament pain.

3. When is your next appointment? Today was my last day with my RE (heartbeat was 162 and measuring 8 weeks). My first OB appt is in a week.

@ADRIANAC1982 we are a ways off until we tell people, but I am already dreading the ‘it’s about time’ comment that I know is coming.

@wifeinraleigh28 we just got our date for when we can stop shots (11/10) – it can’t come soon enough!

@clt2pwm11 I need added to the list. We are traveling the next couple weeks, otherwise I would offer to help with thread

QOTW: What are your preliminary nursery plans? I have no idea! We just found out last week we are having a boy. We are only planning on 1, so I will probably avoid the neutral theme and go with something very boyish. But I also want to paint the room a teal color, so I’m not sure where that can go.

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• @MelD17011 I think I was in shock when I read it, and I wanted to snap back with a snarky comment, but I just let it be.  I also thought to myself, Im glad you think that you are that important that you could ask me why I have no children after 4 years of marriage, because silly me I thought the decision to have kids was a decision made between a husband and wife, partners etc.....

I feel like some people are so closed minded that they think that its just easy to have a baby because they dont know of anyone that has had struggles.....
    Married March 2012
    TTC #1 since 2012
  • @kelrauh so sorry your ms is back, hoping you can get more Diclegis soon!

@kdanjou  hope you're first ob appt is great!

@ADRIANAC1982  love the nautical theme, so cute! So glad you had so much love around you when you announced! 

@clt2pwm11 I love that you shared some of your infertility story. I wish more people had been open with DH and I before we started. Now, I plan to tell anyone who wants to hear! 

@BlueEyedDreamer  Yay! Congrats on another baby boy! How exciting!

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD?
    May 1st, 13 weeks today :)
    Exhausted, super sore boobs, gas and heartburn
    Nov. 7th with the OB. Doing my 1hr glucose test then. Going tomorrow to Stork Vision for some 2d u/s pics. My ob wouldn't do an u/s at my last appt and I want something to show my family!
    We told DH's dad/step mom yesterday. Stepmom had the most perfect, sweet, loving reaction. Dad was weird, especially when we mentioned IVF. He actually said test tube baby once. DH and I just rolled with it and stayed positive. We didn't expect much more from him anyway. 
    I'm flying to Ohio to tell my family this week. A bit nervous about flying. No real reason to be, I know, but I am. Super excited to tell my family though. I know they'll all be so supportive and excited. :)

I love light, bright colors and eclectic decor, especially literary and travel themed. If we are having a girl, I'm thinking light purple or yellow walls with light aqua/yellow/white/purple accents. Framing pages from my favorite books, places we want to visit etc. Same thing for a boy, but replace the purple with gray. 

*TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? about 10.5 wks, EDD 5/19/17
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? oh boy. relatively constant nausea, fatigue, constipation, boob and hip soreness....
    3. When is your next appointment? 11/8. Cant come fast enough.
    @kelrauh : I'm a medical professional (though not an OB, so take this with a grain of salt!), and a few of my friends who are OBs have recommended that instead of taking Diclegis (which for me has a crazy-high copay) take a unisom tablet and a 25 mg vitamin B6, which is effectively all that is in Diclegis. Once my current script runs out I plan to switch to that and save some $$. If you're a diclegis convert, the b6/unisom should hold you over at least till you can get a refill. (ill let ya'll know how the experiment works once i start in a week or two)

Ha! my husband and I currently live in a small 1 br apartment in a large city. We havent decided if we're going to rent or buy our next place or what neighborhood we're going to move to yet. I just hope we'll have a room for a crib in time!

• I'm doing a giraffe theme whether I have a boy or girl. The room will be painted turquoise. I already have two giraffe nursery bedding sets. 
  • This is from our pregnancy announcement. You can tell I have a tiny pouch! We also did one with a Thankful banner. It was cute too, but my hair looked nuts because of the wind!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @alaaronson you can do it :) my best friend had a boy in March and he and her hubby have a 1 bedroom Condo. Ill admit I was shocked she was able to fit everything in BUT she managed.  What she does a lot is puts stuff in her storage shed so when its needed she can just go and get it.  She also did under the bed stuff for clothes and she also tries not to buy to much, instead of trying to buy stuff all at once she buys when necessary (kinda helps she lives next to a store though)
    Married March 2012
    TTC #1 since 2012
  • kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited October 2016
    @MelD17011 - Round ligament pain this early stinks. Mine is worst when I am sleeping and go to roll over and forget to not use my hips. I never asked my RE or OB about it, I just figured that since I am having twins and I am petite it is normal. I am only 9 weeks and I already feel like I'm showing and had to buy maternity pants. 

@alaaronson - thank you for the advice. I didn't realize it would be so difficult for me to find the Diclegis. No pharmacies in my area carry it and my insurance won't cover it. I wasn't going to pay $500 to not have morning sickness when I know there are other options. I called my RE since they prescribed it, they found another sample and called it into a pharmacy called foundation care that only charges $1 per pill and will ship it to me. I'm glad they figured it out because am nervous to try anything else as I am very sensitive to medication. If you are partial to Diclegis like I am here's the info to save some money (they have a co-pay help too): https://www.diclegis.com/en/savings-and-resources/save-on-diclegis

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

6 weeks, 6 days  ...June 14th (but we just found out we're having twins  :o so dr. said it could be as early as late May)

Tired all the time. Not interested in food. But that's it. Maybe bloating, but no sore boobs, or growing boobs, or throwing up. 

2 weeks. Just had our first U/S. TWINS!! We are (sorta) shocked. We did transfer 2 embabies but still. We heard their little heart beats which was so surreal after all the IVF ups & downs. One twins at 116 and the other 126. We go back in 2 weeks to the RE. After that I get moved to my OB which I don't actually have and need to find one. 

We didn't do any sort of genetic testing which now makes me nervous. Dr didn't recommend it since we didn't have a history of miscarriage or issues into our families. (Consequently we don't know gender). 

We have a room for a nursery. But now that we're having two babies we need to think about it. Boy(s), girl(s), gender neutral (?).  
  • @JaneJane - Congrats on Twins!!! I transferred two and I am 9 weeks pregnant with twins. For the first week or so I was very overwhelmed, but now I am over the moon excited to have two. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

•  How far along are you and what is your EDD?  Today I am 11 weeks, 5 days.  EDD is 5/10/17, and it's a girl!

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?   Mostly just fatigue now. 

3. When is your next appointment?  We have our NT ultrasound tomorrow.  I'm really looking forward to actually seeing a little baby in there, instead of a potato/alien that I have to squint at to see the 'baby'.  This still doesn't feel real to me, so I am hoping that helps.  I am not showing at all really, and haven't gained any weight, so I need something a little more concrete to wrap my mind around things.  Definitely looking forward to having a baby bump!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I went to a Just Between Friends consignment sale this weekend and was so overwhelmed!!  I have no idea what to buy first, or what brands are good brands or any of that.  I felt like I totally didn't belong as I wandered around.  I finally found some cute baby clothes (in the boy section--I am anti pink/purple and couldn't find anything I liked in the girl section) and got an awesome diaper bag.  Definitely need to do a little more preparing before I go to the next JBF sale in my area next month.

QOTW: What are your preliminary nursery plans?  Definitely some form of blue/green/yellow on the walls.  I am thinking of a travel theme.  Maybe vintage travel.  My husband and I very much like to travel, and I am a huge fan of all things maps, so I may build from there.  I have an old piece of weathered wood that my sister used as a background for string art in the shape of the state of Washington (with a heart where Seattle is) that I want to use in there somewhere.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • Thank you for taking over @wifeinraleigh28 ! Your baby looks adorable! Like a little gummy bear!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @wifeinraleigh28 awesome u/s!! It almost looks like an actual baby! And great quality too!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @wifeinraleigh28 eep!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! I cannot believe that you're just a week ahead of me!!!!!!  It is so amazing how quickly they grow!  Mine doubled in size since Thursday and I got to see the sweetest little flickering light on my ultrasound this morning!!!!!!  He said he's thinking I'm 6w6d, due date June 16th!!!!!!!!  Can't believe it.  I "graduated" too and cannot wait to hear from my OB and get my next appointment scheduled!
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • @kelrauh my pain is also worst during the night and first thing in the morning. Once I get up a get moving it seems to be better…. well at least some days are better than others – yesterday I had some pain intermittently throughout the day, today nothing @JaneJane congrats on TWINS! That must be nerve-wracking and exciting!! @wifeinraleigh28 cute! I can’t wait for our 8 week ultrasound next week!

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• clt2pwm11clt2pwm11 member
    edited October 2016
    @MelD17011 My round ligament pain and general tummy discomfort is in the morning as well. I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom. When I came back to bed, everything just felt so tender down there. My husband tried to snuggle me, and I had to tell him hands off. Once I got up and started the day, I was fine. I hope your hurt passes soon!

Edit to add: the Dr. Just called and our 1st trimester screening came back completely normal! Yay!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • CeCe8579CeCe8579 member
    edited October 2016

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? I'm 9w 3d
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Nauseous and exhaustion. Oh and don't come near the boobs!
    3. When is your next appointment? Thursdat
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? This is my first successful pregnancy in 10 years and I'm terrified. 

QOTW: What are your preliminary nursery plans? (Are you doing a theme? Have you picked a paint color yet? Those type of things) I haven't thought about this yet. 

Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• @kelrauh Thank you! I may need 2 weeks to recover from the shock. I think I'm ok and then I start thinking about 2 crying infants, the price of daycare for 2, etc. I am very happy though, its been a long road...just a bit shocked and overwhelmed. 

@wifeinraleigh28 & @PNW12RN  too cute!! Love the ultra sound pics 
  • @JaneJane - I have those moments where things are overwhelming, and wonder how I am going to do this..... Especially the thought of daycare. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• edited October 2016
    Welcome @CeCe8579! Congrats on your first pregnancy in 10 years, how exciting!!

Cute ultrasound @PNW12RN!

@BWhitta Isn't that little flicker on the screen the best?!! I only wish I could know exactly what the heart rate is, which my RE isn't capable of telling me. But I think that will ease my mind even more if I know for sure the heartbeat is where it should be. All they can tell me is, "It looks good!" Haha. Good luck to you with your upcoming appointments!

• @wifeinraleigh28 Your RE can't tell you the heart rate? How odd! During all my ultrasounds the tech would use a little thing on the screen to zoom in on the heart and it would make sound waves they could measure. I'm pretty sure my MFM can too, since the last time we got a detailed printout it had three different heartbeats listed.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @AandDM2014 They definitely cannot tell me heart rate, which I know is bizarre, but I asked at both my ultrasounds with two different doctors and they said they don't have the equipment to do it. Considering they are such a big clinic and pretty much the go to place in Eastern NC (people drive hours to come to this clinic) I'm very surprised and highly disappointed in their ultrasound equipment. They used the exact same machine they use for follicle checks. I'm surprised they were even able to give me a picture! :cry:

• They didn't tell me the heart rate either @wifeinraleigh28
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • @JaneJane Yeah it's completely bizarre that they don't have the equipment, what with all the machines they have going on over there. And yes, my last appointment with my RE was on Tuesday! I know my OB will have the equipment to monitor heart rate, and a doppler, so I'm happy to be monitored over there from now on! :)

• crholmstromcrholmstrom member
    edited October 2016
    1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? I'm 9w today
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Hunger (or hangry), mild nausea, fatigue, and recently s little heartburn!
    3. When is your next appointment? Nov. 7th, can't come soon enough!
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? My symptoms have ebbed and flowed. It freaked me out given this is our first after trying for three years. Whatever you do, don't google things!

QOTW: What are your preliminary nursery plans? Possible bicycle themed! If we were to have twins we thought about a tandem bike theme. We are having a singleton so a single bike it may be! We aren't finding out the sex so likely a grey with a splash of a neutral color! So fun! Pinterest and etsy here I come!

additionally, we had our first ultrasound at 7w1d and also didn't get a heart rate. We saw it fluttering away but not a particular rate. Hoping we will get that info. At our first visit in a couple weeks!
    13w4d EDD 4/30

Ive pretty much had them all. Nausea, vomiting, fatigue and headaches but they are getting much better now that Im heading into my 2nd Tri. 

On Halloween

Was anyone else told that they had to have an echo done on the baby because IVF is known to cause heart issues? My babies heart beat is fine but they said just to be precautious. I really hate to have any unnecessary testing done if I dont have to. 

I dont really have any plans yet. I still need to break the news to my husband that he is giving up his man cave which is our spare bedroom. 
  • The whole heartbeat US conversation is really interesting to me--we have seen the heartbeat and been told the rate at each of our US's (4 total US's at 3 different clinics, including the NT scan), but have still never *heard* the heartbeat.  I thought that was the stereotypical thing that happens during your first US, but all three clinics told me they don't have the ability to listen to the heartbeat.  Am I the only one?
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • @PNW12RN I guess it depends on what technology your clinic has. We went for our first ultrasound at 6 weeks and a couple of days, and we saw and heard the beat. We've had 4 (3 at the RE and 1 at OB) since then, and have heard the heart beat at every single appointment. But hearing what you and others have said this must not be the case everywhere. 
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17