February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (10/24)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/24)

• @LivingLaVidaGinger I worked at a restaurant a while back and we had a regular who weekly took a poop in the trash can, rather than the toilet. It was a single bathroom - so there was literally NO REASON he couldn't use the toilet 2 feet away; I guess he got a kick out of it for some reason. Some people are gross!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • kswiger06 said:
    Yikes!! That sounds both intriguing and disgusting... are you talking spatter or smears? 

Adding tag lol @scifichick09

@kswiger it was more smears than splatter. Like maybe someone had bloody hands and was touching everything?
    I might be too trusting, but my first thought was not "murder victim", it was more "Oh man, someone is having the worst day/period EVER. Poor thing. I hope she has chocolate. And wine"
    I was wondering about the gross blood because I have had an unfortunate spatter from an overfilled tampon lol but smears is something completely different. If someone smeared period blood instead of wiping it off with... anything... yuck!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm picturing spatter, a halfhearted attempt to wipe it up with the shitty work office toilet paper that smeared it around, followed by hysterical crying.

Not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything...

(I feel the need to clarify that in my own case, I then rallied and cleaned up, because nasty, but I can see where someone might just give the fuck up up, depending on how the rest of her day is going)
  • @gretchypoo The changing diapers thing doesn't bother me, I've had to change a diaper in one too many weird places to be bothered by that anymore. But the other stuff... yes gross. 
  • The changing diapers in and of itself doesn't bother me. I should not, however, know that someone changed a diaper in a fitting room. By all means, dispose of your dirty diaper in a bathroom; they are well ventilated for a reason. Fitting rooms? Take that shit with you. Literally. 
    Yes. Agree 100%
  • @Spicyweiner if he's like my H, it will come up later on tonight lol...."but babe, I just got you some new stuff"
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    @Spicyweiner if he's like my H, it will come up later on tonight lol...."but babe, I just got you some new stuff"
    Oh, he's already hinting at sex. 

• @LivingLaVidaGinger short answer? yes. And change diapers, and poop and  pee. always  wear shoes. Also, wear underwear when you try on a swimsuit. I will literally never understand ppl who try on swimsuits and REMOVE THE PROTECTIVE PLASTIC OVER THE VAG AREA?! AND THEN DON'T WEAR UNDERWEAR? That's like scissoring a stranger...
    Ewwwww who the hell does that?! Disgusting. 
  • H took our grumpy old man cat to the vet today for his annual checkup, and it turns out he needs a tooth extracted. Which means general anesthesia. Which means $$$. I love the grumpy old cat and feel bad that he's in pain, but god, elderly pets get expensive!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • leslie1331leslie1331 member
    edited October 2016
    The first time the pooper hit, some people thought maybe it was a medical issue. (IF that was the case and you somehow missed the toilet, wouldn't you clean up?!) But,  then it was happening not by the toilet. And then like 3 hours after our meeting about it. So it was on purpose for sure. We ended up googling it and apparently it's some sort of disease. Some people will do it in public for attention or retaliation or something along those lines. Totally gross either way!! 
  • H took our grumpy old man cat to the vet today for his annual checkup, and it turns out he needs a tooth extracted. Which means general anesthesia. Which means $$$. I love the grumpy old cat and feel bad that he's in pain, but god, elderly pets get expensive!
    One of my friends had like 8 teeth removed from her old cats mouth, then had to put him down a month later. 
    I've been through this before with my yorkie. What went from a teeth cleaning turned into an extraction where they took almost every single tooth. They had to stop because they broke his jaw. He now has one tooth in the front, that's why his tongue hangs to the side all cute like it does. 

It ended up costing SO much money. Let's hope for the best for your guy. 
  • @yogadevil are you a ginger too?? 
  • edited October 2016
    @homemake I've always been such a Leslie Knope fan, but the Ann Perkins pregnancy rants have made me a temporary Ann-stan. 
  • @homemake I've always been such a Leslie Knope fan, but the Ann Perkins pregnancy rants have made me a temporary Ann-stan. 

• birdiejobirdiejo member
    edited October 2016
    I just watched Gaga carpool Karaoke and I can't get over how talented she is. When Britney and Mariah did it you could tell they were afraid to sing but Lady Gaga just went for it. I might be a new fan. 
  • @yogadevil are you a ginger too?? 
    Nope, boring brown hair with a few auburn lowlights. My dad's a ginger though, or at least he was before his hair went white lol
  • yogadevil said:
    @yogadevil are you a ginger too?? 
    Nope, boring brown hair with a few auburn lowlights. My dad's a ginger though, or at least he was before his hair went white lol
    You look ginger in your HDBD pic! 
  • @homemake, I didn't even realize that until you pointed it out! Hah and I thought I was so cool with my new pic instead of being generic. I picked yellow labs because I have one and he's the best and I wanted a pic with 3 puppies for the number of kids I have/will have. So clever lol kswiger literally had to walk me through how to change my picture which is sad that I needed that much help for such a simple thing, but I'm glad she was willing to help me! 

@kirstynikole, I hope you feel better soon and have luck with a good soup! I love all the recommendations people gave. I feel like shit right now too. Must have caught DD's cold, oh well. 
  • @Jab3 thanks! Somehow I ended up making Spaghetti & meatballs- mostly because it was the ingredients we had on hand. lol. It was comforting though, I just had to go super light on the sauce for me. Now I'm making a list for the other assorted soups :) I hope you feel better too, being a sick momma is tough!!!
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger lol, woah, gross! I waitressed there, too, when I was in high school. Man, I hated it. Shittiest. Tips. Ever. 
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger lol, woah, gross! I waitressed there, too, when I was in high school. Man, I hated it. Shittiest. Tips. Ever. 
    Lol that's because the Barrel doubled as a nursing home. Those oldies thought they were being generous with their 25¢ tip!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My UO is that I hate Cracker Barrel. My grandpa made us eat there all the time. It is my MIL' s fav restautant and I just can't 
  • My UO is that I hate Cracker Barrel. My grandpa made us eat there all the time. It is my MIL' s fav restautant and I just can't 
    Haha. Sucks to be you.

Actually, you really do have my sympathy. I don't hate the food, but I hate just BEING in that place. It's depressing. Glad it's not a family favorite here.

Though if I have to listen to my MIL rave even one more time about how "wonderful and amazing" the food is at Olive Garden, I'm going to slap her silly. 
  • I almost died at an Olive Garden. I started going into anaphylaxis and couldn't get my server to come back to leave. I had walked from my office and had to call someone to bring my epi pen because I'm an idiot. 
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger LOL! I understand if we can't be friends. But part of the reason I hate Cracker Barell is that there are so many amazing  breakfast places that have WAY better food!

I'll eat country fried steak with gravy and eggs any day ;-)
  • cracker barrel pancakes are my food obsession for this pregnancy. 
    welcoming our ewok 2/6/17