February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (10/24)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/24)

• @PerraSucia yea I wonder if cloth will work this go around like with our first son. One of my good friends was an avid cloth diaper user with her first but she couldn't seem to find a combo that worked for her second. Just gotta do what works!

We switched to disposable the last 8 months because of childcare, but now that I've been back home, I've yet to switch back. I need to figure out the whole toddler in cloth routine so I can get full use out of our stash. I actually just got them out of storage and washed them yesterday, so maybe I'll try switching today...
  • Ugh...slightly annoyed now.

I had an appointment yesterday with my endo to check thyroid (more visits throughout the pregnancy, where as other times it's usually just once a year). 

They had called Monday saying that a letter was sent out saying the appointment was cancelled and they were just verifying.  I received no letter but, okay, whatever.  So I called just now to resched the appointment and they say he's out because he had back surgery and won't have any openings until the new year.  The hell.  That's a long stretch for me to go without getting my thyroid levels checked.  I get that you have your own medical issues you need to deal with but you have responsibilities to your patients too, you didn't do that good a job checking on upcoming appointments and handling them appropriately.  It's not the end of the world but definitely annoying me.

so had to leave a message with his med assistant to see if I could just go in for the bloodwork, which doesn't requ an appointment, and have one of the other non-endo doctors or my midwife verify I'm still in range. And frankly the appointments seemed unnecessary to me.  He basically took my blood pressure and listened to my heart which my midwife does all the time and then felt my thyroid, which frankly there's been no issues with so I don't' think we need to be that concerned as long as the blood work is coming back fine. 

/end bitchin' :-p

• Loading the player...
  • all such great photos :-)
  • Guys. I just went to the bathroom at work and it looks like a freaking crime scene! There's blood all over the walls in one of the stalls...WTF?!

I reported it.....but damn, I wanna know wtf happened!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Guys. I just went to the bathroom at work and it looks like a freaking crime scene! There's blood all over the walls in one of the stalls...WTF?!

I reported it.....but damn, I wanna know wtf happened!

I almost threw up eating my lunch.  I hope no one died.  

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited October 2016
    Yikes!! That sounds both intriguing and disgusting... are you talking spatter or smears? 

Adding tag lol @scifichick09
    Pregnancy Ticker

eeeeeewwwwwuuuhh

• LOL  and now I will too.  and i'll own it!
  • @LilyASF42 every time I see your SN I think "Lily as f---" I know that isn't what it means. But I just do lol
    Me too!
  • A little late to the game here - I spent most of the last two days on planes. But yesterday my FIL sent me that video that @SpicyWeiner posted. I made the mistake of watching it on the airport shuttle (with earbuds of course). I was laughing so hard I was crying, but I think other people on the shuttle maybe thought I was crying hysterically over something sad.  I cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard over something on the internet.

@LivingLaVidaGinger how is your pregnancy pillow working out for you? I LOVE mine, but last night I woke up on my back once and my stomach (??) twice. Though I was kind of half on my stomach, which turned out to be perfectly comfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @peachesnbean @LilyASF42 I also see Lily as F.... Glad I'm not alone  :D
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LilyASF42 every time I see your SN I think "Lily as f---" I know that isn't what it means. But I just do lol
    Me three ! 

• @madamerwin it'll deliver to my house tomorrow! I'm a little too excited now because I was so uncomfortable last night. I'll have to let you know what I think Thursday morning! Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love "lifestyle" photography @poetryandoceans! The photographer I found that I can afford trends a little bit more toward the posing side of the scale based on her portfolio, but I think she'll work with us to keep things simple.

I loved my engagement photos too @MrsDramaK. We did avoid any props, silly poses, etc. and just had shots of us walking around the park together. It was pretty essential as practice for H, because he turned out to be extremely camera shy.
  • @Xstatic3333 yeah we were just walking round the arboretum where we got engaged.  Since our friend had recently graduated he did it for $100 and gave us all 200ish photos uneditied, plus 40ish that he edited to look better.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    Yikes!! That sounds both intriguing and disgusting... are you talking spatter or smears? 

Adding tag lol @scifichick09

@kswiger it was more smears than splatter. Like maybe someone had bloody hands and was touching everything?

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @scifichick09  At my last job, we had a phantom pooper.  No joke.   Random turds would be in a stall, in the hallway between the stalls, etc.   We had to have a meeting with HR and RE Management about keeping the bathrooms clean and to remember other people use them.  HORRIFYING.

• +1 for reading Lily As Eff.

The glamour shots comment has me cracking up!
  • OMG @leslie1331 That sounds horrible!! I don't even understand how someone does that....just poop in the toilet...it's not that hard...

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @leslie1331  oh man! we have a phantom pooper here at my job too. not on the floor, but randomly unflushed in the stalls. my nickname for this person is "the stealthy shitter". and i look at everyone kind of sideways wondering who it is....
    welcoming our ewok 2/6/17
  • We just found out that my DD favorite school
    teacher (preschool) is leaving. I'm so sad and broken hearted for her.  I can't seem to control the tears over this.  I need to get a grip!!!! 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• edited October 2016
    We need a engagement/wedding/maternity/newborn photo aw thread lol. I never got engagement photos but I had a bridal shoot in the fall months after we got married so we'd have some more romantic intimate photos. I still love them. 

So the PP who had the phantom pooper reminded me of when I used to waitress at a seafood restaurant. In my three years there, there were so many poop incidents it's kind of ridiculous. *graphic poop story ahead* This one lady shat herself in her booth and left a diarrhea trail all the way to the bathroom where when she pulled her pants down, she missed the toilet and literally shit everywhere. It was disgusting but I still laugh that my dickhead of a boss had to clean it up. >:)
    Waitressing for 6 years taught me that people are freaking gross, dude. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger People are SO GROSS. I have some awful retail stories from bathrooms AND fitting rooms. yuck
  • @Gretchypoo omg I can only imagine the gross fitting room stories. Do people really have sex in fitting rooms?? Apparently that's a thing my sweet virginal mind didn't know existed. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I literally can not even comprehend these poop stories! How is that even possible?! Why are people so disgusting? 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers