April 2017 Moms

Symptoms thread 10/19

HGRichHGRich member
edited October 2016 in April 2017 Moms
What's got you feeling less than your wonderful self this week? 

Any happy symptoms got you feeling like it's fun to be growing a human? 

Re: Symptoms thread 10/19

• Is anyone else still having a hard time with liquids? I really can only stomach orange juice. Yay for folic acid, but at some point, maybe water might be nice? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Still experiencing some nausea. With my first, it went away at 15 weeks. Hope its the same this time around.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Nausea is improving slowly, so I tried weaning off the diclegis this week. Big fail - first day I reduced my dosage, I threw up my breakfast. So I am going to stay on my current dose (4/day) and try again in a week. The way I see it is it's perfectly safe, and its covered by my insurance, so if it makes me feel better I am going to continue. Only downside is it makes me tired but I would rather be tired than throwing up, without question. I feel like something is wrong with me that I am still nauseous at 16 weeks which is frustrating though. 

Starting to feel what I think is round ligament pain (stretching/pulling sensations on my sides) but it's not necessarily painful, I am just aware of it. Needing to pee constantly is also getting better! I think it's because the uterus is moving up and pressing on the bladder less? Who knows. Whatever the reason, I am grateful :smiley:
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • shaunessashaunessa member
    edited October 2016
    HGRich said:
    So much bloat. Also the nausea has lessened some more from last week but still gagging in the morning before I eat and still suffering pretty constantly from dysgeusia. The exhaustion is real. I feel like I can't get enough sleep and I don't have the energy for errands and chores. Peeing allllll the time. Headaches have begun. Had a few of those over the weekend. 

Nightmares and super inappropriate dreams have made sleep interesting.  :D

Otherwise things have calmed down and I'm so grateful. The aches and cramps especially. I still get twinges but it's not constant. 
    Yes!!!
  • I thought I was less nauseous this week (13 weeks), but I just had to have my husband leave work to come pick me up because we had a field trip and the school bus on the way just about did me in.  I couldn't fathom riding it back to school again.  I left my kiddos with another teacher and I haven't even told my principal yet. I can't stop crying about the whole morning.

On a positive note, my hair looks amazing lately and I can go longer without washing in between. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @twistsandturnsto2 Pickle juice is so good! Pregnant or not! 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @kitkat8387 , I'm on medication pretty much throughout my pregnancies and sadly, it's completely normal for some women.  =/  I'm a couple weeks behind you, but I still throw up a couple of mornings a week.  Hang in there, mama.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • My symptoms seem to have gone away last week. Boobs deflated. Bloat gone. I should be happy but I am rather worried. Although this morning I did throw up (rare thing- only third time since I am pregnant), so weirdly, that made me feel better.... Also having nightmares from aliens to killers to miscarriages ALL the time! Scary. 
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @smallanimal  with you on the nightmares.  Nature is very cruel to not at least let pregnant women get some good sleep, IMO.
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Headaches. So. Many. Headaches. Every day. 

And nightmares.

You know, really enjoyable things :)
  • Still throwing up like it's my job. Heartburn and indigestion added this week as well.

@kcasset have you tried mixing water with lemonade or something similar? that seems to help me get a little bit down.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • That definitely makes up for it @HGRich

You and me with these serial killer nightmares! What is up with us?  Haha.  Oh yeah.  Hormones raging through our bodies.  Maybe it's a PGAL thing too. Just general worry. 
  • schef070911schef070911 member
    edited October 2016
    A few minutes ago I was sitting at my desk at work when for a period of 4-5 seconds I felt like my heart was pounding really fast and doing flip-flops.  Then back to complete normal.  Apparently those are heart palpitations and are normal during pregnancy due to increased blood volume - has anyone else experienced those?  They don't sound serious (especially since I don't have any known heart issues) but they were kinda freaky!!
    Edited:typos
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @schef070911, Yes! I have been experiencing those every so often the last couple days too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mylittleirvz Good to know I'm not the only one - I put a call into my OB this afternoon but I won't hear back until Monday. Better safe than sorry I figure! Just dreading telling DH because he is going to freak out and worry no matter how many websites I show him saying it's typical.  :/
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @schef070911 happens to me a lot.  I get very out of breath when I teach too. But not during exercise. 
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @schef070911 I had them a lot with DD and just this week they started coming back this time around. I get them really, really bad. My OB last time had even set up an appointment with a cardiologist for me because it was getting really scary. I never went through with the appointment and they went away a few weeks after DD was born. 

I just need to whine for a minute. My body hurts sooooo bad already! Today I moved myself a little to fast playing with DD at the park. (running on a merry-go-round) Like 5 minutes, guys. And for the rest of the day I feel like I can barely walk. My hip joints have so much pain. And my pelvis just aches. I have to limp around and even be careful how I sit because it seems my body gets stuck in certain positions and it hurts to move out of them. It sucks. I am only 15 weeks and I don't want to have to just sit on the couch for the next 25 weeks. I was really sore with DD, but it got worse more towards the end. I feel like I went from throwing up 1st tri to can't get out of bed 3rd tri. I want the happy middle part. Wahhhhh!

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anyone experiencing coccyx pain?? I'm 14 weeks and it started on Thursday and has not got any better despite heat, ice, tylenol, and rest
  • This week: headache, and stuffy nose that seems to be staying forever now.  OTher than that, all symptoms gone.  Boobs deflated and not sore, tummy gone down a bit.  Not losing weight though, which is good, perhaps it is just moving around.  Baby fine (HB today), so not too anxious.  
    The other thing I have been having since the beginning is hot feet at night.  Sometimes so hot it is uncomfortable and I need to put a cold wet towel on it.  Anyone else? 
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @stephred292 I am! It's so wierd! I haven't tried much to stop it, but I'm going to ask my chiropractor if there's anything we can try
  • I am glad to see that I'm not the only one having crazy nightmares as well! I thought it was the book I was reading lol, which I'm sure wasn't helping

BabyFruit Ticker

DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • Last night I was Tom Hanks trying to help a young woman adopt a baby from a mystery foreign country.  The people did not want to adopt their babies to us and it was incredibly dangerous.  I was leading the woman through abandoned buildings as they chased us with guns and grenades.

Yup. Weird stuff. I'm not sure if she got the baby in the end or not. 
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • This will probably turn into a whine/pity party but I am SO over the fatigue and general feeling of always pushing myslef too hard. I'm starting to feel like all I do is have to make excuses as to why I have to sit and rest or I can't do the things that need to get done. Sleep and laying around watching tv are great and all, but I've got the house to take care of, reorganizing everything to make room for the baby, work, chasing a toddler, and keeping my husband happy too. I just want my energy back
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I too feel whiny today - my hips hurt so bad today I feel like I am already doing the "pregnant waddle" because of it and I'm not very big yet! Also, I am tired of feeling out of breath ALL.THE.TIME. I feel like I constantly need to sit down and catch my breath after doing hardly anything or else I feel light headed and miserable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Throwing up your snack in the ymca family locker room toilet.  Everybody's idea of a good time, right?  Only 25 weeks to go!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17