Wednesday Ticker Change (10/26)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite animal?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (10/26)

• 26 weeks. Kale! No appt until mid November. 

I am ravenous and no amount of food can make my hunger go away! I was doing well with my weight management until a few weeks ago. 

This week is so busy with work and family events going on. I feel pulled in 592 different directions. I can't wait until Thanksgiving just for a little break. 

I really like sloths. They are so cute! 
  • How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? Grapefruit or Chinchilla

When is your next appointment? Not until Nov 17th for regular checkup and glucose test

Symptom changes? No real changes. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? We spent the weekend packing because we thought we were moving this week (see TWT post) and a few times I got some pressure in my lower abdomen and had to take a break. I think the baby might have kicked my cervix a few times, is that possible? It really freaked DH and I out and he wanted me to stop completely but we ended up compromising with me sitting at the kitchen table and him bringing me things to wrap in bubble wrap.

GTKY: What is your favorite animal? Oh boy, it might be easier to list my non-favorites which are... none. I am partial to rodents though because I feel like they get a bad rap.

@fourPsinapod my DH is weird and he claims he doesn't trust sloths and that they creep him out. So naturally I send him every cute sloth picture I find. My pinterest account thinks I'm obsessed with sloths lol. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...

How big is baby? The size of a box of Kraft Mac N Cheese

When is your next appointment? Mid-November.  Still on the every 4 week schedule.

Symptom changes? My back has recently started killing me and I can't get comfortable.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I just hate my job a little more every day.

GTKY: What is your favorite animal? I'm a cat person
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    24 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    a puffin! Squeee!
    Nov 9th
    Symptom changes? 
    Ditto on the feeding frenzy @fourPsinapod I have eaten more chocolate in the past 7 days than in the past 3 months put together.
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 

To keep or to look at? SO calls me honey badger, so I guess that one for looking at. Apparently they're quite the escape artist, there was a documentary on PBS awhile back. I would love to have a donkey, once we actually move into our forever home/hobby farm.

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? Bump app says grapefruit.  What kind of giant-ass grapefruits are they looking at???

When is your next appointment? Today, actually, because I'm pretty sure I have a UTI.  But my next scheduled appointment is next Friday.

Symptom changes? I've been feeling really good except for the possible UTI.  Just effing hungry.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Still trying to decide whether I really need to take the birthing class.  I want to go all natural if at all possible, and I don't want to overthink it.  It just doesn't seem that f'ing complicated.  And I'm a bossy-ass bitch, so if I need to know something during the birth, I figure I'll just... I don't know, ask?

GTKY: What is your favorite animal? My dog is my favorite thing of all the things.
  • How far along are you? 
    25 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Per my appointment yesterday by belly we are messuring at 28 weeks. (Which is how pregnant I believed I was, but the dating US disagreed.)

2 weeks from now with an US to figure out how big this baby actually is!  Also doing 2 more weeks of finger pricks for my blood sugar. Number still look good though!

Symptom changes? 
    Just a little achy still! Some twinges of heartburn but tums or milk fix it.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Looking forwards to the holidays! Ready for this house refinancing to go through!
    Totally over work :/

Really I just love how much happier/normal I feel this pregnancy compared to my first. We went out for BIL band playing this past weekend and I had a lot of fun! 

Dogs! We have a Yorkie Poo - hoping for a second dog at some point soon!
  • How far along are you? 
    22 weeks

How big is baby? 
    A coconut

Nov 22nd, an ultrasound to check on low lying placenta, and a regular dr appt afterward

Symptom changes? 
    still all the same issues, but having more trouble getting comfortable and sleeping already. Definitely feeling more baby movement which is awesome!

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Bills are pissing me off, cuz I have so many due in the middle of the month, looking at my bank acct after paying makes me die a little inside.

I love lions, and really all cats of all kinds and sizes :)

• 24 weeks today!

Appointments- I go to the mfm every 2 weeks. I had another exam and cervical check up today, but in 2 more weeks I'm getting another ultrasound just to check fetal growth and fluid levels and doing my glucose tolerance test. 

Symptoms- I've been feeling more pressure when walking that scares me (reminiscent of the pressure they kept telling me was normal before I lost my twins). The mfm said my cervix feels great and suggested ordering a Prenatal Cradle support band. I guess I'll try it?

Rant/raves/questions- I'm happy to be over 23 weeks where my baby has a chance at survival if born early. Each week now will hopefully help my anxiety! Another good thing- we finally told our parents and siblings about this pregnancy. 

GTKY- Favorite animal- toss up between cats and alpacas. I'd like to have an alpaca farm someday if we ever live in the country.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

How big is baby? Grapefruit or Chinchilla

When is your next appointment? Not until Nov 17th for regular checkup and glucose test

Symptom changes? No real changes. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? We spent the weekend packing because we thought we were moving this week (see TWT post) and a few times I got some pressure in my lower abdomen and had to take a break. I think the baby might have kicked my cervix a few times, is that possible? It really freaked DH and I out and he wanted me to stop completely but we ended up compromising with me sitting at the kitchen table and him bringing me things to wrap in bubble wrap.

GTKY: What is your favorite animal? Oh boy, it might be easier to list my non-favorites which are... none. I am partial to rodents though because I feel like they get a bad rap.

@fourPsinapod my DH is weird and he claims he doesn't trust sloths and that they creep him out. So naturally I send him every cute sloth picture I find. My pinterest account thinks I'm obsessed with sloths lol. 
    Send him a video of baby sloths getting baths. Omg. 
  • @NiceyMeany as a fellow bossy ass bish I totally get where you are coming from. I am taking a class that was recommended by a friend that I really trust. 

The reason she and her H raved about the class was that they were so prepared for all the things that could happen during L&D. Part of my bossiness is the need to be informed. lol

I am also taking it because I would like to go natural. I tend to have adverse reactions to medication. I figured any tools to help make that happen would be a good thing. 

Just my two cents. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17