February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (10/24)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/24)

• How about a "crappy teenage shows that grown ass pregnant women are obsessed with" thread?  :p
    Just a tv show thread in general would be pretty cool! It'd be all inclusive and we wouldn't have to make a thread for different tv shows every time something monumental happened. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Idk, TWD and GoT will always get their own threads...
  • June BMB is already discussing names. I feel like I was just concerned with making it this far in that point of pregnancy. 
  • tishb said:
    June BMB is already discussing names. I feel like I was just concerned with making it this far in that point of pregnancy. 
    I think our name thread started pretty early. Not that early, but early. Of course I'm over here still totally stumped. 

@SpicyWeiner yes, they need their own threads. Because spoilers. 
  • I just went through the rigamarole of booking maternity photos. Now is a good time to be thinking about it for you, because at 29 weeks, I am apparently running way behind. I had to scramble to find someone who had availability. 

They suggest you arrange the shoot between 33-36 weeks, apparently, so that you're sufficiently "popped" but not so uncomfortable that you hate the photography process. I personally think I'm popped enough now, but we're doing ours Dec 1. 
  • kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited October 2016
    @FishyMom usually start finding a photographer now to see who's available and can get you scheduled. They will usually recommend the time frame that they like to photograph maternity, some prefer 34-36 weeks, some 32-34 weeks- it also depends on how obviously you're showing. Some people will opt for earlier if they're showing enough! 

As for clothes some some photographers have maternity gowns they lend during shoots. I also recommend wearing something comfortable and that you feel attractive in. Empire waisted items are usually flattering and showcase the bump well :) 
  • homemake said:
    @fourPsinapod are they trick or treating over the weekend rather than on Halloween? Someone asked me this about my area but I just assumed we'd be doing it on Monday. 
    Ours is on Sunday during the day!
  • Personally im not a fan of maternity shoots (mainly cause im a little odd & would feel so uncomfortable) but im currently looking into a newborn shoot. I had found  a photographer i really liked but she doesnt gibe you the option of buying the digital images & wouldnt give me a comprehensive price list for the options after the session so ive decided against her & my search comtinues
  • @Janefelicity that's so strange she wouldn't give you a price list, makes me wonder if her prices are sky high and she just tries to capitalize off seeing cute newborn photos to pressure parents into buying them anyways. YIkes. Good call on moving on! 
  • @yogadevil & @Xstatic3333 i was disappointed as this photographers work & style is some of the best ive seen. I dont mind paying for the quality i want but if im paying a lot of money i want the images. Im not into ott prints all over the house & her response to my questions was literally pay me £50 for the studio session, then come in and well put together a package to suit you once you see the pics. Her stance on the digital images is that she doesnt want anyone else messing with her creativity which they can do if they have the digital images. i dont want to mess with the pics, just be able to print some off if i feel like it next year or to put in a frame of my own choice when im ready :neutral:
  • As soon as I hit 12 weeks I booked my newborn photographer. It's someone I have known for ~9 years through different message boards and such. I love her work! She is giving me a great deal inclusive of digital prints with the rights, and especially since she has to travel from Florida's west coast to east coast. I'm so excited. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you're looking to save money you could always seek out new photographers. I'm still learning but I always want the opportunity for a photoshoot so I do them for free so far. I provide as many edited shots as I can because I mostly do it for friends or family or friends of friends. Maybe I'm just an idiot though and should be charging.  :p
  • You should def be charging even a nominal fee for
    your time @homemake
  • We used the hospital photographer last time to do newborn shots with DS and us on his last day in the hospital. It was super quick and easy, so we will be doing that again. 

We don't pay for lifestyle shots usually. I feel like iPhone photo quality is good enough for me. We do usually do a Christmas card photo shoot with my BFFs family where we all go do outdoor pics and she takes my family's pics and I take hers. So I guess this year that will double as a maternity shoot cause I'll be pretty preggo around the thanksgiving time when we usually do pics.  
  • The pictures I want to take are not full on maternity.  I told the photographer that I want to do a family shoot with a little bit of an accent on the bump, but not the whole shoot based on that.  So I think anything they do like that will be perfect.  I also decided I am going to schedule a maternity StitchFix and delegate the task of figuring out what to wear to them and then I will coordinate everyone.

******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• I want some maternity shots but my mom is going to take them or a friend of ours. I'm really considering doing a newborn photoshoot, though- those are SO HARD to do.
  • No plans for formal maternity shoots.  Just photos of me and my belly during whatever events/activities we are already going to/doing.  Newborn shots we will also do ourselves, we did pretty good with our first born with photos.  Certainly not professional and fancy but we like them.  I do want to do formal family photoshoot sometime in the spring once baby is a bit more alert and the weather warms.
  • good luck!!  we took our 2 year old on his first flight a few months back and we were so pleasantly surprised with how well he did.  I hope you guys have the same luck!
  • @raptormama omg that hair!! So sweet!!
  • Good luck!!!!  She will do great @raptormomma!  And I love her hair!  I am so jelly DD hair is all over the place.
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• No maternity shots, here, eehh, not comfortable with my body this way to be honest. 
    Plan on doing newborn pics though, going to do some sort of nerdy shoot because I cannot help myself. 
    I love so many of these ideas here, not sure how I am going to pick. 
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/melissaharrison/gloriously-geeky-newborns?sub=3749288_5465568&utm_term=.wjpawK3Dgm#.yhwmxKMjwp

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • My friends dad is an amature photographer and is going to do some family shots of us somewhere between Thanksgiving and Xmas.  We may use them as Xmas cards but I really want one of those pictures of my kid kissing my belly. 
  • @PerraSucia lol that's great!

But hey on another note our kids are diaper twins! I love the look of cloth on little babes ❤️️
  • @PerraSucia omg that is hilarious!! 
  • @PerraSucia sometimes the photo fails are the best though :-D  We've got some cute ones we managed to capture but a lot of the weirdo ones are my favorites and make me laugh every time :-)
  • @PerraSucia lol that's great!

But hey on another note our kids are diaper twins! I love the look of cloth on little babes ❤️️
    We totally failed at CD. We were changing him hourly and his pee was either crazy acidic or he was a peeing machine and kept getting urine burns. We tried the flushable liners, flannel, and like 5 other things but after 3 months we just caved to disposable. I was told pocket diapers may have been the solution but I didn't want to buy a whole new stash that didn't work D:
  • lol love it!  oh the drama!  :-)