January 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 10/25

What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: 

When's your next appointment? 

GTKY:  What's your favorite holiday tradition? (Stolen from many other days because I like it and my brain is fried.)

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 10/25

• What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 30 weeks today! He's just over three pounds and his measurements were about a week ahead on the ultrasound. 

Nope. I'm on bed rest for the rest of this week so that means nothing crazy this week. I'm mostly just stalking the registries now. 

Ugh. I'm stuck in the hospital with preterm contractions (not too regular or strong). All my swabs were negative but I showed a shortened cervix (2.1cm rather than 3.5cm+ that they hope to see on the transvaginal ultrasound), so I earned myself an observational hospital stay with lots of medicine to stop the contractions, steroid shots to develop his lungs, and tons of poking/prodding/machines. I'm really just hoping to keep this little Peanut going for at least six more weeks, but we'll see if my uterus cooperates. Also ladies - listen to your body! I felt like something was "different". I knew it sounded crazy, but DH was completely supportive. I'm so glad I came in. 

When's your next appointment
    ? I guess the better question now would be when don't I have an appointment?

GTKY:  What's your favorite holiday tradition? I used to love going to the pumpkin patch as a kid to get fresh cider and donuts on Sunday mornings in fall. With my food allergies, this isn't an option for me anymore, but I really hope to start it up again when Peanut is old enough! Also it's small, but I have to watch the original cartoon Grinch every year before it feels like Christmas. 
  • I'm thread-stalking technically since I moved over to Sunday ticker change but I totally missed that you were in the hospital @christac1010! Hope he stays put and your contractions lay off! Have you been able to get any rest with them?
  • Loading the player...
  • What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

27 weeks. Size of lettuce

Still just trying to get into our new house so I can set up the nursery. All of DSs baby clothes is out of storage so hopefully start going through that and figure out what we need. He was a summer baby and while FL winters aren't super cold still might need a few warmer things in the smaller sizes. 

Peoples comments about the size of my belly are getting super annoying. Or the "oh wow you still have 3 months left". Symptoms are about the same. Back pain and some trouble sleeping. 

GTKY:  What's your favorite holiday tradition? (Stolen from many other days because I like it and my brain is fried.)

I love thanksgiving! Watching the parade, football and just having tons of family around. We also use the long thanksgiving weekend to go buy our Christmas tree and as DS gets older it is so much fun to watch him get excited about picking out the tree and decorating. I'm really looking forward to having one last Christmas with him as an only child and keep up traditions that hopefully he will be excited to share with his new baby brother!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @canavara Thank you! They're actually not as strong since they started the medicine, but the tightness/pressure is just annoying. It's hard to get any rest because the nurses are constantly taking vitals and these monitors are uncomfortable AF. I have to get the second steroid shot for his lungs, but then I'm hoping to be released this afternoon. Granted it's to home on bed rest for the rest of the week, but I just want to be at home without the disruptions (also soft pillows, blankets, and cat cuddles)!

• What's new with your little obe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

28 weeks! Baby is huge and a mover! I can't believe how active he is, he is going to come out a runner like his mama.

Not so much this week, but last weekend I nested the crap out of my house. I cleaned the bathrooms under the sinks (Which was a dumping ground for every little thing). Now it is organized which feels good. DH also organized the garage, he also laid a floor down in the attic, so a lot of random stuff in the garage got moved to the attic. not directly baby related, but stuff that I want to do before baby gets here. Other than our master closet and the office, I think everything else is organized the way I want it to be, which means maybe my nesting will calm down a little bit. 

I've been feeling so large lately! I know 20 pounds isn't a lot to gain, especially when I started skinny for my height, but it feels so big. My doctors say that it is normal, and I have nothing to worry about. But honestly, the number on the scale is starting to scare me. Anyone else feeling very self conscious of their bodies? 

2 weeks, I had a short appointment today to get my Rhogam shot. Ugh, I missed the memo that it was in your butt, and hurts. I am still confused as to why I need it if H and I are both RH Negative.  I also not my glucose test results back, I had a 114, so I passed pretty easily. And the results for the iron test show that I am not even close to being anemic, so no need for extra Iron. 

My family is Polish, so my favorite tradition is making perogi on Christmas Eve. Perogi is a traditional Polish pasta that is filled with all sorts of goodies,bu traditionally on Christmas Eve it is a meatless variety.  We normally stick with cheese and potato but have done mushrooms and also cabbage perogi before. It is such a fun tradition of making perogi all day and then feasting on it before Christmas Eve mass. This year we will be alone, so it will be my first time making them by myself. I get a little sad thinking about missing out on helping all my sisters and mom making perogi on Christmas Eve this year.

Baby's cortex is getting more sulci and gyri! Also putting on more body fat! I'm 30 weeks today. 

Getting the last deep cleaning finished this week. Put the finishing orders in for our cloth diaper stash. Made a bunch of freezer meals that we can test drive, so I know what to make in December! 

I'm just trying to get this big thing at school finished before I have this baby, and it keeps getting held up, which is frustrating. 

Thursday for a growth scan. My uterus measured 3-4 weeks ahead last week at my appt. 

I have two! 1) Going to see a movie on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, then going to eat ham sandwiches at my Nanny's (grandmother) house. 2) Santa would bring us pajamas on Christmas Eve! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• @christac1010 Fingers crossed he hangs out in there a lot longer!

@cjs260 Good luck at the scan! I was also measuring 3-4 weeks ahead at the last appt and hoping it's just me and not the baby.

What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 30 weeks!

Nope not really. His room is finished and I'm waiting to get the final baby items until after my sprinkles next month. 

I LOVE Prilosec. I have having the absolute worst heartburn all the time and since I've started meds I feel totally normal again. Last time I was pregnant I was very anti-meds and just suffered through the heartburn, I wish I hadn't!

Friday, just a general appt and we'll be scheduling a growth scan for 34 weeks. 

GTKY:  What's your favorite holiday tradition? I love baking and decorating sugar cookies. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

27 weeks, size of a lettuce...TB has weird comparisons.  I thought it was so cool last week that the baby now has a sense of equilibrium, but it's so bizarre that when they gain that, then they want to be upside down ;)

We have had our house on the market for almost 4 weeks now (a spontaneous thing), and are remodeling an apartment/part of our business property to move to for a year to two to save money and pay off some business loans.  Needless to say, I feel a little crazy, especially with two toddlers already, but I'm just going with the flow!  As long as the diapers, wipes, pack n play, and newborn clothes are accessible when this babe is born, the rest can be handled after that!

I've been having a sharp pain in my abdomen when I work out, but it seems to lessen if I'm wearing my support belt.  I just get frustrated that I can't work out full tilt like everyone else in the room.

A week from today, 28 weeks, then every two weeks!  Yikes

We go casual black Friday shopping (with my mom, sister, and uncle), and I love to mark things off the Christmas buying list, go out to breakfast and lunch, spend time with family, and have at least a half day off from being mom!
    29 weeks and baby is the size of an acorn squash.

I finished sorting all of the clothes I have bought or received for the baby into sizes. Now I need to figure out what I want to hang up and what will go in a dresser. 
    Shortness of breath and not being able to breath from her being so high up has been a pain.

I have an ultrasound next Tuesday to see if my placenta has moved up at all. after the ultrasound iS a normal OB appointment.
    GTKY:  What's your favorite holiday tradition? when I was younger I loved pputting milk and cookies out for Santa with a note to him. in the morning we would always wake up to a written note from him. I also love baking with tthe family.