Pregnant after IF

3rd trimester check-in : week of 10/24

mskeenanmskeenan member
edited October 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: what has been your favorite gift or purchase you've made for the baby ? 

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@sassysd7: EDD 10/31/16 with a little girl and a little boy
@tvh1982: EDD 11/11/16 with a little girl
@ZoeFer: EDD 11/14/16 with a little girl
@Rachd110: EDD 11/19/16 on team green
@mskeenan: EDD 11/20/16 with a little boy
@capps42613: EDD 12/6/16 with a little boy
@kuposa17: EDD 12/7/16 with a little boy
@erica0901: EDD 12/8/16 with a little boy
@Griffin5413 EDD 12/28/16 with a little boy
@ultratomato EDD 12/29/16 with twin girls 
@Drove2u EDD 1/4/17 with a little girl
@vssbrm EDF 1/14/17 with a little boy 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: 3rd trimester check-in : week of 10/24

• Happy Monday! 34 weeks this week. We had our baby shower over the weekend and made out very well. We spent all day yesterday at babies r us getting the rest of what we needed & putting the nursery together. I feel good knowing that we could bring him home today and not have to worry. We'll be completely done soon enough. However, my lower back is paying the price for all of my hard work lol. 

QOTW: my favorite gift is just a few things that hold sentimental value. We had a few baskets, signs, blankets, etc with his name embroidered on it. 

****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi Ladies... Happy Monday! I woke up this morning wide awake at 3am already stressed out about work. I'm definitely paying the price now as I'm exhausted! I'm definitely feeling a little overwhelmed with life in general the last few weeks. Work is really stressful, the delay in our house build is stressful, holidays are stressful and feeling totally unprepared for baby b/c we aren't settled is stressful. LOL. I'm generally a glass half full kind of girl so I'm really trying to focus on the positive. 

QOTW: my parents had the cradle that my brother and I were both in refinished and my mom made new bumper pads etc for. I think that definitely has the most meaning. Another is that one of my girlfriends' moms made him a quilt that will match the room. I'm definitely a sucker for handmade or personal gifts like that. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies! I turned 28 weeks on Saturday!! So excited to have made it to 3rd tri!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have 1 boy baking in there. My due date is 1/14/17, but we are and have been baking a week fast, so we shall see. Hopefully he will be a week early and not just a huge baby! At 24 wk u/s he was a half lb heavier than tpy. I'm 5'3" and normally (pre infertility drugs) weigh only around 110, so I'm getting a little nervous I'm going to have a baby the size of my nephew, he was over 9 lbs! (my SIL is very tall). 

@Griffin5413 how delayed is your house from being ready to move in? Our renovation is SO close. My contractor called to say that he got insulation inspection today so we are 1 day early. I'll take it - but we were 2 mths behind sched from starting when we wanted to. I can't wait for the drywall to start going up this week, then cabinets next weeek!

We have not gotten any super sentimental gifts yet.  Our shower is on the 13th, so we will see then. We also have not really purchased much yet. 
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Hey ladies ! 36 weeks here . Feeling ok just getting anxious . Felt some Braxton hicks contractions today that felt strange . Other than that nothing new . I have an appointment on Friday but nothing exciting going on at that appointment other than vitals and peeing on a stick . 

@capps42613 I'm with ya on the feeling the work of finishing the nursery . It's so hard to remember to slow down when it feels like there is so much to prepare !! Glad you had a great shower :) 

@griffin5413 I'm sorry you are feeling stressed !! I wake up in the middle of the night freaking out about not being prepared , too . Hang in there !! That is so cool you get to use your old cradle ! 

@vssbrm welcome to third tri !!! I'll add you . My baby was measuring big too earlier and I'm nervous about having a ten pounder . My husband was over 10 lbs and his sisters were 9 pounders . Ouch !!!!

QOTW : I know this is weird and not at all sentimental but I'm super excited about my breast pump and breast feeding pillow and cover ups . I don't know why I am so excited to breast feed . If I can produce enough milk I'm planning on donating milk to a local milk bank in addition to feeding my lil guy 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @Jerseygirl856 Glad you checked in! How adorable... Enjoy your blessing! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @jerseygirl856 what a little cutie Leigh is !!! Thank you for updating us !! Please continue to !!! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• So glad you popped by @jerseygirl856. She's adorable!

Welcome to 3tri @vssbrm! Getting closer to the finish line!

I feel you @griffin5413. I got the key to my place last week and that was freaking me out as it took so long. Can imagine when you hear about delays!
    Its tough being all positive when you are growing a human and are full hormones. I just had a meltdown in front of the midwife who put me on the CGT scan!

Love the picture @capps42613!

Love the idea of donating breastmilk @mskeenan. I didn't think of that. Will have a look into it too.

AFM: I'm 37+4 and am hearing my baby's heartbeat while writting. She moves as shown with green squares on the screen and I might have felt 2 of those squares. My uterus is 'busy' so something is happening, but could still take ages.
    Besides that I'm exhausted and just want to sleep and wake up in 5 years.

QOTW: my favourite purchase is my rocking sheep. Everytime I saw it I so hoped 'one day'. So 10 minutes before my bonus dad and uncle drove the van back with all my stuff I quickly ran out and got it even though it was way to expensive for a rocking sheep.
    I also love the bassinet I have to borrow, it's from my sisters husbands side of the family, both my nieces have slept in it, and just that his mother asked my sister I would like to borrow it made it special. She's a very Christian lady and I'm not really following textbook by starting my own little family. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• So went to high risk dr yesterday and both babies are head down hopefully they can stay that way I don't want to do a c section if natural is an option. 
    QOTW: haven't had our baby shower yet so nothing sentimental yet. My mom did give me my christening gown and I hope to use mine and my husbands since his was a gown too but his mother needs to find it. But if both cannot be located then I will be buying new ones.

when is the right time to prepare diaper bag and hospital bag? And what should be in it?
  • vssbrm - we were supposed to close by the end of Oct. I've just resigned myself to know that there is no way nursery will be ready before baby gets here and most of the house is going to remain unpacked until after the holidays. 
    @Jerseygirl856 - Leigh is precious! Thanks for sharing!!!
    @mskeenan- what a cool idea of donating milk. Here I worry about having enough just for the baby and you are already hoping to help out others! 
    tvh1982 - I would imagine having to go in every other day for the monitoring would be a double edge sword. On the one hand, awesome to be able to see baby is ok but frustrating to not be able to feel all of that yourself and have to go in. You are getting so close! Hopefully you are getting somewhat settled into your new place.
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hello all ! I am 37w+1 d today.
    I  could not check in last week, i have been so busy lately. My coworkers and I realized that there is not much time left for me so I have been trying to finish up all the stuff at work. I work in a lab and I thought that I was done with bench work but I had to do bunch of experiments last week, it was super tiring. Also my parents arrived this weekend and it s been helping a lot. They cleaned and organized the nursery, I did not know seeing the crib and changing table ready and clean would make me so sentimental and excited :)) My MIL and my aunt knitted some sweater for our little girl, they are so small and cute . Also my MIL write a poem for everything she knits, it was so exciting to read them. I am doing mostly well , sleeping better this week. I had some abdominal pain/cramps this weekend I do not know what they were,  They are gone now.

@Jerseygirl856 congrats on the baby girl ! Leigh is adorable !!!

@tvh1982 I have read last week that you have to be monitored because you can not feel the baby movements. I am so sorry about that. I am so glad that they are taking this seriously and you are monitored well though. Congrats on your house and I hope this new house brings you and your baby girl lots of happiness and good memories ! Try not to tire yourself too much, you will need all the energy for the baby !

@griffing5413 best of luck with the new house, it is easy to say but try not to stress about it. Baby will not need a nursery for a long time. It is mostly for us. The new recommendation from the pediatrics is to have the baby sleep in your room for a long time. That s what we will do as well.I am sure you will get all the necessary things ready for the baby and you can organize everything slowly ! It is more important to have a happy and non-stressed mom for your baby than an organized nursery ! I am sure you will be fine !!!

@ultratomato we might be already late but I will prepare my hospital bag this week, I think it might be good to bring your hospital bag to the dr appointments in case they find out something at the appointment and you could be sent out to hospital immediately. That s what happened to two of my friends. Having the bag and car seat ready at 36-37 weeks make sense to me.

• oghh I started to follow some of you ladies on instagram, my username is zeyserfer if you want to follow but I do not put too much personal pictures there. Maybe that could change after the baby`s arrival though. 
  • Thank you @zoefer and @griffin5413 I'm just glad it's possible to know what's going on inside me @Griffin5413

I sendt you a request @zoefer. For others that would like to follow mine is 'tanjavanhedel' it's private account as I post pictures of nieces and other kids...but feel like I know you ladies :smile:

I only packed my bag this week @ultratomato, as I am planning on home birth I postponed it. Everything for my home birth is ready (our insurance send us a box full stuff and our maternity carer gives us a list with what one needs at home) My midwife gave me a list for a hospital bag: 
    BABY: 2 outfits, 2 onesies, 2 diapers, socks, hat, 2 wraps and a jacket.
    MOTHER: tshirt or pj's for delivery, clothes/pj's for after delivery and to wear when going home, (bath)slippers, underwear and toiletries.
    EXTRA: car seat, camera, papers OB and papers from the maternity care provider.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @sassysd7 congratulations! The twins are perfect. Thanks for updating us. 

As far as I can remember, it seems like all these IVF babies have come before their due date. Can anyone else recall? I know they say that some IVF babies can come early for some reason, but it looks like everyone has been going early (but luckily most at term). Kinda makes me excited since I was induced 1 week later with DD (not through IVF).
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @capps42613 I have read on quite a few sites / IVF boards, that IVF babies are on average 2 weeks early!! If that proves true, I'll be having a New Year's Day baby!!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen

Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
  • @vssbrm then I may be delivering a little turkey instead of eating one  :# lol
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @sassysd7 congrats on the twins how many weeks weee u before you had ur c section? Just curious because I'm pregnant with twins and almost 29 weeks 
  • @sassysd7 so cute!! The pic did not show up last time I was here. I love his pose, it's like he's saying, " no more pics mom!!"

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• For anyone who wants to add me on IG I'm madsmartini (I've already added some of y'all ) 

omg @sassysd7 I was wondering about you and your lil babes !! Love the update and picture . So glad you are doing well . Your little ones are precious . A c-section sounds so very stressful but you are one tough cookie. I hope your recovery goes smoothly !! 

@capps42613 and @vssbrm I have heard the same about IVF babies being early . Not gonna lie that sorta freaks me out because I'm already 36 weeks and I am scheduled to work until 39 . I really don't want to go into labor at work . My friend that did IVF delivered at 38 weeks exactly and she warned me to be ready . 

@griffin5413 I also worry about producing enough milk with all my hormone issues . I'm really hoping I can . I've already found recipes for "booby bites " aka lactation cookies that have ingredients to help increase milk supply . May just be an excuse for me to eat some cookies but hell in gonna give it a shot !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan down to the wire!  :#

IG: c_belle_x0x0
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Look at those adorable twosome @sassysd7! I love this weeks check in with the extra baby updates!

Ok ladies, you kinda freak me out with the average of two weeks early! Im not ready, am a little dilated, have a very active uterus, but need my two weeks! (Not that I'll be ready then, it just like hit me, will I ever be ready?)

• If anyone wants to add me on IG my name is ultratomato99.
  • I just had an appointment with my midwife and got told I'm too high risk to have a home birth. 
    I honestly had a complete meltdown right there.
    As I don't feel my little girl move, I can't tell when movement is less, which means we don't have any indication if movement slows down. 
    I know it's a good thing that they don't take any risks, and like they said it only changes 4 walls, but this whole pregnancy hasn't gone as planned and it worries me that I soon am out of energy to like my baby. Which they made clear won't happen, as I'll have tons of energy left to love her.

• @tvh1982 sorry that you can't deliver at home but I guess this is the best option for you. Before you know it she will be in your arms 
  • Hi all! 30 weeks today! I wish I could be pregnant like two extra months. We haven't even started our nursery yet and it needs so much work. New floors, new walls, new ceiling, new closet. My husband has been away at a job and hasn't started the nursery. But had my baby shower this past weekend and it was so nice! We're pretty much all set with the gear but no place to put it yet. Ha!! 
  • @tvh1982 - I'm sorry you won't be able to do home but you definitely want to make sure baby is safe! 
    @sassysd7 - your beautiful little babies are so precious. I think I'm the most excited about the 3rd trimester thread b/c we get to see all of our little miracle babies as they are being born!!!
    @capps42613 and @vssbrm - I've really kind of been hoping he will come a little early b/c I'm already so stressed about the holidays... But now with our house not being done until Dec 7, that could mean baby might get here as we are trying to move. 
    ultratomato  @tvh1982 @mskeenan  ZoeFer  - I just followed all of you.. my instragram is bethgriffin5413 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tvh1982 ugh! Sorry to hear your plan foiled. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @tvh1982 I've been lurking on this thread while baby seeps on me (she's not a big fan of the bassinet ) I'm so sorry that you can't have the home birth you wanted. I just wanted to empathize with you. as you kknow, using ivf to a pregnant and dealing with everything involved with that is not part of the plan for most, and now that your baby's birth want be the way you imagined is another blow. the only thing I can offer you a that it issue ok to bbe upset and it's ok to ggrieve first the plan you had. nothing went the way I imagined from conception to birth to leaving the hospital .  you will have energy to love your baby. you will be overwhelmed by how much love you have. good luck girl! (I hope this makes sense , imy very tttired)
  • Thank you for your kind words @kidshrink. I had to read it twice, but it definitely makes sense.
    Im much more zen again and realise that I'm in good hands. 
    Nothing goes as planned, yet I'm almost at the finished line! 

Thats quite a list you have @drove2u
    I have my nursery almost ready and started last Monday...yet I didn't had to remodel the whole room, so that might not help to ease your mind.

• sassysd7sassysd7 member
    edited October 2016
    Thank you everyone! My recovery is going great. I think my knee surgery was worse lol.

ultratomato I was 36 weeks and 2 days. I was going to be induced that next day but we decided to let them go full term and induce at 37 weeks and 1 day. We never made it lol. I went to my regular OB appointment and found out I was 4 cm dilated. Off to L& D we went. We did really good considering my cervix was short. 

My IG name is satavia_g. 

By the way, my favorite gift we received were crocheted ABC baby blankets one of my friend's mother started making as soon as she found out we were pregnant. They are beautiful!

Me: 24 DH: 26

Together since October 24th, 2006

Married December 14th, 2011

TTC #1 since December 2011

First RE meeting 11/26/13 Tests normal for me DH low sperm count. New RE 11/2015

First cycle IVF: Jan 2016

01/2016: 20 days of BCP, Lupron started

01/28: 9 days of stims 150 units of gonal-f,  10 units of low dose HCG 

2/5: pregnyl 10,000 trigger

2/7: 15 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized,  5 made it to blast

2/12: 5 day transfer of 2! PUPO! WiIl test everyday.  I'm impatient : )

2/19: Developed OHSS! Ahhh! 

2/22: First Beta @10dp5dt 778.    2/24: Second beta @12dp5dt 1800+

Blogging experience: http://themptycradle.blogspot.com
  • @tvh1982 I'm so sorry to hear that you won't have the home birth but I echo with what pp said you will have plenty of energy to love your baby. During my CS I was able to experience skin to skin and right after I was closed up they placed her in my arms and It's been hard to put her down ever since. 
  • Thank you for your kind words @jerseygirl856
    I'm much more relaxed now and ready to do it this way.
    Just got back from my every other day check in the hospital and will get an introduction next week on how they work.
    Just have to get that hospital bag a little more ready than it is :smile: