January 2017 Moms

PGAL weekly check in 10.24.16

**so sorry this is late! Yesterday was just one of those days!**

also a HUGE congratulations to @carly79 who welcomed her rainbow baby girl M!! Please keep us updated on her journey! **

This is a weekly thread for those of us who are pregnant after experiencing loss of any stage (chemical, miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal) to support one another. 

Please introduce your self if this is your first time participating

Good of luck to those of us with appointments this week!

1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue?

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 

5. When is your next appointment? 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY - pulling at straws here ladies lol - uh...what's your favorite board game? 
TW: MMC
BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
———
Diagnoses and Treatments
PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
———
BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

Re: PGAL weekly check in 10.24.16

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue?
    30+1, Jan 2, green :)

Good. Had two awful leg cramps over the weekend. One one Friday night and one on Saturday. They were crippling! I've been dojng more stretching before bed and I think that's helping. I haven't had one since. 

Meh. I haven't gained weight since week 27.  I'm also on the low end of normal for total weight gain now for someone that had a "normal" BMI to start with. I'm not sure what that's about. I have been eating very healthy, even moreso since I failed the one hour GD test. That doesn't really explain the no weight gain though because I didn't become more aware of that until recently. Anyway, I'm going in on Thursday to get checked out. Trying it to freak out.

Thursday

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    Been getting a lot done for baby, so that feels great. Hired our doulas. Stil a lot to do, but feeling less unprepared right now.

Just my weight gain situation : / would love to hear from anyone that has been through something similar or has gone through something similar in a previous pregnancy 

8. GTKY - pulling at straws here ladies lol - uh...what's your favorite board game? 
    Scrabble!! Or Cards Against Humanity, if that fits into board game 
  • Yes! Big congrats to @Carly79!!

@LoneStar21416 I'm sorry you've got a worry this week, too. I don't have any particular advice, other than I'm in a similar boat for different reasons, and will be at the DR on Thursday, too. I hope that everything is fine, and I will be thinking of you! 

30 w, team pink! 

Pretty good. I can feel baby move so much these days that sometimes it gets tiring. But of course I will freak out if I go for too long without feeling her. Also, switching up between the bed and the recliner seems to be keeping my sleep in check. My heartburn has kept itself at a minimum the past week, which has been really nice. 

Okay. I was told last week that my uterus is measuring 3-4 weeks ahead, which could mean a whole mess of different things, ranging from benign to problematic. In retrospect, I really think the doctor was being a bit alarmist, so I'm trying to just think of this growth scan as an opportunity to see my little girl! 

Thursday for the growth scan

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    I'm trying very hard to get my qualifying exam (going from just a grad student to a PhD candidate) completed before I have this baby, which means I want to have it scheduled for at the latest, the 3rd week of December. I swear my mentor is dealing with everything possible before getting to my stuff, that I need his feedback on before I can proceed with asking my committee for permission to schedule my exam. I really, really don't want to do this after I come back from leave! 

Yay fall weather! 

We really don't play board games, but looooveeee Rook, Fluxx, CAH, Exploding Kittens, and Magic the Gathering. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Loading the player...
  • @Carly79 Congrats!  We were date twins- so now I feel like I'm so far behind.   Need to get working on that hospital bag and washing the baby clothes.  Hopefully she's continuing to do well in the NICU!

29 weeks 1/8 team pink

Nausea is starting to creep back into my life.  Not as bad as it was in the 1st Tri- but still wasn't something I wanted to deal with ever again.  She is moving around from day to day, so either my bladder is being crushed (yay constant trips to the bathroom for very little excretion) or my ribs feel like they are going to burst open.  Other than that (which is starting to feel normal) I feel fine, tired but fine. 

Most days I'm 100% fine- I can feel her moving around and am still getting some powerful jabs, but other days she moves in a way that I can't really feel her kicks and I start to get anxious.  Luckily most days she's in position to let me feel her, so I haven't had to many bad days.

Nov 1st

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    Raves- Had my first baby shower over the weekend.  Everything turned out really well and it was great seeing everyone.  Baby girl got lots of stuff and my cousin's 2 1/2 year old decided her name should be Baby- when pressed she decided on Baby Rose.  Hopefully she'll be okay with the name we pick.
    Rants- Out of all the baby clothes we got this weekend almost everything is Newborn sized.  She might never be able to wear any of it- since my belly is so big I am having a hard time believing she will be a tiny baby.  Almost everyone that came to the shower is a mother- how did no one think to buy in a bigger size?

Nope

My husband and I have a bunch of board games, but haven't really played any since Hurricane Sandy knocked out the power to his apartment for a week.  That week we played a lot of Life and Scrabble (we are now missing a K).  We do also like Cards Against Humanity if we are counting that.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @LoneStar21416 @cjs260 FX for Thursday. Hopefully nothing is wrong and it's just a good excuse to see baby

29 weeks

Most of the time pretty good. I broke down and bought a pregnancy support band. I noticed I was basically carrying the belly whenever I walked any considerable distance. Love it. If you are on the fence - get one! My big complaint right now is the itchy belly. Two weeks ago I got my first set of stretch marks and they are SO itchy but it hurts if I scratch too hard. It's an exercise in balance for sure. 

over all good. I feel like my OB is giving me enough monitoring Without going over board. 

November 1 for glucose test, and cervical length measurement. 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

I had my "friends" baby shower this past Saturday and it was such a sweet day. Each person there walked through my two losses in 2015 and my nervous break down this past January and so having them celebrate coming out the other side after walking through such a deep and horrific valley just made it even more meaningful. 

I started what I hope will be a fun thread for people to squeal over adorable baby things - go participate :)

@LoneStar21416 cards against humanity absolutely counts. I love that one. I also love pandemic and telestrations. With pandemic it's everyone playing together against the game so you all win or all lose. With telestrations the point is to just be really funny. DH loves all versions of Settlers of Catan but I can take or leave it. It's either super fun or super boring. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Good luck to you too @cjs260! I'll be looking forward to your update. I'm predicting good visits for us both! Going to put that positivity out there :)
  • susykat77susykat77 member
    edited October 2016

ETA: Congrats @Carly79  Hoping things are just fine for both @cjs260 and @LoneStar21416

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue? 26+5

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Ugh! I am feeling weird... baby is moving in weird ways... I pee'd 8 times last night. WTF I am having Braxton hicks a lot and they freak me out. Back pain.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Actually, pretty anxious. I feel like I am so close and am freaking out that this baby is going to be ripped away from me.

5. When is your next appointment?  11/17

6. Rants/raves/whatever Can I just not be an adult for a few days??

I love Cranium. Not a board game but Cards Against Humanity is so good.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • awknycawknyc member
    edited October 2016
    2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue? 30 wks, team blue

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Oddly enough feeling good, minus the constipation. Lots of movement and sleep has become a bit restless.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Nervous and excited I think. I had an allergic reaction to something I ate (although I have no food allergies) and ended up going to the ER because my tongue swelled up and my face turned purple. They treated my reaction but then sent me up to labor and delivery b/c I was having contractions every 4 minutes. After a long day of being monitored the contractions eventually stopped and I was able to go home at 2AM. The crazy part was when I asked the doctor if I was going to have this baby today and she said we'll have to wait and see. I don't think I was at all mentally prepared and that sort of threw me for a complete loop!

5. When is your next appointment? Just had one today, next one is in 2 weeks.

6. Rants/raves/whatever Nothing for now...

7. Anything else on your mind? I'm super excited for halloween! I can't wait to go trick or treating with my toddler. She's been talking about it nonstop for the past month so it'll nice to finally do it and move on to the next holiday.

8. GTKY - pulling at straws here ladies lol - uh...what's your favorite board game? Settlers of Catan! It's a little tricky to learn and first but once you know how to play it is SO addicting!!

@ceclarlinetlo - I noticed you wrote about Settlers of Catan too, so funny because before I learned how to play I never even heard of the game before. Are all the different versions essentially the same game but in a different setting?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @awknyc they are the same in the sense that the goal is the same - build settlements upgrade to cities and get victory points. Traders and barbarians gives a couple of different versions of the basic game (they are called campaigns) but cities and knights is a whole different ball game - way more rules and ways to play - I enjoy cities and knights way more because there is much less of a chance of literally sitting out round after round with nothing to do BUT it takes forever to play so I don't have the stamina these days: There is also one called sea farers but I've never played it. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• KurtniKurtni member
    edited October 2016
    26weeks 6 days, January 25, blue!

Lazy  :D The only thing I have motivation to do is crafts and projects for the nursery. 

Pretty good. I get a little crazy about kick counts but I feel like I spend more time enjoying this pregnancy than worrying about it. 

Next Thursday  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @susykat77 I'm with you on wanting to not adult for a few days.... I could really just use a few days to have no responsibilities!!

@awknyc That is so scary about the allergy and contractions!  I'm glad he decided to stay put a bit longer!

January 10 - 29 weeks, Team pink

So much right hip/SI discomfort and starting to have a lot of pain on the front left of my pelvis :( . Seems to be worse if I do anything where my legs are apart - so walking, getting up from the floor :/ . Hoping it gets better but thinking its only going to get worse.

I have been feeling her move a ton now so that is really helping.  My stress now is mainly around trying to decide how much baby stuff I am comfortable with having in the house and whether I put the 'right' things on our registry list.

Need to go do my GD test on Friday but won't see the midwife again until Nov 18th

Probably cards against humanity or Sorry
    29 weeks.  The big 3-0 is coming!  That feels like a huge number to me.  Team Pink.  EDD 1/10

I don't know if this is a symptom, but sooo indecisive on choosing anything with the baby.  Bedding, furniture, room color, name, etc.  DH is getting frustrated because we need to get a move on this stuff. 

Quite well.  Lots of kicks and rolls happening in my tummy.  I thought I felt a gush of something during a stressful shopping trip to IKEA the other day and panicked and ran to the bathroom, but everything was ok. 

Tomorrow, Thursday

6. Rants/raves/whatever
    So glad that I passed the 3 hour GD test.  It was not fun.  My numbers weren't even borderline so I have no idea what was going on with my high number in the 1 hour test.

I'm excited to trick or treat with my toddler too.  This will be the first year when she'll really get it, I think.  But I also think she'll want to eat each piece of candy the second she receives it, so hopefully that doesn't lead to any meltdowns.

May be a stretch but how about Bananagrams?

Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

26+5, blue, was supposed to get a delivery date last week...yeah, that didn't happen Grr!

Heartburn at night and getting a little sleepy again. Last night, I found I can express some boob juice. I knew this was coming, the vein-roadmap on my chest has gotten out of control this week and the girls are bigger. Lots of baby movement!

Good! 

GD test/checkup Nov. 10

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    So much to do and I feel as if I have Europe singing "The Final Countdown!" in my ear!

Very ready for trick or treating with DS on Monday! 

I'm old school, give me chess. In a group, cranium. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • @LoneStar21416 @cjs260 when are your growth scans today?
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• About two hours from now, @ceclarlinetlo! Thank you so much for checking in. I'll be sure to update after.  I'm not sure if they'll be scheduling a scan for me or just checking out my fundal height. At 28 weeks I was one week behind, which they weren't concerned with, but when I called and said I hadn't gained weight at all since then and for the 1.5-2 weeks prior, they wanted to see me. I'm hoping I'm measuring fine and it won't even be an issue. Will keep you posted!!!
  • @ceclarlinetlo I'm in the waiting room now! Will update pretty much as soon as I get out of here! 

• Great news @cjs260! Good news on my end too. I'm measuring at 31 weeks and I'm 30+3, so that is fine. She said not to concern myself with the weight since I'm continuing to grow. Baby is getting whatever he or she needs and we'll just check the measurements at my next appointment!
  • Great news for you too @LoneStar21416!!! Yay!!!

• 2) 26+2, team pink, Feb 1st
    3) 2a.m. leg cramps suck, other than that, tired, and an. achy back. Altogether not too shabby - those mood swings though...
    4) Anxitey hasn't been too bad either now that I'm starting to feel her more often. I still have the occasional bad day, but my anxiety is now more focused on life once she is here.
    5) I have blood work and my second GD test next Friday morning, and then my next appointment with my OB is the 9th. I'm hoping to schedule my 3D/4D scan at a local boutique place in there someplace as well.
    6) Raves: We got the storage room cleaned out last weekend! Now we can start on carpet, walls, paint, etc.
    Rants: My mother... in so many ways...
    7) Anything else: In going on a Babymoon/Anniversary trip! DH basically surprised me with it. It's only a few days, but from 11/10-11/14 I will be in HAWAII. Guys - I've never even been on a plane! (The travel has been OK'd by my OB)
    8) I like Sequence. Other than that, usually we play Mexican train dominoes or card games like Phase 10.
  • Hey ladies. Not going to do a big update with a lot of medical/personal details, but just wanted to let you know I was admitted to the hospital recently. Looked looked pretty scary for a bit, but I've been transferred away from L&D for less monitoring and it looks like things are headed in a better direction. Not sure what the future holds just yet...likely to know a better course of action by tonight or tomorrow morning. Just looking to keep baby baking and hit 32 week milestone, 34 week, etc. Keep us in your thoughts!
  • Oh goodness @LoneStar21416! You're definitely in my thoughts! Keep us updated! 

• @LoneStar21416 - oh man - so glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction. We can't wait to meet you , babystar, but we would prefer to meet you fully baked! Hang in there mama - we are all rooting for you!! 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Thanks, ladies! I have another NST tomorrow and another lab draw. If all looks good, should hopefully be discharged in the afternoon. Will know more when we speak to MFM in the morning. Not sure what post-discharge plans will be yet. May be more frequent monitoring with MFM. Taking it day by day!
  • @LoneStar21416
    Thinking about you!  Hoping for good results in the morning
  • @LoneStar21416 So glad everything is looking up! FX that LO stays in place for a little while longer! 

• @LoneStar21416 So glad that you got some good news and that your LO is doing well.  :)
  • @LoneStar21416 - I am SO glad you didn't have a placental abruption - how terrifying! Alright babystar, behave so your mommy doesn't lose her mind! 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———