May 2017 Moms
Options

Babywearing discussion

Where are my fellow baby wearing mamas (and daddies!)? What are some of your favorite carriers/brands? Are you looking at buying anything new/fun/special for your new babies?

Re: Babywearing discussion

• Options
    I've fallen down the baby wearing rabbit hole already. I've got three Tulas, a wrap, and a ring sling from my 2 yo (we don't really wear him anymore). I've already bought a new RS, a Lenny Lamb Ssc and a wrap for these babies. I'm trying to wait until we find out the babies sexes before I buy anymore.
  • Options
    I've only ever used a Moby, and I love it.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Luckyu317 I need to pick your brain! I did no baby wearing with DS because I only had the k'tan and I didn't like it (I think I was between sizes). Which of those are best for everyday wearing, like around the house? I anticipate that having a toddler and a newborn I'll be wearing the little one a lot.
  • Options
    Luckyu317Luckyu317 member
    edited October 2016
    @RainyDays86, I had a K'tan too, and didn't love it, but I think I bought mine too big, so I never felt like it was supportive enough. Ring slings are great for quick ups/downs. It took me awhile to get the right fit. If you are comfortable wrapping, I highly recommend the Solly wrap. It's super soft, stretchy fabric, easy to use, and great up to about 15lbs. I love SSCs (buckle carriers like Tula, Lenny Lamb, ergo) too. Tula is my favorite. My 2 yo is 26 lbs and still fits into a baby size (they also come in toddler sizes).
  • Options
    ^^^ I second this! Please dish.
  • Options
    Luckyu317Luckyu317 member
    edited October 2016
    Oh, you can also wear both the infant and toddler with 2 wraps or SSCs, or one of each. I've seen people wrap infants and wear them in the front, and put the older kids in an ssc on their back. I haven't tried that yet. I don't think my 6 yo would let me put him in the Tula. lol
  • Options
    I have a Moby, Ergo, Didymos wrap and generic Mai tai. I think I'm going to get a more comfortable MT at some point. I love the Moby for the newborn stage. I would often wrap #2 on the front with the Moby or MT and #1 on my back in the Ergo. I haven't worn #1 in a long time, but #2 is 3 years old and still occasionally asks to go "uppie"
    Started Dating 12/7/01
    Married 6/6/09
    DS 5/11/11
    DD 9/13/13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I always hear about people nursing in a wrap. Now that I will have 2 littles it sounds like an amazing idea. Anybody have suggestions for easiest wrap to nurse in? 
  • Options
    I loved nursing in my Ergo. Wraps can be a bit more tricky as once you have a good position, it's not real easy to loosen and reposition in order to get them latched on. Not saying that it's impossible. I just feel that SSCs make it much easier - loosen, latch, nurse, tighten, done!
    Started Dating 12/7/01
    Married 6/6/09
    DS 5/11/11
    DD 9/13/13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Any thoughts on babywearing twins? Can it be easily done? What would be the easiest setup?

I have a ring sling that I didn't end up using with my daughter. I bought an Ergo, but ended up selling it when I was given a Lillebaby. I love the Lillebaby. It is very comfortable and versatile. My daughter no longer will tolerate being worn, but I look forward to babywearing again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I only got an ergo when I had DD. It was great to be able to use it when she started supporting her own head up. I wish I had gotten the newborn insert so I could use it sooner. She just turned 2 and don't let me wear her since shes so independent. And when she does want to be carried, she has to have DH hold her. 

Looking back, I wish I gave a wrap a chance as well. I'm thinking it would be nice to find at least a summer friendly wrap since it gets soooo hot and humid here in NC. I will be counting on y'all that know whats up for suggestions!

• Options
    I love the Wildbird ring slings
  • Options
    I kept my Ergo from DD. I loved it. I will be buying the newborn insert! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    I felt like the Ergo was too hot for my little guy. I have the infant insert and it comes with a cushion for the bottom of the ergo to raise baby up its a great idea but again it is sooo thick with cushion he was always dripping with sweat after using it. I was an EP mom not by choice but when he was in the ergo I would be able to hold the bottle with my chin and he could eat and I would have my hands free for other things. I have another wrap possibly a moby that I never used and will try with this one as it is thinner and were having summer babes.
  • Options
    I used and liked the ktan for when he was hot and fresh out the oven and eventually mixed in a cheap mei tai. I used the ergo once he was a couple months until about six months. Once he could sit up well I mostly ditched the carriers in favors of sitting in carts or the stroller. We use some it a bit here and there during miserable teething spells around the house but I'm not a big wear em at home gal once they can sit up. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    I had a moby when my girl was first born then moved to a tula and a ring sling. Think I'll just use the ring sling for this little one at first. Hoping my girl doesn't get jealous!
  • Options
    I have a Boba and I love it. I'm probably going to get a Boba wrap to try out this time around.
  • Options
    We have a few Tulas, a Moby, and a ring sling. I really liked the moby and RS when she was little and we still use our tulas all the time. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Any thoughts on babywearing twins? Can it be easily done? What would be the easiest setup?

I have a ring sling that I didn't end up using with my daughter. I bought an Ergo, but ended up selling it when I was given a Lillebaby. I love the Lillebaby. It is very comfortable and versatile. My daughter no longer will tolerate being worn, but I look forward to babywearing again!
    I always tandem wear my twins!

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have a Tula, 2 Ergos, a Woven, 3 ring slings, a Moby, and a Mei Tai!  I have been wearing my twins since they came home from NICU, we've done tandem in a Moby, Amanda's hip carry in a woven, 2 ring slings, and once they hit 7ish months I've tandem carried a lot in SSCs.

My son loves to be worn to the point we have to hide my wrap and Tula, his favorite is the wrap though.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited October 2016
    DD1 didn't like any carrier, but I think I started too late with her. I used a K'tan for my youngest and I loved it, so I'll definitely use that again. I'm definitely interested in a Tula or Ergo for once their past the infant stage but I hear so many good things about both I don't know which one to commit too! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I absolutely love the moby when they are little!  I had no problem nursing in the Moby.  I've even nursed while hiking once!  But you might want to tuck a burp cloth between you and baby when you're done nursing. I may have had a giant spit up down the shirt incident...
     I have another carrier that I use now with 1yo DD, but I'm honestly not sure what kind it is. It's a soft front pack carrier, and she likes that she can look around while she's riding! 
    We also have a frame pack backpack for hiking with the toddler, and it is awesome! We let her walk, and then when she gets tired she rides. It also has real pouches like a backpack, so you can still carry hiking essentials with you. 
  • Options
    I have 2 tula SSCs, a lenny lamb SSC, and a Tula RS. I got the RS when DD was 9ish months old and only used it a few times with her so I am SO excited to use it with a tiny baby! Also, does anyone else have a total Tula blanket obsession too?!
  • Options
    I have 2 tula SSCs, a lenny lamb SSC, and a Tula RS. I got the RS when DD was 9ish months old and only used it a few times with her so I am SO excited to use it with a tiny baby! Also, does anyone else have a total Tula blanket obsession too?!
    @KindaCrunchyMom I would love to score a Rex blanket! 

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    edited October 2016
    @chickyclg I totally scored one a few weeks ago! I already have 4 blankets saved up for this baby. I have a problem! I have to keep telling myself we don't need any more haha
  • Options
    We used a moby and an ergo with DD. I have the ergo infant insert but we didn't like. I preferred the moby for the infant stages and then the ergo once she was big enough not to use the insert. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    How do you all feel about the Moby in Phoenix. I plan on never carrying a carseat, just baby wearing or pushing a car seat. However, I'm afraid all the wrapping on the Moby will be hot here in Phoenix in the summer. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I've used the Moby and Wovens during the summer in Houston, its not terrible but I prefer to stay in doors regardless during the crazy heat.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    @nda_roxybabe I got the Baby K'tan mesh version specifically for Arizona and Texas weather. It was definitely not as hot! A lot of the carriers make "mesh" versions for this exact reason! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    This is my third baby and didn't baby wear my first two but this one I really want to and I'm really excited about it! I've been trying to do some research but I don't know which one to get. It's nice to hear what others have used!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @chickyclg Amen on staying indoors! 
    @h&pmomma My SIL just ordered the K'tan mesh for this reason. She can test it out for me, though it'll be "winter". 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I love lilebaby and olives and applesauce 
  • Options
    I wore the Moby in Phx in October and November. It was pretty hot, but I'm a sweater and DD is a little space heater. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    Ahhh I love babywearing. It has been a lifesaver for me. I used my woven wrap, mei tai, and ring sling most often. But I love my ergo and I have a toddler Tula that my three year old still uses. When DS was an infant I would often need to wear DD on my back and wrap DS on the front. It was the only way to keep both content and still get things done. 
    One thing I would say to any newbies out there, if you are interested in babywearing but have a budget, don't sweat it! There are a TON of budget friendly options out there to give you a million options to wear your babes in the way that works for you. Definitely check out Babywearing International and see if there are any branches near you. Many of them have extensive lending libraries with babywearing educators who are there to help you find the right wrap/carrier/fit for your needs! Brand names are awesome and most are worth their weight in gold... but there are other options that are just as cute, safe, comfy and perhaps more affordable 
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • Options
    I'm a little late to the party here, but hands down my favorite wrap was our Solly Baby wrap. I have already bought a new one for this babe and will be using it all of the time. For those in warmer weather, this is a great option. It is much thinner than a Moby. You can also use it up to 25 lbs. They usually have a sale around Black Friday for 25% off. 

We also have a Moby which I didn't use much because of the thickness. DD is a little heater and we both got way too hot. MH is a big football player and the Ergo was perfect for him since nothing else for his frame. We still out DD (2 1/2) in it when she falls asleep a Disneyland and we still want to go on rides. 
  • Options
    I have a Tula for my son. I will continue to use that but really want a Solly wrap for when this baby is a newborn. 
  • Options
    livin541livin541 member
    edited October 2016
    I second the Solly recommendation! For those of you Moby fans, it's similar but a much more lightweight fabric (perfect since we are due in May!) and isn't nearly as bulky! I'm already eyeing several of the darling new prints that have come out since my son was an infant. 

I had had an Ergo last time around but I'm considering switching to a Tula or Lille this time. Anyone have experience with these and have a preference or anything to help me make up my mind? ;) 

ETA: it only posted half of my post thanks to the Emoji issue.  Grrr
  • Options
    @livin541 I got the new Rifle collaboration, and it is beautiful! I also have the thin gray stripe. My favorite wrap! 
  • Options
    @achays11 I am super jealous! I love that one! I have the gray stripe too :)