January 2017 Moms

Oct Randoms 10/1-10/7

Re: Oct Randoms 10/1-10/7

• @AshleySparkle720 all of that sounds delicious. I wasn't hungry before, but now I am after reading your post! Those cream raspberry brownies, I wish I had some right now lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • If I lay on my back I feel like I am going to puke and I can only lay on my left side if I have a pillow between my legs.  I pretty much can only sleep on my right side these days. 
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • @shlecka I feel the same way. Totally clueless to how baby is positioned cuz I feel movement all over! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AlicjaB said:
    @AshleySparkle720 all of that sounds delicious. I wasn't hungry before, but now I am after reading your post! Those cream raspberry brownies, I wish I had some right now lol
    Yeah it was amazing. I'm still in a food coma haha. Usually I'd be having a bowl of cereal right now, but I'm too full to even drink water haha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • @carly79  oh my goodness!! Thinking about you and praying you and baby are healthy. Hugs!
  • @Carly79 holy moly girl!!! Praying for you and baby girl! Many positive thoughts and blessings your way! Hugs!!! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• @Carly79 wow!!!!! Glad that everything is ok, wishing you all the best! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Many many hugs @Carly79! Hope your baby daughter continues to thrive!
  • Congratulations @Carly79!  I hope you and baby girl stay well and everyone can go home soon!

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Carly79 congrats on the baby! Happy to hear she's healthy!  Keep us in the loop when you get time.  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • can anyone guide me to where the instructions are that @canavara posted on how to turn off the ads?  I can't find it anywhere right now! mobile bump glitches constantly & my lap top keeps freezing / getting bogged down from too many ads. thank youuu!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kelseyh62 It was a few pages back here: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/89367585/#Comment_89367585 :)

@carly79 Hope you're doing well! Congrats on the baby! 
  • @canavara thanks a million!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @carly79 congrats on your baby girl! I'm happy to hear you and baby girl are doing well!
  • @carly79 WHOA! Congratulations! I hope you are all doing well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Carly79 hope all is going well with you and your new baby girl. Congrats! 
  • I just saw @Carly79 post! That's crazy it happened out of nowhere but I'm so glad to hear you and baby girl are doing well so far. Keep us posted when you are ready! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• For real @canavara! I looked ahead and asparagus? They vary too much!
  • I like the comparisons on the app Ovia. This past week baby is the size of a camping lantern. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I like the Ovia comparisons too, especially the weird animals. This week the baby is the size of a fennec fox!
  • Yes the Ovia comparisons are fun! I like to see all four categories they have. 

I went to costco yesterday and had to sit down for two hours after. I swear my uterus was about to explode. So much pressure and bh contractions. Pushing a cart hurts my SPD really bad as well. 
  • The Ovia ones are so much better, definitely. I usually use them for buying fruits but this week's is "summer cantaloupe" and it's um... 43 degrees F outside right now so I feel like I'm not going to have much luck finding that at the store ;) It is very lol that the "fun & games" theme says "Motorcycle helmet" while The Bump says cucumber... different much?
  •  MaryNog MaryNog member
    edited October 2016
    @canavara maybe it's one of those State Fair competition cucumbers that they grow in a hothouse until they're 20" long! 
  • @underthesea I had to sit down while I was at costco last week. I was cruising along and just got so tired! For once there were no couches so I sat in the display office chair for 15 minutes until I could keep shopping. I told my husband he's coming along when we go this week.
  • @canavara it's a zucchini this week for 30 weeks!  Not that zucchini from the grocery store are usually 15 inches either....

BabyFetus Ticker

• A 15 inch zucchini wouldn't even taste very good. The bigger the get they lose their flavor and just taste like water. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I like the Ovia comparisons too. But this week baby is a coconut and he was a coconut on the bump weeks ago. The fun and games he is a roller skate, when I told H that he looked at me and said, who's skate? He has size 14 feet and his rollar skates would be giant compared to mine at size 6.

I also like the silly little videos on Ovia with the pregnant lady. Except, I'm convinced she isn't pregnant, because she never looks any larger! 
  • I need to get this Ovia ap. 'Cause I'm with @canavara , these Bump comparisons feel like they just pulled fruit/veggies out of a hat and went "This technically COULD grow that big.... if it was grown near a nuclear plant... But we'll leave that part out.. "
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • canavaracanavara member
    edited October 2016
    For some reason the Bump has 2 totally different vegetables/fruits. They have the one they list on their website in the weekly update articles and then the one they use in the ticker. So this week it's a zucchini on the 30 weeks article and a cucumber on the ticker... it's bizarre. I remember one time during second tri, the ticker had a cauliflower or something for week 23 and then the website had a cauliflower for week 24. And then they had a cauliflower a SECOND time for week 27... it's such madness. Same thing for coconut and cantaloupe...
  • +1 with @canavara. TB says zucchini this week and since DH and I love making zucchini noodles, I know they vary so much. Publix had zucs that were shriveled and maybe 6 in long, Wal-Mart had some that were about 8 in, then a new fresh market type store had some that were like 13 in long and 4 in in diameter. All in the same week. Maybe the cucumber is supposed to be a European cuke? Those can get much longer than our regular ones here.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Some of the zucchinis in my garden this year were massive!! Like 18" or more. 
  • Obviously TB is referencing @underthesea 's monster zucchinis and not the tiny ones I get from the store.

I told my husband baby was apparently the size of a zucchini this week and he goes that can't be right, she's way bigger.
  • @carly79 thinking of you girl!!
  • christac1010christac1010 member
    edited October 2016
    @underthesea I was thinking the same thing around 4am but you just reminded me! @Carly79 Thinking of you and hoping all is well!

ETA that I haven't seen @LastMango on the boards in a few days either. Hoping all is well with you too!
  • I really want to order a cute coming home outfit off of Etsy, but I keep worrying it will be too small/baby too big and I'll spend $50 on an outfit I can't return. I am pretty frugal with baby clothes, I just want to splurge on this one outfit for coming home and newborn pictures. 

Most babies wear newborn clothes, right? Even if it's briefly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kurtni a coming home outfit sounds cute, but I would rather it run too big than too small. Worst case scenario, it doesn't fit, but at least later you have a great outfit for a photo op!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh - mobile bump has me stuck in bold

my cat does the same thing - except she waits until I'm in my pillow and then lays on my side or back so I can't get a picture of her lol. It's the only time she ever lays on me. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏