April 2017 Moms

FFFC

Lay it all out there ladies! 

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • @Magheeta PB&J? That's a new "no-no" for me and a big one too, because I have PB&J on toast for breakfast or snack at least 4 times/week.  (I doubt I'll stop either because I love it, so that can be my FFFC!)  Can it cause an allergic reaction in utero?

@mrsstuessy I feel you girl. No nursery for us either since we'll move so early and I don't know where exactly we'll be yet. I still want to register for things I *think* we'll need in terms of decor and organization, but not having a place to put them is hard. I'm just trying to remember there are very few things nugget actually needs to start out!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @KirstinH88 we have had sex like twice since we found out.. I was too nauseous at night to even think about it in the start and now I just don't feel like it. Husband doesn't complain.

My fffc is my mom gave my daughter a toy that came with a santa list last week.. I lied to my daughter and told her I had to send her Xmas list to santa already so she couldn't keep adding to it.. I also called a santa hotline bc she was throwing a little temper tantrum in a store and I was too sick and tired to deal with it.. it stopped the tantrum but now I feel awful bc I never wanted to really overdo the santa thing..
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @warnerw I've been living in LLR lately. It's just so damn comfy!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @HappyAnjel I think we have only done it 2 or 3 times as well. And honestly, its getting on my nerves! I need love too!!!! HAHA :)
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • I marinated some beef tenderloin steak bites in my favourite home made marinade, then sautéed it for supper with mushrooms and poured some of the marinade into the pan to cook it in...and after I finished eating I just found myself dipping a spoon into the marinade from the pan and licking it off...I couldn't help myself, it's probably my favorite flavour of anything ever...
  • @Ekzerr That sounds delicious!
  • @cafedisco ugh I have this thought every single day I work. I only work part time and my boss just offered me a management position.. (she knows I'm pregnant) but I can't imagine making it til March and Id like to not go back after baby..
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • We just got back from taking DD to see Daniel Tiger live.  I totally cried during one of the scenes.

Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco Daniel Tiger Live!!!! Aaaaaaa! I wanna go!! Looking that up now to see if they are coming anywhere near me.
  • @cafedisco Daniel Tiger Live!!!! Aaaaaaa! I wanna go!! Looking that up now to see if they are coming anywhere near me.
    We sat in nosebleeds for about $25 each, which was still a splurge for us.  Totally worth it.  She loved it so much and they do a nice job with it. Only negative was that it started 20 minutes late, which is tough when dealing with potty stuff is so tricky when we're out right now. Otherwise, I'd definitely do it again!
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • KirstinH88KirstinH88 member
    edited October 2016
    @cafedisco Looked it up, closest city to us is about 1 1/2 hrs away. They didn't have 2 seats next to each other. Next closest city was about 2 hrs away, but the prices were higher. So of course, I sent the info to grandma! Hahaha! ETA: it was my dream as a child to go to a Barney Live! show, so I would love to take DS to this...
  • @KirstinH88 if this time doesn't work out, I'm sure he'll be on tour again :) 
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @schef070911 & @kristinh88 While my doc hasn't said anything specifically against peanut butter, I have heard that some pregnant women will stay away from it. I'm not 100% sure if they think it could cause peanut allergies or what, but that's just what I've heard. Does anyone remember when there were rumors Kate Middleton was pregnant because she passed up some kind of peanut related food? That's when I first heard about it. 

FTR, DS's allergist said that there is more evidence being discovered that introducing babies to nut-related products before a year may help in building their immunity. Disclaimer: Don't take that as gospel. He just told us that scientists are discovering more trends, and if there isn't a threat of allergy in our family, he wouldn't be against giving DS a pbj at 10 months rather than waiting until a year. 

BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Magheeta I've heard that too, about introducing it earlier instead of later to avoid the allergy. My pediatrician is fine with it, and I know I've read things about it after DS was born.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • So up here in Canada we are told the only no no is honey and that is due to botulism. Eggs, PB, shell fish etc are all introduced (one at a time) when baby starts solids around 6 months. If there is a family history of a specific allergy they tell you to be a bit more cautious with that specific food.