April 2017 Moms

Doctor Appointments 10/24

An apple a day keeps the DR away....well unless you are pregnant. 

Re: Doctor Appointments 10/24

• Loading the player...
  • @HGRich I've got an appointment Weds too! I'll be 14/15ish weeks so I'm not sure if they'll schedule my a/s for the next appointment yet, but hoping so! 
  • I have my 16 week appt on Thursday...can't wait to hear LO's heartbeat!
  • @goldpolkadot awesome! I bet they will. My ob said my a/s would be 19 weeks just to keep up the pattern of every four weeks we've had. So they gotta let me in sometime that week I hope! But I know the office will be closed for thanksgiving and I'll be out of town Friday so I'm just hoping they have something mon-wed. Let us know if you get yours scheduled! 
  • I have an early anatomy scan (16 weeks)/Amnio scheduled for this Thursday.  While I'm nervous about the Amnio, I'm excited to see the babe. 
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• Had my 4-week check up today @14+4.  My husband finally got to go to an appointment with me.  We heard baby's heartbeat for the first time, results from my MaterniT21 test came back negative (YaY!), and held off on finding out the gender!  I'm still dealing with nausea and vomiting so they are switching me from Zofran to Diclegis, which I've heard great things about.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • @HGRich Your post sounds like I could have written it, except for starting as high risk.  my appt will be exactly thesame, including meeting the next OB on rotation who is also the first male. I'm also hoping to plan the anatomy scan for the week of Thanksgiving. When are you due? 
  • @crazyboxerlady nice! I'm due 4/17. I'll be 15+2 at the appointment Weds. 
  • @KirstinH88 I'm glad baby is healthy looking/low risk. How are you feeling about another boy? I think I saw that you were hoping for a girl somewhere...

I have a midwives appointment tomorrow and I'm wide awake with anxiety from it.  I'm not worried about baby - I'm worried about the fact that I've been taking terrible care of myself. I'm just dreading answering all the questions.  Blah, I just want to get it over with. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco I already had that "mothers intuition" that it would be another boy. Everyone around me was saying girl, and I desperately wanted a girl, but I also know that life isn't fair and you don't always get what you want. When I found out DS was a boy, I cried and cried during the ultrasound. The tech had to actually stop the ultrasound to let me compose myself. And honestly, I love him more than life itself. I know whether this child is a boy or girl has no bearing on how much I will love it. I just really wanted a girl. I feel very outnumbered in my household. We are going for an early sex determination on Saturday morning, and DH (who was unable to make it to my appt yesterday) is still holding out hope that baby is a girl. But I know what I saw...
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88 I'm frustrated for you, I hope you're wrong and baby is the girl you want, but give yourself time to grieve that idea if it is indeed a boy. There is no shame in being upset about it! 
  • @KirstinH88 I was in your boat before we knew what this one was... Two major daddy's girls already and I knew this would be our last. Like you said, I wanted to experience the opposite sex from what I had. I literally burst into tears when my OB said this is a boy, I really hope you get that experience... If not this time, then maybe next ;)

also, I had a check up today, nothing fancy. No weight gain, heart rate was 145, measuring on track. Anatomy scan in four weeks!!
  • @herewegrow DH is adamant that this is the last, but I can't see him making a vasectomy appointment, so who knows... Maybe after a few more years, I can convince him for one more
  • Went in today for my NT results and got the flu shot.  Everything looked good they said.  I have to go back in two weeks for a Quad screen test.  I didn't realize there are so many tests.  I thought the NT was it

• @aboxofchocolates I believe the quad screening test is just part of the blood tests that they use in conjunction with the NT.
  • Just got back from my appointment. Baby's heartbeat sounded good, once they found it. They did say my ketones are really off, which means I'm hungry.  I was like...trust me, I am 100% not interested in food.  They were understanding but they really want me to get more calories in. That feels nearly impossible but right now, but here we go trying...
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • herewegrowherewegrow member
    edited October 2016
    @cafedisco do you like shakes? My husband makes us protein shakes with milk and kale and spinach. Add some vanilla, flax seed, frozen bananas, and some ice! So good!  It tastes like a milkshake/ ice cream. Even my picky eater loves them. 
  • @cafedisco I've had a complete lack of appetite since about 5 weeks.  For me, ice cold protein shakes have been really easy to drink (I tend to get them at the grocery store since I'm lazy).  Hopefully you can find something that works!  I know my dr. said if I keep losing weight that next visit I'm probably going on meds to see if that helps.  Hopefully this all fades like it did with DS. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HGRich I'm excited for you! You'll have to let us know what you find out next week!

Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco thank you! I will! 
  • @HGRich so glad your appointment went well!! Mine did too and sounds SUPER similar lol - my a/s is set up for the week after thanksgiving too. Exciting that you set up an ultasound for gender, woohoo! It'll be so fun to see you little one!
  • My A/S got moved from tomorrow to next week :( They overbooked scans and I'm not high risk or anything, so they asked me to move my appointment. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @catem07 boo!!!!!
  • @HGRich  so glad to hear that your appointment went well!  Best of luck for next week.  Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?  
    We are having a boy and I kind of wanted it, because this way he will be cute like my husband <3 his childhood pictures are just adorable!!!  but would have been happy with anything, as this is the first baby.  

Mine did too yesterday.  All results are fine, uterus in the right place, heartbeat nicely and thumpy (funnily they didnt check how high the rate was, but I loved it anyhow).  I also got given the flu jab, so went to bed with mild temperature and side effects, but it is gone now.  I am seeing the same midwife now at every appointment and she is so lovely, I am reassured and feel I am taken care of.  Very happy pgal girl here :)

on to the weekend now, and next week a cervical measurement - eek.
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @mrsw0920   how come they dated the baby back a bit?  Was this your dating scan?  Glad that your new OB and hospital is nicer!   Good luck for the proper check for next week.  I never understood how they can or cannot see on US the gender (that thing must be TINY!!!), I am having a boy but that was the harmony test that determined it, not visuals. 
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @smallanimal thank you! Glad yours did too! 
    Frankly I just want to make it to delivery with a healthy baby, at this point, but if I HAD to choose I'd say girl. But if it's a boy that would be ok. I like the idea of my other kids having a big brother and we'd like to have 3-4 so I would hope I'd get my girl in there somewhere.  ;)