January 2017 Moms

Where are my TWD fans?!

Pretty sure that was me during the entire episode and then during Talking Dead. I don't know if I'm going to be able to watch much more because that was far too intense. What did you guys think?
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where are my TWD fans?!

• I stopped watching last season because it was getting too intense for me, but I keep up with the recaps. Just caught up on last night's episode and O.M.G. I cannot imagine sitting through that episode!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• I'm going to watch tonight, but some jerk on FB already ruined it for me and I'm so upset. It looks like there should be a decent amount of action coming up so I'll keep watching, but I don't know if I'll make it through the whole season without certain people  :'(
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've ALWAYS been an emotional person (commercials will make me cry!) but these pregnancy hormones make it so much worse.  I was SOBBING last night watching this show.  My bf was saying "Close your eyes! Close your eyes!" but I couldn't look away.  I wish I could have called out sick from work to recover. LOL. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just felt my heart in my throat during all the flashbacks....then...then...shock. I'm glad they did the cliffhanger the way they did. Giving us time to prepare ourselves. If they had just ended last season like that, with no warning, I may not have been able to function...
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • TWD fan here. I read the comic books so I kinda had a feeling on what to expect, but let me tell you I was so shocked when it happened because I thought ultimately it wasn't going to happen. Ugh.... too much feels. 

My DH and I have never gone through so many emotional turns in one episode of a show sitting on the couch. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • HJMorgan said:
    First I was like
    Then I was like
    Finally I ended like... *insert picture of what could have been*

Because hormones.... I just might be done. I can't anymore... lol
    Love this!  This pretty much sums it up for me too, but I'm absolutely still watching moving forward.  It's a long addiction now.

BabyFetus Ticker

• I knew what happened in the comics and I was still shocked.  I was prepared for one, not two.  And, #2 was particularly gruesome, even for this show.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AlicjaB said:
    TWD fan here. I read the comic books so I kinda had a feeling on what to expect, 
    In regard to the comics--The whole ax thing...right hand man comments...I was on pins and needles the whole time waiting for THAT to happen. I don't know if I could have handled that in this episode, I'm sure it will be a shock later. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • @AlabamaRedhead I know what you mean! Seriously awesome episode! I think they made Negan worse in show, in regards to how much the audience hates him. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AlicjaB part of that goes to Jeffrey Dean Morgan and how phenomenal he is as an actor. He really went for the role and made you (you being the audience in general) hate him and what he was doing to our beloved cast.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AlicjaB said:
    @AlabamaRedhead I know what you mean! Seriously awesome episode! I think they made Negan worse in show, in regards to how much the audience hates him. 
    I've never read the comics (I want to, but just haven't had the time), but from what I hear, I agree with you. He seems much worse on screen than in the comics.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh man I'm a reader of the comics too and I was so SO STOKED they were so accurate! That is the FIRST death that had been the same in both book and show so I honestly wasn't sure they were gonna do it that way. I was very pleased with how it all played out, and agree that they sure hinted a lot about the "right hand" thing so I'm wondering if they'll throw that in there. But for those who have said they think Negan is worse in the show- NO WAY! He does such horrible crazy shit in the comic I'm not even sure if they will air it all. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • OMG it was the worst episode ever for me!!! I usually will look away during somethings, but I didn't expect this at all!  I haven't read the comics, so I'm left in the dark...and I stared the entire time, where when I woke up for me pee break at 1am and 5am this morning, all I could see was the face and eyeball...waaaay too graphic and disturbing!  :p
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @shlecka & @AlabamaRedhead I watched Talking Dead afterwards and Kirkman and Gimple said they were holding that card as a possibility to drop sometime later in the series. So that "glove" could drop anytime.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Kittievr4 I saw that too!  Suppose they could do it to another character like they almost did last night.  They did it with Hershel, Dale, and Bob already.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Omg Negan is Denny????
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Omg it was so sad. I think I'm still in shock. I guessed right in #1 but was totally taken by surprise on #2.   I did appreciate the whole drama of #2 it made some good tv... but I'm kind of upset about it still haha

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• jsl82jsl82 member
    edited October 2016
    I know I'm a few days late, but am I the only one that that wasn't that impressed with the episode?  I thought they had the first deaths reveal take way too long, the episode was almost 1/2 way over before we found out who died at the end of last season.  My husband also thought that death #2 was cheapened by what happened last season and I tend to agree.  I felt much stronger about other previous losses than by #2.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• On the 'right hand man' comment, I am with you girls! I was definitely on the edge of my seat for that the whoooole time. They kept hinting at it, and when they threatened the other character after the first two deaths I literally told my husband "I can't take this! I can't watch if it happens!!"
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are we past spoilers at this point? if not @LilLynch2015 ...

I think Glenn's death came as even more of a shock because of his fake-death last season. I at least was lulled into a false sense of complacency when it came to him because I didn't imagine they would bring him back for a few episodes just to officially kill him off again. That's generally not how TV arcs work in my experience, which is part of the appeal of TWD to begin with. 

*************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @moosette113 sorry about that you are completely right.  I had thought there was more discussion about the events of the episode, but must have been confusing this with an email conversion I had with an old colleague.  I edited my comment.  Sorry for any spoilers.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Sadly, Glenn had to go. I was just a bit surprised that it happened right after Abraham (god I'll miss ol' mother dick!). I love how Maggie was the only one like "We have to fight them." So. awesome.

I cannot wait to see King Ezekiel and Shiva. I about crapped my pants when I saw they put her in the series. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Are we past spoilers at this point? if not @LilLynch2015 ....
    @AlabamaRedhead ..... Lol
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know I'm a few days late, but am I the only one that that wasn't that impressed with the episode?  I thought they had the first deaths reveal take way too long, the episode was almost 1/2 way over before we found out who died at the end of last season.  My husband also thought that death #2 was cheapened by what happened last season and I tend to agree.  I felt much stronger about other previous losses than by #2.  
    This was kind of how I felt.  I was SO STRESSED watching last season's finale, stressed about it alllll the way up until this episode.  Then I was like...oh.  I already mourned that one.

The gore was almost unbearable though :(

• Yeah that whole thing with Glenn from earlier was unnecessary I think. It wasn't in the comics so I don't know why they threw it in. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I didn't see last season but now I feel like i really need to get caught back up! From all the posts on Facebook in my newsfeed it must have been intense!
  • @moosette113 sorry about that you are completely right.  I had thought there was more discussion about the events of the episode, but must have been confusing this with an email conversion I had with an old colleague.  I edited my comment.  Sorry for any spoilers.
    Stuck in the box
    *No worries! I was more tagging you for the character commentary than the spoiler thing  :)