January 2017 Moms

10/24-10/30 Appointments, ultrasounds, blood work etc

Whats on the schedule this week? 

I have a OB appointment on Wed and a growth scan on Saturday. 
** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 10/24-10/30 Appointments, ultrasounds, blood work etc

• Midwife appt on Wednesday. Hoping my bump size is okay as it was measuring small last time!

Then Thursday I'm having a health visitor come to my apparently for a pre appt. In the UK they're the midwives who do home visits and look after mom and baby post birth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have an OB appointment on Tuesday. I have an ultrasound on Nov. 4 which is my next exciting appointment. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I go in for my second try at the one hour glucose test tomorrow morning. Hoping my blood cooperates and they can read it this time. 
  • One hour glucose test & 28 week check this Tuesday! I'm sorta nervous about the glucose test. 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• One hour glucose test tomorrow morning and 28 week checkup. I'm kinda nervous about he glucose test too!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Tuesday I have to go in and get my RH shot and then regular appt with dr on Friday :) 
  • @hayhay87 I hope you're growing on time!  My OB was a little worried about that last time, and baby girl was only 30th percentile at the anatomy scan so I'm hoping I'm on schedule too.

I go in tomorrow morning for my regular OB visit (there was a scheduling error by the MA for the 28 week visit, so we're doing a 30 week visit) and also getting my Rhogam.  
  • 1 hour glucose test and 28 week check up on Friday.  I have an AP and don't feel a lot of his movements so I look forward to routine checkups just to be reassured he is doing ok in there.
  • Regular OB check up Tuesday and cervix check with the MFM on Wednesday. Hoping it's hanging in there!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Growth scan on Thursday for my "huge" uterus! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• So interesting to see everyone's updates on growth. I'm actually going in this week to check in on this as well. I was measuring only one week behind at my 28 week appointment, which no one was concerned with, but I haven't gained weight in 3 weeks now. I know weight can fluctuate, but I'm slightly concerned since I seemed to be gaining about a pound a week up until week 27 and now nothing (I'm 30 weeks today).  @tinabelcher what's your gain situation like? 
  • Oh goodness, @christac1010! FX for you and baby, keep us updated! 

• @christac1010 really hoping it's a false alarm, but I'm glad you're being taken care of.
  • ChristineO36ChristineO36 member
    edited October 2016
    @Emma61210  I'm getting my RH shot on Friday!  I have to get my blood drawn on Wednesday for it.  Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @christac1010 I'll be thinking of you. FX everything calms down and you get to go home tomorrow!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @christac1010 glad you are in a safe place. Hope it's just dehydration and that little peanut is content to stay in longer!
  • Good luck @christac1010! Glad you went in!
  • I have my 29 week ob appointment on the 26th.. i have been measuring a week ahead for the last 2 months and hope he is not getting too big in there..lol
  • Hope you and LO are doing well @christac1010!

Bi-weekly growth and fluid check at the perinatologist on Wednesday and OB on Thursday.  I'm curious to see how much these two have grown in two weeks.  Hoping the discordance remains close and fluids look good this week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thinking of you @christac1010

• Glad you trusted your instincts. Thinking of you @christac1010!!
  • I am at my appointment now, just drank the glucose drink for my one hour. Mine came in a little water bottle and I only had to drink half. I got the fruit punch flavor but the liquid was clear.... Not bad, it tasted like a fruit roll up! I also got the Tdap vaccine. Now I am waiting for my check up with my OB and then I take my blood draw in an hour. I am sooooo hungry! I am treating myself to a McMuffin after this :)

• TDAP, Flu shot and routine appt on Friday! Anyone else feel like their pregnancy is simultaneously dragging and flying? I feel like I've been pregnant forever but can't believe we've gotten to the third trimester already!
  • Oh also? This belly is so in the way that I fumbled my pee cup and spilled it on my pants  :s so freaking gross!!
  • @TinaBelcher  Glad the girls are growing well and their fluids look good!!  Equal fluids and a floaty membrane always make me happy.  :) So sorry about your pee cup incident.  I don't know how anyone thinks a pregnant woman can possibly work a cup around the belly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Glad things are looking better @christac1010! Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @TinaBelcher ugh pee cup was so hard for me this morning. I started to pee and I was like, wait, am I making it into the cup? More pee got on the side of the cup but whatever. I tried. 

Also--- after I met with my OB she said I was measuring way big. She wanted to do an ultrasound just to make sure. Baby is fine & proportional, however, she is big. Already 3.2 lbs and whatever number they look at (she said 50 was average, 90 was big, and my baby was at 75) was slightly above average. My fiancee weighed 10 pounds when he was born, and he's about 6'4. Guess I have a little girl taking after her daddy!

• Hi everyone! @christac1010 so glad to see your update this morning—hang in there! Hope you and your little guy get to go home today and that he stays put for the duration!

I have a routine 28 week appointment on Friday plus my RH shot. :< Ladies, do your doctors/techs routinely give you size updates? At my last appointment, I believe at 24 weeks, my new doctor did a brief ultrasound and said baby was weighing in at just over a pound, which seemed small based on The Bump/WTE apps ranges. She seemed fine with it, though. She only checked because my old (jerk) doctor was sure baby was "hyuge." For the 28 week appt, do they typically do an ultrasound?

Good luck to all of you still doing your glucose tests this week! I know I was dreading it like crazy but it wasn’t *quite* as bad as the hype. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • stumptownmamastumptownmama member
    edited October 2016
    @emtimme I've only been measured once, at 24 weeks, and she didn't say if I was measuring small/average/big. At my 28 week appt, she said she was going to measure and then I realized after the appt she never did! I'm going to make sure to ask this time. 

Eta: by measured I mean fundal height. 
  • katesmama0706katesmama0706 member
    edited October 2016
    @TinaBelcher this pregnancy seems to be following the same pattern as last time, and despite the fact that not pregnant I could look at a donut and gain 5 pounds for some reason when I'm pregnant I just do not gain weight no matter how much I shove in my face. Both babies grew right on track though! I'd just look at the scale and my doctor like "explain to me how baby weighs 3 pounds but I've gained 5 and haven't stopped eating except to sleep for the last 7 months?!"  *shrug* bodies are so weird.

eta: omg spelling.
  • @emtimme I haven't gotten an accurate growth reading since the anatomy scan since baby was mostly within normal limits. I get fundal height measured at each appt. My OB said she would only order another growth scan if my fundal measurements seemed weird.
  • I'm the same as @aishmc My fundal height is measured at every appointment, but no other growth scans are schedule if you're routine. I'm seeing my doctor on Thursday, but I suspect if my fundal height is measuring OK I won't get a scan despite no weight gain. Just my gut reaction - not quite sure what to expect yet though. They just wanted to see me based on my report of no weight gain at all to check in.
  • @emtimme I haven't had a scan since the A/S at 20 weeks. They measure fundal height every time and at the last visit I measured two weeks ahead. They said if I continue to measure 2 weeks ahead they would schedule an ultrasound to check on size at 36 weeks. If I measure on track though then they won't do another scan. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @emtimme they usually just measure fundal height when I go in. I guess I measured far ahead enough that she wanted to do an ultrasound just to check. Since it was confirmed that my baby is on the big side, they said they will do one more growth scan at 36 weeks to monitor. I was surprised they did an ultrasound today, though. I hadn't had one since my 20-week anatomy scan. 

• @emtimme I get my fundal height measured every appt. I was measuring 3-4 weeks ahead so I'll be going in for a growth scan on Thursday to just see how baby is growing. 

• I have my third A/S on Thursday to try to get the pictures of the heart. This girl has not been cooperative. I can't wait to see her again  :)

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17