February 2017 Moms

TWD *Spoilers*

So I didn't watch last night's episode. But I looked up the spoilers because I hate surprises and it was exactly who I thought it was and I am so sad. Literally no one has had anything nice to say about it, that it was too gory and unsettling. I heard the writers were just trying to go for that season kickoff shock factor and that the rest of the season should be more mild. Thoughts?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: TWD *Spoilers*

• I didn't watch it either, but read the summary. But, I have a feeling with so many new character possibilities, that they will be killing off several main characters this season. Maybe Morgan or Rosita. But not anyone else from the super early elisodes. I think it's agreeable most people aren't too happy about the one death.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • With the first one I was like "oh OK I mean that stinks but no big deal." Then the second one I was like "OMG oh no you didn't". It was pretty intense. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @tishb I know!! Before the show played last night, my mom guessed the first one and we both were ok that stinks but we don't care that much... lol so when I was reading the summary I was like YES!! haha but then I got to number 2 and wanted to hurl my phone at the wall.  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It was brutal.. I don't think the show can or ever will be same after last night. :(
  •  The whole Glenn scene, I think, was way disgusting! 
  • I anticipated that it would be those two characters but I did not expect the brutality of it.  However, I feel they needed it to be this way to 1) truly break Rick as a leader and 2) encompass how cold and dangerous their world is.  No one is safe.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • This episode was very unsettling. I spent most of it crying and feeling so anxious. 

While I was devastated over the brutality of glenn's death, it wasn't even the worst part for me. I couldn't stomach the scene of Rick and Carl. A parent or a child being in that kind of position was too much for me. *shudders*.

also, I'm going to miss abe's quotes. He always did make me snort or laugh. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Also, a lot of fans are hating on Daryl at this point and it just really sucks.
  • I could give zero fucks about rick or coral. But poor Maggie. 
  • Yes poor Maggie! Heart wrenching.

Also, women protecting women on this show is amazing. Only good part of that whole episode. Really loved the whole Maggie, Sasha & Rosita vibe we got. 
  • The gore was over-the-top. I mean, was the EYEBALL thing necessary? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I quit liking Daryl when Beth died. I don't know why, but I lost any love for him after that. I think I like seeing him more vulnerable because of having feelings for someone. 

I've really been hoping Glenn and Maggie would always be the couple to last on here. They kill off everyone else in a relationship so I was hoping they would be the relief of all that 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It was awful, I saw a tweet about it that was like "and just when you think you're desensitized...." It like made me a little nauseated to watch that episode. I knew it was most likely to be Abraham at first, but was not expecting Glenn at all. But I feel like it's what real life would be like, in a post apocalyptic world when a ruler says they'll do something if you try to intervene they actually do it, shows and movies usually let the main characters get away with stuff like that but this time they played it true to life. And yeah the whole Carl/Rick situation literally made me want to throw up. It won't be the same after that one. 
  • poofwokpoofwok member
    edited October 2016
    kswiger06 said:
    I quit liking Daryl when Beth died. I don't know why, but I lost any love for him after that. I think I like seeing him more vulnerable because of having feelings for someone. 

I've really been hoping Glenn and Maggie would always be the couple to last on here. They kill off everyone else in a relationship so I was hoping they would be the relief of all that 
    I feel like I'll always love Daryl. He's always been a fave of mine since the beginning... That being said, I think a lot of people lost interest in his character after Beth died. He spent a whole season wallowing and now that he feels responsible for Glenn's death, we're probably gonna get a repeat of that. I honestly don't think there's much more to say or write about when it comes to that character. :confused: 

Funny enough, I only started to like Beth when she and Daryl were on the run together. It was a good match. 
  • Daryl & Carol for lyfe!

The eyeball thing with Glenn holds true to the comic and on TTD, Glenn said that while he was sad about the death, he was glad they chose to honor the comic and he didn't want it to be anyone else.

Gore doesn't bother me, I'm weird.  But the scene with Rick and Carl was tough to watch.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Yes @concreteangell I only started to really like her around that time too. And I cried real tears when she died... I'm still bummed about that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I cried legit tears when Dale died.  I loved Dale so much.

While I'm sad to see both characters go, I dont really feel that sense of loss right now.  Maybe it's because we've had 8 months to come to terms as to what the outcome would be.

When other characters died, for the most part I didn't see it coming and it had a greater impact.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • I loved Dale too!! 

I honestly ugly cried when Dale, Hershel & Beth died. All very shocking and unexpected. I wasn't really into spoilers at the time so I never had a clue if/when their time would come.
  • The saddest part of Glenn's death for me was that poor Maggie was loosing her hubby, and presumably, her baby at the same time! :'(
  • Dude, I'm so into Neegan. 
    Even though it was disgusting, he is kinda funny
    I kept thinking about Denny Duquette from Grey's.  And boy, is that man sexy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I could give zero fucks about rick or coral. But poor Maggie. 
    Lololol Coralllllllll
  • I didn't read the comics, but apparently it was pretty true to what happened in the comic books. Although it was unsettling and heartbreaking, I do like when they stay true to the storyline. 
  • Also, Glenn's eyeball.. omg. 
  • DH guessed Abraham and I guessed Glenn. I'm with @tishb, for Abraham I was all meh, and then for Glenn I was devastated for Maggie. And for how slow it happened. Taking Daryl was smart business. I was worried at first that the place Negan took Rick to for the hatchet test was actually Alexandria and Negans crew had already killed everyone there. But I guess it makes more sense that Negan wants the community alive and thriving so he gets more stuff. 
    ^ This. Even though I complained about the gore, and he was the principal player, I can forgive it bc of his sexy smirk and scarf.