January 2017 Moms

Weekly Bitch Fest! 10/24-28

You know the drill ladies!
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Bitch Fest! 10/24-28

• @LastMango, I totally agree! I hate when people don't RSVP and then come anyway. Or on the flip side, RSVP yes, and then never show up and never mention it. Pisses me off!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @LastMango @emy730 Semi-related but when you send out invites a month in advance on a website like evite where it's literally just clicking a button to submit yes or no and a month later they haven't replied. Or they submit the wrong number of people attending, like when you invite a couple but send it to just one e-mail and they reply with just 1 adult and then bring both adults and 2 kids :|)
  • @LastMango Ugh.  I would be seriously annoyed by that.  It's especially rude when it's at a venue since so much has to be exact numbers and paid up front.  Glad you worked it all out, but still.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LastMango oooomg. NO ONE RSVPs!! I had this happen at my wedding. half the people who showed up TO ONLY THE RECEPTION did not RSVP. The venue had to expand our reception into a whole other room AAAAND we ran out of food. I was just like "oh well fine, you're just all going to get drunk off the open bar because you can't eat anything. Have at it."
    And they did.
    LOL
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lastmango  I hate bugging people like 2 days before a party to ask if they are coming. rSVP people!!! We just had my daughter's 2nd bday and i can commiserate. 
  • Sitting at the midwives office and just drank my glucose beverage for the one hour test...again. The first time my blood hemolyzed and they couldn't get a good read. This better work out. Also, it's sad that I'm enjoying my current "alone time" and getting a break from my toddler. 
  • Woke up to a sick toddler. Completely whiney and just a mess. Not how I wanted to start the week off. And, after a weekend of gorgeous weather here it's back to the high 80s this week. Go away summer, it's suppose to be Fall!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Having the WORST heartburn ever today. I haven't changed anything. It was this weekend too. Sometimes it happens when I'm hungry and when I eat it goes away but this is just here. No matter what I do for it. Usually I would drink milk but I have diabetes and can't really have milk because it will raise the crap out of my blood sugar right now. Water makes it worse. I heard something about some vinegar mixture but even the apple stuff makes me nauseated. My co workers think I'm in labor because I'm in so much pain over stupid heartburn. They keep side eyeing me to check on me. I keep telling them it's just heartburn but they're  still worried. I don't know what else to do for this!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• We went to a Jacksonville Jaguars game yesterday (lol) We got free tickets, and they aren't a bad as they have been in years past, so we thought we would go. We went up the wrong ramp and ended on the opposite side of the end zone from where we needed to be. Logic would mean you could just go to the other side of the end zone easily, nope. Has anyone seen those ridiculous pools they have in the stadium? Those, and a bunch of security guys were standing between me and a short walk to my seats. I tried my best to sweet talk them to allow us to just scoot on past, but I guess unless you are a skinny girl in a bikini, they probably don't just let you in. So we walked around the entire stadium to get to our seats. It was literally pain in the ass.

Then, I don't really expect much out of the Jags, but I felt bad for the actual fans. They have won two games in a row both away, then they come home and fall flat on their faces. I don't care if they win or lose, as long as they make a 40 yard (or more) FG, then I get a free sub from Firehouse (Yum!). So, yesterday was a win in my book because I got a free sub! 
  • I signed up for a Bradley Method class and I'm seriously NOT IMPRESSED. We have spent our first 4 classes (a third of ALL classes) talking about the benefits of breastfeeding. Cool. I like all that and what not but I took the class to learn what to do when my body is trying to push out another human being. I want to learn how to think, speak, talk, communicate, control/work through pain, not totally lose my shit, have a birth that I want, etc etc etc. Breastfeeding will be the LAST EFFING THING from my mind when I feel my vagina being split in two by something the size of a watermelon!!!!!! 

I wish I could say rant over - but I will be honest and say I will sit here all day steaming about this....as I look up hypnobirthing techniques and read through Ina May's book because I'm getting more help via YouTube than the birthing class I attend every week for 2 hours. WTF?

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well my coworkers all pretty convinced that I have pleurisy. I think they are right. Apparently it's common to develop it after having horrible chest congestion with lots of coughing and hacking. I'm just waiting on the OB to call me back since I left a message. It would be flipping splendid for it to not be that, and for it to go away. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @TexasGal24 ugh that sucks. I would have asked for a refund. Maybe ask when they plan on covering those topics? 

@LastMango people I guess can't wrap their head around RSVP. For our wedding, we had a few who would ADD people to their RSVP. Like we would invite a family of 4, but we got the RSVP saying the son invited 3 of his best friends and the daughter was bringing her boyfriend. Ummm no. AND we had someone RSVP the night before the big day. Gee, thanks.

@AmRe214 I am really surprised they made you walk all that way around. That is such a risk for them if something would have happened!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emy730 FX for you that you don't! I had it a couple of years ago after the flu and it was extremely painful. They prescribed codeine and muscle relaxant for it which I know a lot of doctors will still prescribe during pregnancy but who wants to have to take that??
  • Not a bitchfest of my own but I had to share because it's lol: https://thenib.com/parenting-xpert-squad
  • I posted an article on FB about not shaming shy kids when they won't be affectionate with strangers or extended family members and my SIL was all "omg yes tell them they're promoting rape culture by forcing her to give them kisses" which is all fine and dandy except my MIL is literally the worst offender when it comes to "omg you must love me because I am grandma and give me kisses and stop crying because I am grandma" and I seriously considered texting my SIL like "great, you gonna tell her that? Because I'm sure not!" 
    So OF COURSE we went to my in laws yesterday and first thing MIL does is demand love from my toddler. Ugh. She already hates me but it seriously makes me ragey that she won't leave my kid the eff alone. 
  • I posted an article on FB about not shaming shy kids when they won't be affectionate with strangers or extended family members and my SIL was all "omg yes tell them they're promoting rape culture by forcing her to give them kisses" which is all fine and dandy except my MIL is literally the worst offender when it comes to "omg you must love me because I am grandma and give me kisses and stop crying because I am grandma" and I seriously considered texting my SIL like "great, you gonna tell her that? Because I'm sure not!" 
    So OF COURSE we went to my in laws yesterday and first thing MIL does is demand love from my toddler. Ugh. She already hates me but it seriously makes me ragey that she won't leave my kid the eff alone. 
    OMG yes! I cannot stand when people, especially my in-laws who spend next to no time with DD, demand that she give them a hug or a kiss. She will willingly go to both of my parents and give them a hug when she sees them, but she seems at least once a week. My ILs go months without seeing her, and then get all butt hurt that she doesn't want to play with them. 

As an adult, I HATE hugs and I think it's from being forced to hug people as a child. I will never force my children to do that. I always just tell her, "You're okay, you don't have to give them a hug if you don't want to,"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes yes yes to all the RSVP stuff! I shouldn't have to harass grown ass people to see if they're going to be somewhere.

My MBF is that Comcast is down where I live and I'm working from home today. I can't do anything and I'm so irritated!
  • My BF is that I'm still waiting for the doctor to come tell me what tf is going on...like come on take two minutes out of your day to tell me whether I need surgery right away or can wait 10 more weeks....I WANT TO GO HOME!!!
  • @mudderbear surgery??? Hope everything is ok! But really, all the waiting really just builds up my anxiety levels. Hopefully you'll be home soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LastMango the no rsvp thing is literally one of my biggest pet peeves! I love throwing party's and go all out with themes and gift bags ect, when people show up randomly I want to scream. For my son's birthday party last month 3 parents brought siblings and asked if they could stay. I'm like sure hold on let me just go pay for three more people real quick and thanks for letting me know ahead of time!!!

@katesmomma0706 that drives me nuts too as well as the opposite. My son at one years old got kicked out of Sunday school for giving hugs! I was like are you serious? At least he's not punching people!

• cabu14cabu14 member
    edited October 2016
    1.  I am just frustrated I am trying to dig us out of debt before this baby comes.  H does side jobs here and there, typically he just keeps his side job money (causes a huge fight if I try to convince otherwise).  He knows how stressed I am about this debt/childcare costs and what he would bring in would be a huge relief.. but it still doesn't sound like he even remotely plans to use any amount to help out.. I just want to cry.. like wtf. Any bonus or any extra money I get, goes right towards bills/baby stuff.  When I said that, he says "I never tell you you have to do that."  That's true, but it's what I feel is right and it's what we need.  I would feel like shit if I was just sitting on my bonus money while we struggle to pay off things stuff so we are in a better spot when baby comes.  IDK maybe I'm being a crazy controlling wife. I just want to feel better about our financial situation and this debt is just hanging over my head. IF we didn't have it, I'd be able to extend my maternity leave so that really upsets me. 
    2. I had more.. but now I can't remember what they are because I'm so upset about #1

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• @LastMango I am dealing with the same thing for my baby shower. My mom put the RSVP date as yesterday and she's heard from about half the guests. Why, adults?!

My MBF is my MIL. I don't know why I thought asking her to cohost my baby shower along with my mom was a good idea, other than it's her grandson too. She has to be in control and no one (out of her friends) can be left out of the guest list. I've gotten calls and texts four times asking if I've remembered to include specific people. Yes, MIL, I invited your SIL's twin and her DIL. Today she texted to ask if her friend who I've met twice is on my guest list. I said no because I want to keep it down to those I feel close to. She hasn't replied. I guess with a normal person this would be an easy, honest, conversation to have, but I let her walk all over me while wedding planning (150 out of our 200 invited guests were from her end, several of whom my husband didn't even know). It's difficult to try and start asserting myself now but I know I have to because she won't be in control where my LO is concerned.
  • I am so sick of looking at houses! We have been looking for about a year now. It doesn't help that we just signed a six month agreement with a realtor only to find out he is horrible at his job. We have also been looking into modular homes or just building one. We have yet to decide or agree on something we like!
  • What a stressful situation @cabu14, I'm sorry you're going through that! Definitely sounds like he needs a wake up call to understand that both of you will have financial responsibility for the baby. If this is a tough subject to bring up, maybe you can start by discussing how other responsibilities will be shared? For example, who will be in charge of diaper changes, bath time, cooking for the family, medical decisions? Then you could bring up financial decisions, budgeting, paying for daycare, returning to work, etc. 
  • @TexasGal24 @marynog thanks for the support. I'm thinking I do need to have a sit down with him I am just nervous bc anytime this comes up it ends up with him immediately going on the defense.  Now that I think about it he also has $20 a week deposited into his own account. I don't do that either.  I know he will help with the baby and cook and stuff. I just cant believe how quickly he shoots me down or says we will talk about it another time.   Gah! This is why he is not in charge of the finances haha he doesn't prioritize these things!  Thanks for letting me vent.

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• emy730 said:
    @LastMango, I totally agree! I hate when people don't RSVP and then come anyway. Or on the flip side, RSVP yes, and then never show up and never mention it. Pisses me off!
    Thissss. My own Grandma didn't officially RSVP to my shower over the weekend. Gave a vague 'maybe' via my Grandpa earlier in the week and then never showed, didn't call, nada. Granted, she's in poor health, but I would rather know upfront than be disappointed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here's a good one for you... yesterday was my wedding anniversary and my husband and I watched our wedding video (which was loaded onto a USB). Well my husbands laptop completely wiped out the USB and its GONE.  :'(

We made a backup, which I kept at my parents but my dad recently moved to Florida following my mom's death and HE CANT FIND IT.  I'm making DH email the videographer as I cannot deal with this right now. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh no @hayhay87!! Fingers crossed it's recovered. I'm sure your videographer has a copy in his vault. They usually do for a few years. 
  • @emy730 @katesmama0706  I completely agree with both of you and already talked to DH about how our kids won't be forced to hug. My DH and I are both NOT huggy people so I highly doubt our children will be (although they may be, because I am sure we will naturally be affectionate to our own children). 

Even now with our nephews or with my friends children I always ask for a hug first instead of just taking one, if a child is uncomfortable then I leave it. I feel like I will do that with my own toddlers too, it never hurts to ask and its better then them growing up thinking they don't have a say.

• hayhay87 said:
    Here's a good one for you... yesterday was my wedding anniversary and my husband and I watched our wedding video (which was loaded onto a USB). Well my husbands laptop completely wiped out the USB and its GONE.  :'(

We made a backup, which I kept at my parents but my dad recently moved to Florida following my mom's death and HE CANT FIND IT.  I'm making DH email the videographer as I cannot deal with this right now. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?
    @hayhay87
    OMG!!!! I hope he finds it!! I couldn't imagine!! I'm so sorry. )):
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hayhay87 Oh, I seriously do hope you find it. FX!

@cabu14 Does he know how it makes you feel? Maybe try to go a different way of talking to him about it. Something that won't get him into defensive mode. Not saying you scold him or anything lol but men get touchy about certain things, and for him this is one of them. Maybe he just needs a reminder that you are on his side, you are BOTH working through this and that you love it when you two work as a team.

I had to talk to my DH about a touchy subject and he ALWAYS went defensive mode. Til I realized he thinks I am going to be mad. He just needed to find out for himself that the conversation could be pleasant if we tried, and we both understood each others side in the end. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate dealing with insurance and medical bills, especially when pregnant.  I'm pretty sure my perinatologist is trying to bill me for payments already made by Blue Shield.  The only way these totals match up is if I add in the portion Blue Shield already paid.  UGH.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • christac1010christac1010 member
    edited October 2016
    1. Bedrest. I'll be the first to admit that I'm pretty lazy. I have no shame in laying around for hours. But seriously? This is boring AF. And stressful - which I never knew! Like you're the sole person responsible for keeping this baby inside you. But relaxxxxx! I'm also freaking out about this possibly taking away from my 12 weeks home with him, but it's nonnegotiable at this point. Hopefully I'm cleared soon to return to work on limited activity, but I also understand I have to do what's best for me and LO. 

2. Registries. People are buying the weirdest, random things, while completely practical things sit untouched. Or people buy a partial gift, like Boppy slipcovers but no Boppy. I just don't get it. I'm really starting to stress about having to buy what's left on the registry because we got 6 themed bibs (not on the registry) and 4 packs of hangers, but no crib sheets or bottles or thermometer. 
  • Many hugs to you, @christac1010! Fingers crossed that this period of bed test does the trick and you can be cleared for mild activity. Depending on your state and the size of your employer, you may be eligible for pre-delivery disability. I know that's the case in California, I think someone else on the board (on the maternity leave thread) said that New Jersey had something like that too. Could that be a possibility for you??
  • DD has a sinus infection and passed her illness to me.  She's out of school until tomorrow at the earliest and I have a 7-hour working session I'm remotely attending because flying to CA wasn't in the cards for me at 30 weeks pregnant.  So, I have sick me, sick toddler, and a 7 hour meeting to deal with today.   :s

BabyFetus Ticker

• @christac1010 I can totally relate to #2. At my work baby shower practically everyone gave baby bath towels. I registered for two sets and I ended up with at least 5. I'm taking them back because I don't need 10+ towels, but out of all the things on the registry, why did everyone gravitate to bath towels??
  • H is making me cancel plans I had with all of us with a good friend of mine this weekend. He's absolutely convinced that I will go on bed rest before baby is born so he wants to make sure we have all this money saved up for when that happens so we can still get bills paid with me not working. I get preparing but at the same time sitting at home doing nothing is not my idea of a great weekend when we had awesome plans that were not going to cost that much to begin with. I'm not carrying twins and my doctor doesn't have me on any restrictions but he is still totally convinced that my doctor is going to put me on bed rest before this is all said and done. I highly doubt it at this point. My doctor is perfectly happy about how things are progressing and not worried for me at all. So I guess it's a weekend of being ignored by my family for their stupid electronics again :(

BabyFetus Ticker