January 2017 Moms

Maternity/Family photos: Dress Me/Look at Me

I didn't see a thread on maternity photos. I thought since it's around the time most people have them taken (if you're going to) that it might be fun to have an outfit advice thread. It can also be a place to post photos if you want to share when you get them. 

Re: Maternity/Family photos: Dress Me/Look at Me

• I'm wanting to have family photos taken before our new little one gets here. The last family photo we have is when my son is about 4 months old. He's now 3.5. The boys will wear more neutral colors to go with whatever outfit I get. I want something that shows I'm pregnant, so I'm looking for a more fitted dress that I'll wear an open cardigan with (because it's getting cooler here) and tights and boots/booties. Here are some I found on PinkBlush today. Help me pick one! I'm fair and blonde. I'm a similar build to the models in the pictures.
     A. 

B. 

C.

D.

• I like the third one best and the first one second best.  The other two aren't really my style.  You will look super cute!

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the first and third one! The others not so much for photos, too much attention. I usually go for nice and simple. Pick one that'll go best with everyone else's outfit!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with the third! Easier for everyone to match with and more simple. 
  • I think A would be the easiest to match with but I personally like D the best.  They are all pretty though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hmmm I would say the first one! I think lighter and less busy is better when showing off the bump in photos. 
  • I'll wear a neutral cardigan over whatever dress I choose, so it will help to tone it down some. Thanks for the input ladies. I agree more simple is better!
  • Have you bought their clothes before? I was looking looking at one of their wrap dresses. I am so curious about the fit! I would have to agree that number one is also my favorite print, they are all pretty though! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• My baby shower dress is from there and it is RIGHT AT true to pre-pregnancy size. Meaning if I gained much weight it would be too tight. So if you want some extra room I'd suggest sizing up.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @nolemama24 I haven't purchased from them. I'll let you know how it goes. Ordering tonight.
  • Agree with @shlecka in terms of fit. I've bought a ton of stuff from them and it's all been pretty true to size for your pre-pregnancy size. The only issue I've had with them (which wouldn't be an issue with any of the dresses posted) was ordering a maxi dress from them, it was really, really long and I had to get it tailored because it was draping nearly 6" of extra fabric at the bottom (granted, at 5'3" I'm short but I have long legs so it was super weird).
  • Have you heard of Lularoe? The Julia dress is this style and I feel it's very flattering on pregnant bodies.  That being said, you don't really have a choice with color/pattern because consultants don't either.
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• I like B. I think the bright blue and navy in it would be really easy to match for the fellas. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @shlecka and @canavara are right about pre-pregnancy fit.  However, I measured my bust before ordering since that was the iffiest part for me.  I ordered according to the size chart and my boobs are definitely pushing it in terms of fitting.  Please consider the boobies when ordering.  

Also, A would be super easy to match with.
  • LOVE the first one!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • #1 is my fav! Have fun with your pics.
  • First one, hands down. So cute!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @adorebella I love the colors! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @adorebella that picture of DS is too cute for words. What a precious grin! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @shlecka I don't know how our photographer pulls this magic but she's really got an eye for color!

@ceclarlinetlo Thank you! He's so cheeky. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So cute @adorebella!! We have ours coming up and I want DD to wear flannel.
  • @underthesea Flannel is such a good way to tie in colors and super perfect for fall, obvi.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @adorebella Those are so great! I'm getting excited for ours now. 
  • We are doing flannel for our maternity pics too. I just need to find something for my dog to wear.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We just did our maternity photos today! I procrastinated way too much on outfits so didn't have much choice in what I ended up wearing but I think it turned out well. We can't wait to see the pictures! 
  • @nolemama24 I got my dress in today. I actually decided to size up since it was a form-fitting type dress, and I'm usually more comfortable in looser fitting attire. I'm glad I sized up because it fit very close to the body despite going up a size. It will show my bump nicely in pictures, but I would say it ran on the small side. 
  • Thank you for the input! I am going to order soon for my baby shower dress @Teach123
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• With my son, we wore blue and did them outside. I'd like to do a purple and blue color theme and I'd like to do them outside in the snow. But it will depend on how cold it is, cause they'll also be family pictures since we haven't had them formally done since my son was born lol this is one from my sons shoot (mind you I was also a week away from my due date in our pictures with him lol) I loved the outfit idea and matched all of them, my belt and the overalls both have anchors on them lol I want to do something like that again!

• Anyone else have any maternity pics to share?  We are just doing prof. pics after the baby comes this time, so I want to live through you all and your beautiful photos!
  • i missed this, too! beautiful pictures :)
  • @canavara I like how you incorporated grapes :) 
  • @gapeachrn love the cotton field!!
    @canavara the grapes are great!
  • @canavara Thank you! Yours are gorgeous and I love how you incorporated the bump dress!

@gapeachrn OMG I am obsessed with those cotton fields and your outfits are perfect!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh man are we suppose to do outfit changes during our maternity shoot? I have mine on Saturday and only planned on wearing one dress...didn't even think of having multiple choices
  • @mudderbear I think it's totally optional. Usually Owen is the only one who gets an outfit change but at the maternity pictures my scarf kept getting in the way so I did an impromptu change into my 'in case of emergency' second top.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mudderbear I think it's totally optional. Usually Owen is the only one who gets an outfit change but at the maternity pictures my scarf kept getting in the way so I did an impromptu change into my 'in case of emergency' second top.

Pregnancy Ticker