February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (10/24)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/24)

• edited October 2016
    TWD hurt my heart last night! :'(
    I haven't been able to watch TWD for 3 seasons now because every episode I was like "not him/her!!!!".
    So I just go online and read the plot summary after the episode shows. Yeah, I'm logical like that. But yep, last night's episode managed to maim my heart even with only reading the plot.

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Loading the player...
  • TWD hurt my heart last night! :'(
    It was so sadistic, holy crap! Not sure what gave the writers the right to write such an episode :scream: 

also, don't think TWD should take over the randoms. It may need its own thread.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • I have to be in work an hour early today and I cannot get of bed  :s
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BumpasaurusRex Sorry you're dealing with that stress. I hope you guys can figure something out that works and that makes you happy. Over the weekend there was a story on NPR about the cost of daycare and it was super depressing. 
  • @BumpasaurusRex That does suck... Are there any other daycares thay could do a better discount for two kids at the same time?
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @BumpasaurusRex I don't know if it's an option, space-wise, but most moms of 2 in the Boston area say an au pair is cheaper than DC. I know my brother and I really appreciated the built-in play friend :)
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Ugh, that sucks @BumpasaurusRex. How frustrating. Hope you can figure out something with a minimum of stress. 
  • MrsDramaK said:
    I have to be in work an hour early today and I cannot get of bed  :s
    I am having SUCH a hard time getting out of bed and motivating myself for work lately. It's nearly impossible to convince myself not to call in sick every single day.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks guys, it's super stressful but I'm hoping we'll figure something out.  I love our current daycare center and would feel so guilty switching DS but at some point something has got to give.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • tishb said:
    I am on my way to my glucose test right now. I remember the stuff being nasty, but I don't remember it being this nasty!
    I am doing that too this morning, it is nasty and hitting my stomach like a rock because I had to fast.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Ugh!! I don't do my test for a couple weeks, but I remember thinking it wasn't so bad. I've had so many food a versions this time that I'm nervous I won't get it down... did you guys get to pick your flavor? I think I always got orange
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06I got the orange.  It was either that or lemon lime, and I remember the lemon lime being like over sugared, very flat Sprite. 

@skiingstark I did not have to fast, but I didn't want to be anything too sugary so I ended up only having a couple of crackers this morning. It's probably better without food, because if there was something to come back up, it probably would at this point.
  • Morning!!  I remember the gluecose drink being kinda good.  I also chose orange.  I heard the lemon lime one is awful tho.

I am sorry about the daycare stuff @bumpasaurusrex.  It's so hard to know what is best and how to manage it.  I hope that something shines thru and it works out the best that it can.

******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• kswiger06 said:
    Ugh!! I don't do my test for a couple weeks, but I remember thinking it wasn't so bad. I've had so many food a versions this time that I'm nervous I won't get it down... did you guys get to pick your flavor? I think I always got orange
    No flavor choice :( 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • kswiger06 said:
    Ugh!! I don't do my test for a couple weeks, but I remember thinking it wasn't so bad. I've had so many food a versions this time that I'm nervous I won't get it down... did you guys get to pick your flavor? I think I always got orange
    No flavor choice :( 
    That's what I'm afraid of  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited October 2016
    I got orange and it wasn't too bad.  Tasted like flat orange soda but very sweet.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • I have my glucose test next week.  Is it a finger prick or a full blood draw?  (I like to be mentally prepared.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MLRocha said:
    I have my glucose test next week.  Is it a finger prick or a full blood draw?  (I like to be mentally prepared.)
    Full blood draw for me.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Full blood draw
  • I watched TWD with my eyes covered for 70% of the show. This seasons going to be rough. 
  • Good luck to those going for their glucose test!

I'm hoping I'll have the option to pick a flavor. I had orange last time and it was :confounded: 
    Hoping this time around I can try the fruit punch one!
  • @concreteangell the red one was the WORST. I think lemon lime was the least terrible. 
  • @concreteangell the red one was the WORST. I think lemon lime was the least terrible. 
    Bummer. Lemon lime sounds like it would be really sour. 
  • None of them are sour at all. They're all like overly sugared koolaide and weirdly thick
  • Because it was mentioned and I have researched it quite a bit-  an Au Pair can only technically work 45 hrs per week.  So if you have a commute or longer work hrs it doesn't always work out for families with little kids.  Typically works really well for families with kids in school because that isn't work time when they are gone and then they can is the au pair to help with after school activities and such.  They also can't take care of babies less then 3 months old.  We almost did it, but the restrictions would have been hard for us. My sister has one now that is working well but their kids are kindergarten and 2nd grade. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • None of them are sour at all. They're all like overly sugared koolaide and weirdly thick
    I might give it a go if they have it then. What I don't remember is how much of that liquid we're suppose to drink. 
    I might give it a go if they have it then. What I don't remember is how much of that liquid we're suppose to drink. 
    The whole container  :s
  • anybody ever opt out of the glucose test? i wasn't planning on doing it because i have issues with digesting sugar (basically it'll make me sick to my stomach and i want to avoid that). my midwife said doing finger pricks and testing my sugar that way could substitute. i'm seeing midwife this week and need to get a straight answer. 
    welcoming our ewok 2/6/17
  • birdiejobirdiejo member
    edited October 2016
    None of them are sour at all. They're all like overly sugared koolaide and weirdly thick
    The whole container  :s
    I remember thinking lemon lime wasn't bad at all. @concreteangell
  • @cruffino how long do you have to test your sugar for if you pick that option? 
  • The doctor's office gave me the glucose drink the last time I was there and told me to drink it before I went in for my next appointment. So I have it sitting in my fridge until then. They gave me the orange flavor. 

Randoms: I think I need to finally make an appointment for a vag wax. I've never done it before but can no longer see down there. My sister suggested doing the bikini first and then go back to do the Brazilian. I'm so scared! Lol
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• @cruffino I can't imagine skipping something that would ensure the safety of my baby. But it was a lot of work for me to get him in here. 
    So much this.

• @homemake - i'll find out for sure this week, but it would be several times a day for a set number of days

@PerraSucia - i'm hoping there's another option, but if i have to, i'll bite the bullet

welcoming our ewok 2/6/17

Randoms: I think I need to finally make an appointment for a vag wax. I've never done it before but can no longer see down there. My sister suggested doing the bikini first and then go back to do the Brazilian. I'm so scared! Lol
    Mirrors can be your best friend. I'm way to shy to get my lady parts waxed, I always shave. And it gets rough, but I learned a mirror can help. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @scottipino I try to not ask you Dr questions, but since you mentioned that you personally have hypoglycemia, I was wondering how they actually catch that? I've always had blacking out, faiting, dizziness, headaches all kinds of stuff. My mom took me to so many Dr's and they did a million tests but nothing ever come back. She always thought it was sugar related somehow but everytime they checked me I was fine. Since then I've just assumed that I needed to be checked when I'm having an issue with it. But I've never been around somewhere to check it, and after so many years have realized I need to eat immediately. Normally I grab a candy bar or a can of pop. But I'm not sure how or when they can catch it to see if that's what it is. Is it detectable anytime, or just during those times I'm having active symptoms?
    Pregnancy Ticker