January 2017 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change (10/23)

What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: 

When's your next appointment? 

GTKY:  What's your favorite holiday tradition (can be any holiday, but obviously there are 3 big ones in the next few weeks :))

Re: Sunday Ticker Change (10/23)

• What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 
    25 weeks! She's the size of a cauliflower!

I did some nesting yesterday.  Cleaned out and reorganized some things.  Husband and I also put together the pack n play. I'm getting so excited!

i can't believe there's already been a birth from this BMB. I'm so glad both mom and baby are doing well.  But wow! I feel like I should be packing my hospital bag right away,  just in case.  

Early November 

GTKY:  What's your favorite holiday tradition (can be any holiday, but obviously there are 3 big ones in the next few weeks )
    My favorite had to be putting up the Christmas tree and decorations. Of course taking them down are my last favorite activity.  

• What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 30! I'm a little bit shocked that we're now into the final 10 weeks. We had an L&D scare this past week, but he and I are both fine and not at any risk for preterm labor. I never realized PGAL brain would come back for third trimester--I still worry about something going wrong.

We just took a hospital tour yesterday, I have to do an extended leave of absence form for my company (apparently my company had enough layoffs recently that I no longer qualify for FMLA but HR has made it clear to me that they have 0 intent of replacing me or not having my job there for me when it's time to come back), labor class starts Tuesday, and maternity shoot photos on Friday :) It's starting to get busy and hectic.

Back pain is getting real. Rave: Looking pregnant enough finally that I managed to get the waiters at Ruth's Chris to fashion a lumbar support pillow for me out of tablecloths, lol. So between that and massive hunk of steak, they really earned their tip this weekend.

11/3 for a 2-week OB check-in. 

GTKY:  What's your favorite holiday tradition (can be any holiday, but obviously there are 3 big ones in the next few weeks I love hosting holiday meals. I have a feeling this little dude is going to be here for Christmas and our hosting plans for this year are going to fall apart, but I'll try my damnedest to make it happen anyway, even if it means two butterballs come out of the oven that day ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • What's new with Baby: Well, Baby decided to freak me out and cause me to ugly cry because s/he changed moving routine on Friday and Saturday. Had a few bumps and rolls, but nothing like normal and completely freaked out. Back to the normally scheduled movements today, thank God. I think s/he must have just found a new position. Other than that, Baby is continuing to develop its wrinkly brain and is a size of a zucchini (although, I've seen so many different sized zucchini that I'm not sure how that's supposed to be helpful)

Preparation for Baby: Clean, clean, and more clean. Taking Tuesday off to help DH clean some more. We now have a high chair, car seat, and changing table! The only thing we are missing is a crib mattress! Oh, and we also got our shower invites out finally!!! So happy to have it set in motion.

Rant/Raves/Symptoms/Questions: Still exhausted. Wide awake 3 times a night now and I've been moving to the second bed so I don't disturb DH. Think I'm starting to notice swelling in my wrists and ankles, but nothing too crazy. Hormones are definitely going. I can't read any sad story relating to pregnancy, delivery, or infants without crying now, and I'm typically a tough cookie.

Favorite holiday tradition: I love any reason to get family together and host. Organizing things is something I enjoy and last year I organized a 15 person Thanksgiving meal and did most of the cooking. This year, we're looking at 6-8, but I still plan to cook. Also, getting ready for Christmas. Christmas time is my favorite because we used to go to England to visit my family each year when my grandparents were alive. It always felt magical and nostalgic. This is my second Christmas married to DH and we're still building traditions, which is fun. I love to do the advent wreath and then cover my ceilings in the British streamers I have and watch the Christmas episode of Doctor Who. Hopefully, we'll be able to do that this year.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• rdh33rdh33 member
    edited October 2016
    What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 
    30 weeks! I can't believe how fast time is going now. He is so busy and active. We're having a blast. 

I had a baby shower at work on Wednesday! It was lovely. H picked up the glider yesterday so now we have all of the furniture. Starting to build our cloth diaper supply. We're going to do a diaper service for the first 2-3 months, but still need the basics. 

ETA: I'm in FULL nesting mode! Unfortunately, I'm not home! I mentioned this last week -- I'm out of state for work for two weeks and am staying at my mom's house because she's only about 45 minutes from my workplace. She's out of the country right now though so I spent 4 hours yesterday organizing her pantry and garage! And today I'm going into work to organize my office so it's ready for when my replacement starts in December. (It's technically an on-site position, but they've let me telecommute/come up once a month for the last 8 months, since we moved.) I can't wait to get home and nest in my own space! 

I miss sleeping on my stomach. 

November 2

GTKY:  What's your favorite holiday tradition (can be any holiday, but obviously there are 3 big ones in the next few weeks )
    I love Thanksgiving! We're hosting this year (8 people total) and I'm so excited. There are few things I enjoy more than having people come to my house and eat my food and drink lots of wine. My husband and I are planning on a having a very quiet Christmas with just the two of us (and maybe a baby!). We live a very snowy 8-9 hours from any family (at least) -- and they are all in opposite directions -- so it makes sense for everyone to just stay put. One of my favorite things is sitting in front of the fireplace, just looking at the Christmas tree. I'm really looking forward to having new traditions with our growing family. 
  • 26 weeks and definitely getting hard to pick things up.

Can't do anything this week, but last week H met with a rabbi to talk about the time line for conversion. I'm really excited that were able to get the circumcision done in Berlin and move home to the states next summer before needing to do the conversion. I think it will be so much more meaningful to have family/friends there.

I wont be able to do baby things this week because i flew last minute back to the US for an emergency surgery for my mom. I mentioned a few weeks ago about my mom and her troubles with insurance and having breast cancer. Turns out the cancer is metastasized to her skin and bones, and her hip was on the verge of snapping because of the lesions. They put a rod in on Thursday and she's doing SO much better already. All of her doctors are very pleased with her progress and we're hoping she can come home tomorrow so I can help her out for the next week. It also looks like the rest of her organs are free from tumors, so I'm feeling pretty optimistic that I can go home to Berlin, have baby in january, and then move home next spring/summer to be near her. 

Nov 4

I love cooking for the holidays, even if it's stressful. I'm really hoping when we move back that were able to steal a couple of holidays away from other relatives so we can host. I'm pretty sure we can have dibs on the Jewish holidays, but I'll have a harder time taking over one of the Christmas meals or thanksgiving.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • newyearsbaby5newyearsbaby5 member
    edited October 2016
    @moosette113 so sorry to hear your mom needed surgery, but so happy you're able to be there for her and she's on the mend. Sending good thoughts your way!

30 weeks! Just getting bigger and bigger... can't believe there is still 10 or so weeks left of growth... scary. Baby is now strong enough to grasp a finger apparently which is super cool to think about.

Still on our Babymoon at the beach which is the greatest thing ever. Hoping we come home to an *almost* finished house so we can start nesting. Early labors on Dec 16 and now our board freaks me out because I'm in no way ready to bring a baby home (stuff/gear wise). If my mom says one more time which room at her house can be the baby's room if he comes early/my house is never finished... ahh I can't even. 

Rant: Random aches and pains at the end of the day freak me out. I know it's my body being tired from a long day of carrying this baby and being active, but I still always go into panic mode in my head. Rave: Somehow my normal bikini fit me on the beach for our Babymoon and lots of strangers told me I had a cute baby bump. It makes me happy since I feel like I look like I've binged nonstop at an all you can eat buffet when I look in the mirror ;) 

This Friday for 30 week appt and 3 hour GTT. We'll see how that goes.

I LOVE Thanksgiving. The family time, crisp walks, good food making the entire house smell awesome, people in town, all of it. This year the added bonuses are Gilmore Girls and my baby shower that weekend too, yeah!! 
  • 30 weeks! 6-ish weeks left and holy shit I'm hyperventilating thinking about it.... 

Our shower was today  <3 it was wonderful!! The days before were filled with family drama because my mom and sister are SUCH MARTYRS ugh over them but it was a beautiful shower and I'm so grateful to my friends and family! We have SO MUCH stuff to wash or assemble and organize and put away now  :o

My back and hip pain is enough to make me cry almost every day at this point. Actually it might not be the pain itself making me cry but how relentless it is, it's exhausting. Standing and sitting hurts one spot and laying down hurts another and I'm never free of it anymore! 

Growth scan Tuesday, I'm really nervous for it. Despite my best efforts I haven't gained a single pound in 6 weeks and I'm so scared that I'm messing up. The more I bulk up the longer the placenta lasts and the bigger these girls get, I feel like I'm failing them 

I can't pick just one... my step mom's thanksgiving turkey is what dreams are made of. Halloween decorations and finally being socially acceptable for watching tonnnnnns of horror movies? A++! Oh but Christmas. The lights and coziness and watching White Christmas with mint cocoa.... ok that might actually be my favorite  :#
  • TinaBelcherTinaBelcher member
    edited October 2016
  • @moosette113 thinking of you and your mom. Creepy virtual hugs to you. 
  • @moosette113 sending you & your mom thoughts & prayers. It's good to hear the docs are optimistic & her organs are clear. 

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Thanks everyone. I'm actually really excited (my mom is too) it hasn't progressed farther, even though it's not a great prognosis. We're pretty confident she can continue to live on her own (with occcasional help) for the next half a year, and then she can move in with us when we're state side. 

@TinaBelcher I hope your growth scan goes well! You are giving those babies everything you can, so you definitely aren't failing them. I'm sure your doctors will do everything they can to keep the little ones cooking for as long as possible.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @TinaBelcher good luck with your growth scan.  Sorry you are feeling like a failure- you are doing your best and that's all you can do.

@moosette113 glad your mom is recovering well.  Hopefully she continues to recover.

As always I'm a day late posting.  29 weeks the size of an acorn squash.  Can't believe I could have her in less than 10 weeks.  

Yesterday my mom threw my baby shower.  So our lo's nursery is now full of bags of goodies for her.  We have more newborn clothes than she will ever be able to wear, but not much after that.  We still have my MILs shower in 2 weeks- hopefully we have more clothes in different sizes afterwards.  This week we will be washing and putting away clothes and rearranging things in the closet based on when she will be using some of the baby gear.  I also have so many thank you cards to write- my hand is cramping just thinking about it.

Rant for the week- some minivan parked super close to my car last Thursday at the train station.  After working all day and being in pain from sitting and standing I really didn't want to have to enter my car from the passanger seat and climb into the driver seat.  I am having a hard enough time getting into the car normally much less having to worry about not fitting through the door.  Can't wait for my maternity leave to start.

Nov 1st for regular OB appointment but I start rotating through the other doctors.  I miss my ob already.

favorite holiday tradition is probably looking at Christmas lights.  My husband and I would go for walks around Astoria and would go into the city to the tree at Rock Center while shopping at some of the outdoors markets and going out to eat.  Not being in the city and being so extremely pregnant will probably mean we change it to driving around and looking for over the top houses around NJ this year.  

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @TinaBelcher how did your growth scan go? I agree with PP -- you are doing all that you can and certainly not failing your girls! Every body is different. Your babies are probably taking what they need first and you get what little is left. You are doing a great job! 
  • @tinabelcher I hope you're doing well. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @rdh33 @ceclarlinetlo thanks for asking! This week has been nuts. Growth scan went pretty well, they're equal weights (2lb15oz) with equal fluids. Only 28th percentile which is really unfortunate (I would like them much bigger since they'll be 4 weeks early) but in line with the first scan's percentile. (Last scan they were "bigger" at 38&42 percentiles but a different tech did that scan and I know they're highly variable)

OB wasn't thrilled but she's not freaking out about my lack of weight gain. I don't have to come in next week but the week after I start 4 appointments a week  :s  (2 NSTs, 1 BPP and 1 OB appointment every flipping week) so they'll be keeping a closer eye on me, I'm supposed to start gaining again, around 2# per week! She agreed that I can skip my "2 hour after meal" blood sugar check if I'm hungry enough to just keep eating, my numbers have been good enough that getting more calories is more important than checking my sugars 
  • @TinaBelcher thanks for the update! Wow! 4 appointments a week -- that's crazy. I can't imagine needing to gain 2# a week. Hang in there! It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job caring for your girls and they are on the right track. 
  • @TinaBelcher 4 appointments a week!! I don't know how you twin moms do it.  I felt bad telling my boss about the amount of appointments I was going to be coming in late or leaving early due to in November, not sure if it would even make sense for me to come into the office anymore if I had that schedule.  Good luck with all of your appointments next week- hopefully those babies start growing a little bit faster.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18