December 2016 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change 10/23

How far along are you?
How big is baby?
Symptoms, Appointments, What's Happening this week?
Rants/Raves/Questions?
GTKY:  What's one product you could not have lived without this pregnancy?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 10/23

• How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? Squash

Symptoms, Appointments, What's Happening this week? Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions this week. Life will be revolving around the world series and the Cubs this week

Rants/Raves/Questions? Had my second baby shower yesterday. Got so much nice stuff from both showers now to organize it all. Not pleased with Target registry though. A lot of problems with orders not being completed for some family members. 

GTKY:  What's one product you could not have lived without this pregnancy? My pregnancy pillow for sure. Sleeping is a lot better now that I'm using it. 
  • How far along are you?  32 weeks
    How big is baby?  Squash, Jicama.  Baby was measuring 4 lbs 3 oz on ultrasound last week.
    Symptoms, Appointments, What's Happening this week?  No big changes in symptoms this week, unless you count extreme crankiness and moodiness.  I’m not sure if that’s straight up hormones or my reaction to constant pain, but I am not pleasant to be around lately and god bless DH. No baby appointments this week, in fact I convinced them to let me come back in 3 weeks because baby is doing so well.  Last week we had the growth ultrasound and follow up, it was so nice to see baby on screen again, she was practicing breathing and swallowing. Yesterday my sister surprised me with a small baby sprinkle, it was so unexpected that I burst into tears!  They took me to lunch and we had cake and it was just so nice of them- and they bought me the halo bassinest, so i can avoid the stairs up to her room in the early days, so I’m super happy about that!  Rants/Raves/Questions?  I’m just ready to be done with this pregnancy and not be in pain anymore.  I’m really hoping for a 37 or 38 week delivery. Holding on for 6 more weeks seems a lot more tolerable than 8-10 for some reason.

GTKY:  What's one product you could not have lived without this pregnancy?  Besides the essentials like maternity clothes, vitamins, different meds for the symptoms, etc, I have to say something boring like breast pads, because I have been leaking like crazy and colostrum does not come out of bras easily.  The swivel seat in my car and the chair in my bathroom (since I can’t stand long enough to get ready in the morning) are a close second
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    31 weeks :)
    How big is baby?
    as big as asparagus 
    No appointments this week. No symptom changes, just the normal stuff. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Seeing the few water breaking posts this week has got me equally excited and nervous...I went two weeks early with my youngest but I never really thought about going into labor as early as 33-34 weeks. So it's crazy to see some ladies all ready having their little ones! Super exciting but nerve wracking because I'm not 100% ready if that happened to me!!
    Zyrtec. I had horrible, horrible nasal congestion (partially because of pregnancy and partially because of my nasal polyps) and I would literally get sick and throw up because of all the drainage I was having. Zyrtec didn't get rid of it completely since I still had a lot of congestion but it got rid of my drainage so I wasn't throwing up every single day because of it. But good news, since week 23 it's basically cleared up completely and I no longer have to take the Zyrtec and I can finally smell again!!
  • How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? Squash, jicama, armadillo 

Symptoms, Appointments, What's Happening this week? Symptoms: I feel like I somehow became more pregnant between Friday and Saturday. It feels like symptoms have amped up, which according to the 32 week bump description is typical. I was still surprised though by how I now have to pee even more than before, my bump feels suddenly bigger, I'm slower/more sore/more grunty, can feel the boy wiggling in there even more than before, etc. What's happening/Goals: This week I need to write those darn thank you notes once and for all. I also need to look for a pediatrician more seriously than just casual googling. Interview appointments need to be made. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: This has been the weekend for getting baby deals. I have been enjoying wheeling and dealing and couponing. It soothes my pregnant soul to be checking off the list little by little. More goals for this week include organizing the gear/supplies and starting to wash clothes and sort them as well. 

GTKY:  What's one product you could not have lived without this pregnancy? This is tough. I'd say probably my prenatal (Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal System) because I feel like it's kept some of the constipation and other things at bay for me rivaled by being able to bump here on the boards. I do better when I have a group of people in the same place as I am, and so it's been a real lifesaver to have a pregnancy refuge or mothership to go to and compare notes/chat. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @zubenescamali, I went into labor with DS1 and DS2 at 38w2d, and 38w1d respectively.  I'm all for babies taking as long as they need, but on a personal level, I'll be a bit disheartened if this trend doesn't continue.

How far along are you?  34 weeks

How big is baby?  A large bag of potato chips, cantaloupe, or baseball glove 

Symptoms, Appointments, What's Happening this week?  Mid-back pain and insomnia fueled by having to get up multiple times a night to use the restroom as well as a certain 4 year old who sneaks into our room every night.  I don't have an appointment til next week...everything checked out well in our appointment last week.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I think that our sun room renovation will be complete this week.

GTKY:  What's one product you could not have lived without this pregnancy?  Hmmm....I really can't think of anything specifically related to pregnancy, but the indoor Chick-fil-a and McDonald playgrounds have been a godsend for sure since I don't have to keep my head on a swivel as much to watch both boys.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • @H4aPartyof5.  DD2 came at 38w too, and I'm hoping DD3 follows the same pattern!
  • How far along are you? 34weeks
    How big is baby?
    4lbs 3oz for a rough estimate. I like @H4aPartyof5 's bag of chips reference. Makes me want chips. 
    I have a bi-weekly appointment this week and a weekly NST. Went on Friday for a fluid check and nugget seems to be on the smaller end of things and lacking fluid. The highest measurement they could get was a 7.2. Increased blood flow to the placenta and decreased flow to tiny man earned us a position on the watch list. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    With the increased threat of a possible early induction it's snapped me into immediate nesting mode. I've got Purple Heart coming on Tuesday and I'm purging the house of all useless items. Peeping my two older girls for baby and thinking maybe I should pack a hospital bag to keep in the car. I'm nervous about going to a scan and them not letting me go home again.
    A lot of you woman say your vitamins. I do love my Melaleuca prenatal pack! However I'm going to go with a food instead of a product since I don't have any pregnancy related products ofther than clothes and vitamins. ToTs! I have a love that runs deep for jalopano cheddar tots. They are my everything!

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• How far along are you?  32 weeks
    How big is baby?  Size of a squash
    Symptoms, Appointments, What's Happening this week?  Busy week coming up - breastfeeding class on Monday, MD appointment on Thursday, maternity pictures were rescheduled for Saturday, and my second baby shower is next Sunday.  Went to a baby shower today for a friend who is due Thanksgiving Day.  (I thought I was looking pretty pregnant but she definitely has me beat in the belly department!)
    Rants/Raves/Questions?  Nothing really this week.
    GTKY:  What's one product you could not have lived without this pregnancy?  My Snoogle!  I was a little resistant to getting it at first, but DH bought one for me because he was tired of hearing me complain about aches and pains when I woke up in the morning.  I'm so glad he did!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers